James Randi's Paranormal Challenge

ahimsa666

Has any of you heard of Mr.Randi who doesn't believe in the paranormal.Nobody has ever passed his tests.

Take a look here You can take part if you want to! :D

and

here

What do you think?Why has nobody ever passed his tests?

Love,Kamila

Apollonia

I've definitely heard of Mr. Randi and his little band of skeptics. I think there's something odd about someone who is so determined to prove that something doesn't exist--which is impossible, anyway. In science, you can prove the existence of something, but you can't prove something doesn't exist.

I've heard several well known (and to my mind honest) psychics who say they would never take him up on this, because he's so slippery about the testing process. Here's a link I just found about just what's the problem with his proposed challenge:
http://www.alternativescience.com/james-randi.htm

Umbrae

Ahhh James Randi…

I remember discussing him with Kat Black, creator of The Golden Tarot, in regards to her fork-bending site (fork-you.com). James Randi essentially brutalized her, even though she never made any ‘psychic’ or paranormal claims.

James Randi (whom I’ve met, live and in person), was a very accomplished magician at one time. But he never really ‘made it’ like Chris Angel, Lance Burton, Penn and Teller…he kinda flopped. Great stuff – no presentation skills. In fact, he’s a nasty, rude, jerk, who seriously believes that the world owes him a living (this is my opinion based on our meeting).

So he now runs (this is also my opinion) a send me money so I can prove these folks are scam artists. Which is essentially, a ‘send me a check’ scam.

He feels that all paranormal anything are magicians, who are essentially better performers than he was, and by gad he’ll prove it…if you send him money.

His ‘tests’ are designed so that if you’re God, or Jesus himself – you’ll fail. :smoker:

huredriel

Umbrae said:
James Randi (whom I’ve met, live and in person), was a very accomplished magician at one time. But he never really ‘made it’ like Chris Angel, Lance Burton, Penn and Teller…he kinda flopped. Great stuff – no presentation skills. In fact, he’s a nasty, rude, jerk, who seriously believes that the world owes him a living (this is my opinion based on our meeting).
He sounds as if he's suffering from some serious jealousy/sour grapes to me!

Elven

I would be watching for the day that James Randi suddenly pulls this 'offer' from his website - which he can also do at anytime as well. He can also refuse any application he likes - but I have a feeling he's a sour ol bugger who has registered his 'educational' business as a tax saving strategy, and that millio bucks is probably earning him enough interest to keep his website going. I heard its in a bank somewhere. Hmmmm....

Umbrae did you look at the site that Apollina put up - is that his Magician Poker Face? I hope he doesnt go shopping looking like that and walk past the Dairy section he'd curdle everything :p only joking - thats a funny photo! LOL!!

Blessings
Elven x

ravenest

Yeah, there are all these dudes out there that will offer a squillion dollars to anyone who can prove anything paranormal, psychic etc. BUT it always has to be under all these conditions ... theirs.

Psst, anyone wanna make a squillion dollars, grab one of these people, get a contract then present them with a traditional water dowsers records. I knew a guy in S.A. that did it (water divination), his father did it and they kept records going back, with years of successful water divination, sometimes along side a geophysics report that showed another location and deeper drilling. This guy has saved many people thousands of dollars, he uses a bent twig!

Surely records and demonstration of that would prove it works! but getting the wankers to pay up might be a harder task than proving water divination works, even though prople use them all over the world.

lukedra

I remember looking up on this guy.My mum looked up some tax thing i'm not sure what its called in the US. you realise his website is making over a million a year and he is making LOTS of money personally off this. It is the greatest scam in the world, The scarry thing is how many people out there reffer to him like hes a saviour and are willing to give so much money to him just to become a member.

Indigo Rose

IMHO the irony here is that many people who are highly skeptical, will never experience paranormal events....because they are too skeptical. I think openness and intention matter a great deal in the paranormal realm as to what, if anything, one experiences.

Skeptics will always be there; so be it. As for me....I'm a true believer.

Peace
:heart:

ahimsa666

ravenest said:
Yeah, there are all these dudes out there that will offer a squillion dollars to anyone who can prove anything paranormal, psychic etc. BUT it always has to be under all these conditions ... theirs.

Psst, anyone wanna make a squillion dollars, grab one of these people, get a contract then present them with a traditional water dowsers records. I knew a guy in S.A. that did it (water divination), his father did it and they kept records going back, with years of successful water divination, sometimes along side a geophysics report that showed another location and deeper drilling. This guy has saved many people thousands of dollars, he uses a bent twig!

Surely records and demonstration of that would prove it works! but getting the wankers to pay up might be a harder task than proving water divination works, even though prople use them all over the world.

The problem with this guy is that he doesn't want to take into account past records or anything.He's interested only in here and now of his test room...

ahimsa666

Thak you,Apollonia-for a thought-provoking article!I read Mr.Randi's terms and conditions again!I'm thinking of writing to him :D I'm not going to go there as I can't afford it but I'm curious about his response :)

The problem with some psi phenomenons is that some of them happen in the most unexpected moments.How would I prove to him that I have precognitive dreams?Or that I just know some things for sure and they happen?

If I could afford it I would just go thru his test to see it all for myself.Than he would either convince me I'm wrong or I'd laugh straight into his face :D

It is very interesting that he is the only "judge" there.It really IS pseudo-scientific!

Anyone knows about tests that prove the existence of the paranormal?Or maybe there's someone here who underwent Mr.Randi's test???

Love,Kamila