books that incorporate tarot with astrology?

gorgeousbutterfly

does anybody know any good books that teach you how to use astrological correspondences with tarot? thanxs!

deedee

The only one I know of right off is Tarot Constellations Patterns of Personal Destiny By Mary K Greer although it isn't being printed you can still find it on some sites for $30-$60

gorgeousbutterfly

thats very expensive, but i guess that is reasonable for an out of print book. is the book any good? is the extra bucks worth the value? thanxs :)

dadsnook2000

Let me suggest . . .

Let me bring the following to you attention:

Astrology & the Tarot by A.E.Thierens, PHD, 1975 by Newcastle Publishing, USA. This book has an introduction by A.E.Waite. This book is written in the style of Waite and other early-mid 1900's tarot books but it is clear about what it says.

Numerology and the Divine Triangle by Faith Javane and Dusty Bunker, by Para Research, 1979 focuses upon Numerology and the Tarot but has a specific note about each card's astrological associations, offering a paragraph or two about that astrological connection.

There are many books that note an astrological association or associated date, based on astrological decants, but they are typically short of explanations.
Good luck. Dave

tarotbear

The book "The Everthing Tarot Book" by M. J. Abadie ISBN 1-58062-191-0 is heavily slanted towards an astrological viewpoint.

Scion

Hey

There's a short but applicable list of appropriate titles here at Tarotpedia.com.:

Doane, Doris Blending Astrology, Numerology and Tarot, 1997 ISBN 086690462X
Hasbrouck, Muriel Tarot and Astrology: The Pursuit of Destiny 1986 ISBN 0892811218
Hazel, Elizabeth Tarot Decoded: Understanding and Using Dignities and Correspondences, 2004 ISBN 1578633028
Muchery, Georges Astrological Tarot, 1989 ISBN 0517682591
Thierens, A.E. Astrology & the Tarot, 1975 ISBN 0878770313

I'd recommend Hazel's book particularly. Also, I remember Teresa Michelsen mentioning back in April that she's working on a Tarot/Astrology text, but I don't think she's finished it yet...

Scion