starlight divination

zorya

we are all made of star dust. everything is made of star dust.

when i need perspective i turn to the stars, so it was only natural that i use the stars for divination. it seems so much easier, to leave my body and join the universal flow while gazing up at the night.

i suppose i started doing this as a child, without realizing what was happening. i would lie on my back and forget myself. then i was free to receive.

usually one star will capture my attention, and i will gaze up at it, it's light seems to get brighter and brighter, i feel it's light enter me...and then the images, words or feelings just come.

i don't get to do this as often as i would like, as i have cats.haha they love to walk on me when i lie down. lol. but sometimes they settle down enough. even if i don't get any images, it leaves me feeling very relaxed.

jade

cool. do you get the same kinda stuff that you get scrying or is it more like when you go on a shamanic journey?

i've never tried this but i'm going to now.

thanks for sharing zorya.

love and light,
jade

Umbrae

Ahhhh...

So much more makes sense now.

zorya

jade,
i do get the same kinds of stuff as scrying, plus i can leave my body sometimes, but those journeys are not really of a shamanic nature.

jade

cool. i would love to attempt this.

jade

Diana

Your post has been in my thoughts all day. I don't have a garden, live in a city, so I can't lie and gaze at the stars. But when I do look at them from my little terrace, I always feel kind of sad. I can't look at them for long. And whenever I look at one star for too long, for some reason I always think of my mother and I end up by crying, because I miss her so much.

I wonder how I could use the stars to heal my pain, instead of them reminding me of it. Any ideas?

zorya

(((((diana)))))

i can't possibly ever know the loss you're experiencing. i've never had the kind of close, loving experience that you had with your mother. i am grateful to her and you for sharing her words of wisdom with us on the forum.

i've lost grandparents and a father-in-law, that i loved. i strongly feel that they visit me often. in fact my father-in-law, paid me a visit after he passed, to tell me that everything was going to be alright. do you feel that it's possible that your mother is connecting with you when you look to the stars? i feel so connected with the universe when i look at them. i feel like it does connect me to all that is. what better time to communicate?

i feel so out of my league here.... i think that it is very important to experience our sadness fully. to go ahead and be sad. to cry and cry. if we stop ourselves from feeling sadness, it doesn't go away. it just gets buried deep within us, to force it's way out when we least expect or want it to. maybe letting yourself feel your sadness..... ? it might be cathartic.

may the stars and all their mystery, comfort you

jade

as i was just reading zorya's post i was thinking.........

i wonder if you allowed yourself to connect and feel your saddness......stare at the stars everynight and let yourself finish grieving. allow the tears to stream down your face, allow it all to be released from your body.

then, perhaps, in the future you can look at the stars and feel happiness........a connection with your mom instead of the loss.

jade

Diana

zorya, jade: thanks for the advice. I will ponder on this.

Melvis

That's so cool that you can see so many stars where you are, zorya! I really miss that living in the city. I just love being outside at night.

I'm sorry to hear about your pain, Diana. I'd like to relate a story of my own...maybe it will help...

When I was little I had a book of Chinese Fairy Tales. One of the tales told about the belief that when people died, they became stars. I really like this idea, and kept it in my head.

When I was 12, my brother (who was 30) died of a brain aneurysm. After that happened I remembered that Fairy Tale, and decided to find some stars for my family. I knew a few of the constellations, and chose Orion because it had enough stars in it to represent everyone in my family. So my brother became the middle star of the three stars I could see in Orion's belt!

In 1993, my sister died, and it was only a few days before I just had to go outside and see which star in Orion she had become! I decided to make her the top star in the bow Orion's holding.

When I was 12 making my brother a star seemed to make death more like a transition than an ending. It was something tangible that I could see...there's a star I can see in the sky, and that's where my brother's soul went, so now he can watch over us all. When my sister died, it was just nice to be able to look up in the sky and look for her star, there with my brother's, and to think of them.

I don't know if doing something similar would help you, Diana, but it might.

Wishing you peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE