Tarot Made Easy

aquanesha

Hi, I've seen some threads where people say that one should stay away from this book but was wondering, Is it really that bad?

Can it not help you develop meanings for the cards?
or is it just that it doesn't teach you how to read so that makes it bad?

shadowdancer

I think it is a useful book in some respects but does not lend itself to reading intuitively. I think most of us want to be able to use the cards in their own right as a way of looking at issues. The thought of looking up the relevant section in a book for each and every card would fill some with horror.

Having said that, for those learning that is perhaps a starting a point, which we should not overlook. With regards to how accurate it is, I have no idea. Perhaps somebody who has the book and has used it could shed some light?

I would not dismiss anything totally out of hand unless I knew for sure how useful or accurate it has proved. I think the idea and concept were good, but perhaps aimed at a different market in some respects?
I have the book (which is on e-bay at the moment) but the only reason for that is I never used it. I bought it way back (forget how many years ago) but my learning took its own course where I never needed it.

Davina

aquanesha

I had figured that would be the reason why others would say to stay away because it doesn't help you read intuitively.

I bought it and find that it comes in handy when I need an interpretation for different areas.

MeeWah

Not familiar with the book. Since every author writes from a subjective perspective, that a book does not teach how to read intuitively does not negate its use for general information.

Most books do not teach the intuitive process anyway. That is a very personal experience & develops accordingly. Books, however, can still be a source of information & inspiration. That a particular book suits your purposes is sound reason to use it.