One Deck Wonders

Grizabella

I couldn't remember whether this goes here or in Talking Tarot, but I've been wondering what ever became of the One Deck Wonders who were going to only use one deck for a year.

Did any of you make it for a whole year? Or even for six months?

How did you feel about the experiment when it was over?

Sulis

I used the International Icon Tarot for 6 months and absolutely loved the experience.

I'm now definitely a one deck type of a gal.

The IIT made me realise that I like the minimalism in my decks and I've been using the Heron Tarot de Marseille as my only deck since I stopped using the IIT (for around the past 4 months).

Every now and then I'll get another deck out (usually the IIT or the RWS) and I'll read with it but I find using just the one deck to be one of the best things I've done so far with tarot.. my readings are much more detailed than they were before I started this and I feel that I really, really know my cards now... No more books for me :)

Emily

I used the Tarot of the Old Path for around 6 months too - I fully intended going for the 12 months but somewhere along the way I realised that the Old Path is a deck that will always be with me. I still read with it daily and although I use other decks now, it will remain a firm favourite.

I feel like I really gained from this study and I picked just the right deck to do it with. I'd never seen all the cards of the Old Path until I took delivery of it and clicked with the imagery from the start. I still haven't learned all this deck has to offer but I feel I have a better understanding of tarot symbolism and can read intuitively with this deck, I'd never been able to do that before.

I still seem to stick with the same type of deck - the Nigel jackson and the Tarot of Northern Shadows are two of the other decks I'm using now and they have the same feel and artwork as the Old Path. I take the time to really look at the cards now instead of trying to remember what that particular card traditionally means I look at the artwork and see what it says to me. Its a style of reading that I really like although I do still read alot of tarot books :)

I don't think I would do it again with another deck. The 'One Deck Wonder' study was a new and fresh idea and I got so focused and into it but I don't think I'd do it again - Well not for a while anyway. :) - But I'd recommend this study to anyone.