Druid Animal Oracle Study Group-Hind

majah kahlana

I love this card first of all because once upon a time a group of friends and I played a game one of us had made up about "if I were an animal what would I be?" We had to pick what animal each person would be and I was unanimously chosen to be a deer. =) So a few years later (okay many years later) I read a book called "Hind's Feet on High Places". I dont remember the authors name off the top of my head but the book was an allergory and it was so beautiful I ended up buying the devotional version. (This was back in my religious days).
I think its fascinating that the Druid Animal Oracles book says that the Hind signifies "Subtlety, Gracefulness, and Femininity." Which for myself I find very cool since I am a "girlie-girl" at heart if not in actual fact. I have to admit that those qualities have been my goal for a very long time due to the fact that I am, in general, clutzy and have to wear horrible jeans and such to my jobs (well not so girlie girl anyway). And I am about as subtle as a ton of bricks =). I mean its pretty sad that I had to go online and take classes on how to be a Sex Goddess since I had no idea how to start at all. I would love to be able to have manicures (but my hands are in cleaners most of the day) and wear dresses all the time (I have some really adorable ones that I wash about every 2 months whether I have worn them or not due to alot of dust). Sigh.. oh well....
Also the book says that the Hind is an invitation to exploring the Spiritual. Which I do alot of on a daily basis thanks to a website I am that is devoted to that.
I think overall that I would like to get this card alot more.

MCsea

I love what you wrote majah kahlana, you have the SPIRIT of the HIND thats for sure.

I found this and wonder if it works with the Druid Animal Oracles

http://www.animaltotem.com/deer.html
Deer Totems

Deer is a keen observer, enabled to see well in low lighting and its sensitive hearing allows it to perceive a twig snap in the distance. For the first few days of life a fawn hardly moves, hidden by the color of its coat from predators. Once it can stand, it follows its mother around to learn how to survive. The graceful movement and gentle nature of these creatures show us the innocence of nature.

Deer is a messenger of serenity, can see between shadows and hear what isn't being said. Deer teaches us to maintain our innocence and gentleness so we can share our open-heartedness with others.

Personally I love DEER eyes, so big soft loving gentle

MARINA

geministar

I dont have this deck either but felt like joining in.

Hind is a female deer, is that right?

When I think of a hind I think gracefulness and peace.

I have seen deer once in the UK years ago. I called it Bambi. I was very excited....if you blinked, you would have missed it.

Just felt like sharing that.....

majah kahlana

Geministar: What a wonderful treat for you!!! You would be in heaven here. =) You have to watch out for the deer in my area. Alot of people hit them on the highways here.. which is sad. But the deer are really plentiful despite the big trucks trying to wipe them out one by one.
We used to have a doe that lived in the woods behind the house here until we moved our dogs to the back yard. I dont think she has been around in a while though. You could sit on the back porch at sunrise and see her bringing her fawn up to the green trees to eat. It was pretty cool (at this point I would trade all three dogs for her.. she wasnt as noisey.. lol).
My grandmother has a lot of problems with the deer where she is. They seem to think that her roses are great breakfast food. Grandma doesnt agree lol. But even though they eat her flowers and try to get into her garden she has set up an "observation station" on her porch where she can sit in the mornings and watch them in the fields behind her house. She loves them too =).
And dont worry about not having the deck. We welcome nyone's thoughts about the animals being presented =) We can only grow if we share our knowledge with each other.
HUGS

MCSea: Thank you for your kind words. "Deer is a messenger of serenity, can see between shadows and hear what isn't being said." That seems to describe me pretty well most of the time =) At least the seeing between the shadows and hearing what isnt being said part does. I am still working on being a messenger of serenity though =). Most days I'm not too sure what my message is much less how to go about being serene about it lol. The website you gave us is really neat. I enjoyed reading about the different Totem animals. My totem is the Wolf so it was totally cool reading about the Wolf =) I think its kind of interesting that I am striving to attain the qualities of the Deer while my totem is a Wolf. I always knew I was shizophrenic LMAO!

geministar

Oh MK, how beautiful, I do wish we had deer here. It would be amazing being able to sit on the back patio to watch the deer and fawn eat. They are such a beautiful animal that you just want to keep looking at. You just cant look away.

Your poor grandma....I too would be devastated about my roses too. It would be funny at first but a real pain after a while...

Speaking of wildlife in the backyard, I used to live in a unit where I could watch possums climb the trees at night. I used to sit on the patio for ages watching them. I tried to leave them a bit of apple once but they were too afraid to get too close to me.

McSea: Thank you very much for providing the link to the website.

MCsea

I too would love to be somewhere Deer were free, I have a feeling our kangaroos - or wallabies - rather smaller and lighter than a kangaroo has a similar energy to the Deer.

Marina