Timing of cards?

cheekyminx

Timing - To give time frame to resolution of Question.

Wands = Days
Pentacles = Weeks
Cups = Months
Swords= Time indeterminate
King/Queen= Time indeterminate
Trumps= Now

Was looking through a few web sites & found this in regards to timing....

Joermit

Ya know... I've always used the movement indicated by the knights as my indicators for time (in the RWS deck).. if you look at the four knights, they all are moving at very different speeds...

Knight of Pentacles seems to not be moving at all
Knight of Cups is moving, but slowly, or just getting reading to move
Knight of Wands is moving quickly
Knight of Swords is moving very, very quickly

I tie these into the suits, spades are the quickest, then wands, then cups, and finally pentacles... I don't necessarily get into days/weeks/months... it just depends on how I feel...

I do suppose swords could be days, wands weeks, cups, months, and pentacles year plus??

Any other thoughts??

Joey

SunChariot

cheekyminx said:
Timing - To give time frame to resolution of Question.

Wands = Days
Pentacles = Weeks
Cups = Months
Swords= Time indeterminate
King/Queen= Time indeterminate
Trumps= Now

Was looking through a few web sites & found this in regards to timing....
I have a similar way
Wands=Days
Pents=Weeks
Cups=Months
Swords=Years
(The numbers can be used as well for more precision, eg, the 5 of Pentacles= 5 weeks...)

Courts=depends on the actions taken by someone in your life. This person is affecting the event and what they decide to do could change the timing. (timing is still uncertain)

Majors=the event will occur only once the issues represented by the Major card have been resolved/dealt with (indeterminate time, you can work quickly or slowly on these issues, the choice is yours).

Babs

tarotcardrose

Hello

I was taught many years ago by my aunt a phenomenal psychic

Cups Days
Wands Weeks
Swords Months
Pent Years

But the sun, is Leo, or warmer weather.......go by the cards.

Grizabella

Tarotcardrose, so do you mean that if you get for instance, 7 cups, it would indicate 7 days, etc.? I think this is interesting.

MeeWah

Timing tricky because other factors contribute. I prefer to not ask about timing, but if timing involved, to instead see to what cards may allude.

Almost the same associations as tarotcardrose, but rely on whatever comes intuitively & not always strictly corresponding to suit.

Aces & Knights can indicate the time of year/season, according to those associations already determined.

In addition, Major Cards usually associated with longer periods of time because they tend to allude to 'whenever the lesson learned'. Or according to their elemental attributes which can suggest time of year or the particular Year Card.

Some time ago, a chance personal reading confirmed general impressions on the life trends. In addition to referring to other things, 5-Pentacles indicated a span of 5 years, less or more by a year or two. Changes ensued within that time frame & culminated about 2 years later.

Several weeks ago, advised a client on a difficult situation. Resulted in a layered reading. 2-Swords appeared, & partly based on it, saw it best if action taken within 2 months' time or prior to September. & best to be prepared to act on short notice because indications opportunity could occur at any time. Though situation marked by the slow progress where the client's interests concerned, some how things swiftly fell into place last week--before September.

Whatever the associations decided upon, consistency tends to work. & be open to the stray or tangent impressions, too. The latter of the intuitive & carry more weight.

SunChariot

MeeWah said:
Timing tricky because other factors contribute. I prefer to not ask about timing, but if timing involved, to instead see to what cards may allude.

Almost the same associations as tarotcardrose, but rely on whatever comes intuitively & not always strictly corresponding to suit.

Aces & Knights can indicate the time of year/season, according to those associations already determined.

In addition, Major Cards usually associated with longer periods of time because they tend to allude to 'whenever the lesson learned'. Or according to their elemental attributes which can suggest time of year or the particular Year Card.

Some time ago, a chance personal reading confirmed general impressions on the life trends. In addition to referring to other things, 5-Pentacles indicated a span of 5 years, less or more by a year or two. Changes ensued within that time frame & culminated about 2 years later.

Several weeks ago, advised a client on a difficult situation. Resulted in a layered reading. 2-Swords appeared, & partly based on it, saw it best if action taken within 2 months' time or prior to September. & best to be prepared to act on short notice because indications opportunity could occur at any time. Though situation marked by the slow progress where the client's interests concerned, some how things swiftly fell into place last week--before September.

Whatever the associations decided upon, consistency tends to work. & be open to the stray or tangent impressions, too. The latter of the intuitive & carry more weight.

Me too, btw. I put my method above, but I almost never use it. SO many things can change the timing of something it would be almost a miracle if the answer you got corresponded to reality. Unless someone else has been accurate with their method, in which case I'd love to hear about it.

Babs

EnglishRose

I'm learning something new everday on AT! :eek: I had read online about suits indicating seasons but i never knew this. Thanks for starting this thread, i'm now off to get my journal and start taking some notes!:grin:

tarotcardrose

Hello

Yes, Lyric. But like a friend asked when his grandmother would die......(I know) I shouldn't ....I said Eight of Wands, and Three of swords. I don't know but I said August Third 8-3. She died August thirteenth a few weeks ago (8 13. So, I usually just go by what I feel. Eight of wands could be 8 weeks. But if it is unlikely go by inuition.

Agathe

That's so funny because I have a totally different way of timing and it makes me think if it is at all possible to be correct if it come to this. Here's my way...I hopw you're ready for this :D:

Ace of wands = 1st day of spring
2,3,4 of wands = 1st,2nd,3rd dacade of Aries
5,6,7 of wands = 1st,2nd,3rd dacade of Leo
8,9,10 of wands = 1st,2nd,3rd dacade of Sagittarius

Ace of cups = 1st day of summer
2,3,4 of cups = 1st,2nd,3rd dacade of Cancer
5,6,7 of cups = 1st,2nd,3rd dacade of Scorpio
8,9,10 of cups = 1st,2nd,3rd dacade of Pisces

Ace of swords = 1st day of fall
2,3,4 of swords = 1st,2nd,3rd dacade of Libra
5,6,7 of swords = 1st,2nd,3rd dacade of Aquarius
8,9,10 of swords = 1st,2nd,3rd dacade of Gemini

Ace of pentacles = 1st day of winter
2,3,4 of pentacles = 1st,2nd,3rd dacade of Capricorn
5,6,7 of pentacles = 1st,2nd,3rd dacade of Taurus
8,9,10 of pentacles = 1st,2nd,3rd dacade of Virgo

Years would be indicated by Major Arcana.

What do you think? It's not as complicated as it seams. All you need to learn is zodiac signs and when exactly they fall.