what to give?

rostie

hi,

i want to give a friend of mine a present, something divinatory but i don't know what...the problem is, she's very fragile...she has problems with herself, she don't believe in herself, she don't love and respect herself, i even think that she hates herself...but she is such a sweet and good girl, so full of compassion and love to give...i had given her my goddess cards (marashinky) and my osho zen cards but it was too hard to handle the truth, but maybe you know a system/cards/runes/oracle that is more sensitive, give faith, love and compassion, nurture her and will help her to solve her inner problems and to believe in herself, to love herself... could you help me out? or other advice also is very welcome...on how i could help her as much as possible...

thanks a lot!!!

with love,

sara

Alta

Healing with the Faeries by Doreen Virtue. Not a negative card in them. Love that deck for days when I can only bear to get a positive message. Beautiful, too.

divinerguy

Rostie,

Give your friend the gift of strength and confidence. Empower her by sharing your strength with her.

Let her know that she has the ability to forge her own destiny. This world is a great cauldron of opportunity. All that she need do is visualize her desire and make it happen.

Give her a gift which is symbolic.

In the movie, "Contact," Jodie Foster was given a compass, so that she wouldn't lose her way.

Help your friend find her strength and her path, and she will cherish it and you forever.

SherryZoned

How does one go about doing that Divinerguy? My brother is in a very deep depression..what i suggest we do..he does not want to...I don't know what to do for him..

Alta

RedWood, I have had similar experiences with people who were depressed and have come to the conclusion that real medical help is the only answer. If you can get them to go.

SherryZoned

I know he wont go...I know the cause of his depression..I know he wont get help..So I am trying to find other ways...

zorya

redwood,

i've struggled with serious depression for years. you might say to him, something that has helped me beat it, many times;

"you haven't always felt this way. and you won't always feel this way"

first he's going to have to recognize that what he is experiencing is depression. it is impossible to see the good, when looking through the tinted glasses of depression. if he can begin to recognize what is happening, you may be able to convince him to get outside help.

rostie;

have you considered the gift of a book? there are so many books that could help.

SherryZoned

GOod idea for Rostie zorya..does she like myths and legends etc..cuz here is a book that incorparates it...that doesnt tell you what you should be feeling..just helps you discover your path..Following your Path...by Andrea Dickerman...check it out..

zorya..he does not regonize it..i asked him..he just does not care about anything..he wont even try what i suggest..i know he does not want to..but i think it will help the first set of us..(sorry first 3 bro sis..me included..second set is halfs from step mom..)

Tarotphelia

This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but could be nice anyway. I just got Box of Dreams for a friend's birthday. It's a book /deck set with 100 cards of beautifully done dream symbols that have the meanings on the back. It's to help you learn the language of your dreams & the subconscious mind, and gain more insight into yourself.

Maybe she could work with something like this first & see if she could get anything out of it. You might not want to add psychic awakening on top of her other problems just yet.

Tarotphelia

Laurel

Healing With Fairies is probably a great gift for someone who needs positive energy- accompanied by hugs and loving attention, doled out consistently.

Its so hard to love someone who's suffering from depression, especially when they are spiritually paralyzed and don't see any hope of ever getting better. There is nothing that you can do, as a loved one, except being a positive role model. Its like Anorexia and many other self-destroying illnesses... the cure requires a belief that the way you live and feel is not the way you want to live and feel tomorror and you are willing to find the hope and courage to start making changes and doing life-embracing activities that can be as small and meaningful as brushing your teeth every morning and taking a walk outside.

Laurel