Most accurate divinatory method for YOU?

Most accurate method of divination?

• Cartomancy (tarot, oracles decks, playing cards)

Votes: 61 61.0%
  • Runes

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Astrology

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Palmistry

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Numerology

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Dream Analysis/Interpretation

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Tea leaf reading/bone reading/shell reading etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spirit boards (ouija)

• Augury (intrepreting signs in nature)

• I-Ching

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Bibliomancy

• Other (please tell us!)

Votes: 8 8.0%

• Total voters

manhattan9thgate

ashtoreth said:
I bet a tarot reader or any other diviner would also tell you this, but it would be an intuitive thing rather than a scientific calculation such as is used in astrology..

That's why I also feel that a tarot reading which aims at more detail rather than seeking counsel might do well when astrological elements are taken into consideration.

Love and light,
Ashtoreth.

I would think Tarot is a reflection, a mirror of the astrological influences in ones life and although Astrology requires precise calculations to build a chart, the results (predictions) are not scientific.

ashtoreth

Manhattan9thgate,

Yes, calculations are required to prepare a chart, but even in the reading of a chart, along with intuition, a calculation (in terms of planetary positions, states, phases) is used in an astrological reading.

I guess I am inclined to feeling this way because the country I come from stresses very much indeed on astrology, so much so that many important people, and organizations use astrological forecasts to help make major decisions.

Love and light,
Ashtoreth.

NightQueen

Great question! For me it's tarot and clairvoyance

calligirl

This was actually a tough question. I picked runes because they're always dead on, whatever the question is.

But I also have pretty good results with Tarot as far as what is coming up or what a situation is at the moment.

As for numerology, and being able to tell people about themselves, that's always been a pretty accurate tool for me as well to the point that my friend will call me whenever she meets a new beau to get a sense of whether she should waste her time or not (her words, not mine!).

It's nice to be able to choose, isn't it?

manhattan9thgate

ashtoreth said:
Manhattan9thgate,

Yes, calculations are required to prepare a chart, but even in the reading of a chart, along with intuition, a calculation (in terms of planetary positions, states, phases) is used in an astrological reading.

I guess I am inclined to feeling this way because the country I come from stresses very much indeed on astrology, so much so that many important people, and organizations use astrological forecasts to help make major decisions.

Love and light,
Ashtoreth.

yes, I understand that completely......the use of Astrology to calculate the best, most auspicious time to consumate a business transaction, have a wedding.......or forewarnings of a negative influence in ones life etc.
I agree with this, in fact, I should gain more knowledge of this particular discipline. I think Tarot and Astrology would be very well paired.

Perhaps you or someone else can answer this question, if there's an appreciable difference between the various schools of Astrology........Western, Eastern, Mayan, Native American.........and how would these differences alter the interpretation of a particular question.

ashtoreth

manhattan9thgate said:
yes, I understand that completely......the use of Astrology to calculate the best, most auspicious time to consumate a business transaction, have a wedding.......or forewarnings of a negative influence in ones life etc.
I agree with this, in fact, I should gain more knowledge of this particular discipline. I think Tarot and Astrology would be very well paired.

Perhaps you or someone else can answer this question, if there's an appreciable difference between the various schools of Astrology........Western, Eastern, Mayan, Native American.........and how would these differences alter the interpretation of a particular question.

Yes, astrology here is almost a household necessity, lol. Leading to the cropping up of a lot of amateurs and fakes, who end up making astrology look bad. Same with most other divinatory sciences..Ok that was off topic ..moving back on track,

Unfortunately, I am not very familiar wtih any other kind of astrology except Vedic. The other kind of astrology I am sort of aware about is Western but then again I don't feel qualified enough to make a comparision here :(

I would love to participate in a thread comparing/discussing similarities and differences in the various kinds of astrology though. Commenting any further on this thread would be taking a long jump right out of the topic :D

Love and light,

Ashtoreth.

anonymous_artist

Hmmmmmmmm I dabble in a lot of this stuff but I would have to say I am best at Cartomancy and Pendulum Dowsing

Webwitch

scorpiana said:
i got to thinking-- which method of divination do you find most accurate overall? as far as your personal readings, which method tells you the most with the highest degree of accuracy?

Scrying is the one I rely on most. I do often confirm things with my tarot cards, though.

garfield

for me its still tarot and a good sense of psychic knowign known as gut feel

Sphinxmoth

I have been consulting the I Ching for just over thirty years now.

it is my valued companion and advisor.

sometime in the last three years,
i finally made a set of six bone sticks, each four-sided and each side
carved with a yin/old yin, yang/old yang side.

now i throw the bones for access to the oracle- just toss em down,
arrange 'em as i see fit and read.
very tactile, very nice sound, clattery and chinky-boney kind of sound,
they heat up in my hands very quickly.
nicer than coins, which I used, lo, those many years.

when it's "on", and it's mostly on for me, the I Ching speaks directly
to the situation with wisdom and accuracy.

tarot came late to me, but as in most things, practice makes perfect.

I also use a pendulum from time to time.