dreams

HOLMES

i am dreaming often of this house, bug huge gouse occupied by ghosts and i am in it tryinh to hide.
there is a whole underground cave mine structure under the house. the house is not mansion wide but there is at least four sories above ground and a nig forest surrounding it

i dreamt of this house two nights ago and this time i wasn't as scared it was like it always is a tour and i remeber seeing this place in the underground that look like a warehouse and it was runned by ghost children. some times it looks like an asame aslyum

before when i was in this house i was runninh around in the mines below the house
and i was running around on the second floor not able to get out.
an differnt times i remember watching ghosts running around in the house curled up in the ball.
and there are zombies out side some times

i know houses represent us, but my terror tells me not this time i don't it is always like a movie
i just don't know
all iknowis my worst fear is ghosts :O(

zorya

next time you dream this, if you can, go to the basements or mines and talk to the ghosts. ask them who they are, why they are here, what do they want, is there something that they would like to tell you?

lunalafey

levels of self

you are right about the home signifing self, and the lower levels perhaps mean your subconsience..the ghosts may signify your past and the issues they contain...zorya has good suggestion, speak to them. What they say may be a symbolic story of an issue you need to resolve within....like skeletons in a closet.
ghosts in a house
haunting issues(about yourself, within the self???
people that are strangers(and sometimes friends) can be a reflection of ourselves. The fact that you hide seems to express your avoidence of these issues...issues from your childnhood? that you have buried(in the mines)...why are there mines? or is it just a cave? there is a big difference symbolically...Are you afraid of the dark? or are you a speelunker?(not sure of the spelling there, basically means a cave venturer)
Now you have a fear of actual ghosts? why is that?
I have lived with a ghost. Harmless, he was.
Just wanted to enjoy the house he built is all...
you feel that this is more that just about self?
why is that? that could be a key to the significance of your dream...

Tarotphelia

Alternate theories

I have had many somewhat similar dreams over a 15 yr. period, except I am not hiding from the ghosts, but looking for them! Kind of an exorcism thing in old Victorian houses.

It may be that the levels of the house represent different levels of conscioussness. You may want to stay on the level you feel comfortable at. But the underground warehouse suggests a hidden or denied level that you may not be ready to address just yet. Such a dream could be a safe way of letting you explore it as a preview.

There may indeed be spirits trying to contact you- and that is the last thing you want! Their realm is kept buried beneath the structure, but it is a part of it too. The size of the house & its' levels may indicate the size of the spiritual gift you have - in particular the gift of mediumship if you should choose that role.

You mention a tour- could it be a spiritual tour? A request to accept the development of mediumship? Or a tour just to make you aware that it is available to you if you want to go that route?The insane asylum reference may be related to the fear of being thought crazy if you are able to see ghosts.

The word mine that you use may be significant also. A mine signifies undeveloped things of value that are buried, but with work may be brought to the surface. "Mine" taken literally also means it's a part of you , you own it, it's yours. But stored for you in a big warehouse.

There is also an element of entrapment - you can't get out sometimes. This parallels the situation of the trapped spirit. Is there anything unusual about the history of the land you're on?

Perhaps your guides or subconscious mind portrays these ghosts as children so they will not be so fearsome to you. Children also engender a desire to protect & rescue, another clue or message maybe. If only children are inside, but the zombies are outside, that may be saying that you have control over the situation & are protected by the structure, your spiritual gift.

Maybe it would be helpful to draw this place and get it out in the open.

Tarotphelia

Alta

Just to add a thought. CG Jung had a similar dream about a house with many levels. He went deeper and deeper below the house and found evidence of more and more ancient civilizations. He gradually interpreted this as respresenting the idea that all of us have layers of of our races' past. As aspect of past lives if you will. That our consciousness is really layer after layer of newer and newer meaning but underneath it all is the entire history of the race, as a 'collective unconscious'.
So, this may not be an entirely personal dream. You have spent much time over the past while pursuing your studies into the spiritual and the dream may be indicating that you are making progress, excavating layers of meaning. But, because your understanding is only partial, so you see some of them as 'ghosts' and 'zombies', things that frighten you.