Forest Of Souls

sassygirl3124

I just order Forest Of Souls from my favorite new age book store and I was just wondering does anybody have this book and is it any good? I have heard alot of good things about Rachel Pollack and I have always wanted to get one of her books. I do hope this book will be worth it.

connegrl

When I first started my tarot journey, I checked out this book from my library. I liked it alot, but I wasn't trying to learn to read, just to find out more about tarot. Personally I like her writing style.

Jen

dadsnook2000

A different kind of tarot book

I have this book and have read it -- and it is truly a great book. It is not a "how to read" primer that explains the meaning of each card. It is a book that offers inspiration to use tarot in ways you are probably not using tarot now. It is a book that guides you into opening up your expectations for yourself. It is a book that takes you into rhealms that you might have never associated with the tarot. Can you interview God? Yes. Can you find new ways of reading the cards? Yes. Will you become a better, different tarot reader once you read and absorb some of this book's material? Yes.

If you are a free spirit, if you are not hung up on rules and canned meanings for tarot cards, if you want to explore many aspects of life, then this book might be at the top of your favorites list. Dave

coyoteblack

I made a post like this when i first bought that book. For me it is not one of those books where you read it all the way through right away you kind of go on a journey with it.

definatly a book for a person that want tarot for more then just doing reading for people truley a beautifull book

sassygirl3124

wow its sounds great from what you guys have said and just what I am looking for in tarot book. I am looking to find out more about myself and explore different options for my life and I want to use tarot to help me do that, I find that I read the cards in spreads but I am looking to do a lot more than that and I want to have a great understanding what these cards can help me learn about myself and just life in general. Well now you really have me looking forward to receiving this book, I can't wait to see it in my mailbox.

ZenMusic

At lunch time today, I picked up Rachel Pollack's
"The Forest of Souls: A Walk Through the Tarot"
(from a huge stack of books on my floor.. my next month's reading); I intended just to glance at the book while I was eating...

however....I couldn't put it down, I read it straight through... it's really unique (as always, there are a few weak sections; she would benefit from a good editor) and it doesn't really deliver what I had thought it would, but it's still a great book, if just to open one up to new view of the Tarot

Bonnie

Rachel Pollack

I love "Forest of Souls", and, like other members here, found that it opened up new ways of thinking. I recommend anything and everything written by Rachel Pollack. She is not afraid to try the new and different. :)

She also see the Tarot as a process, which will be different for each individual.

Blessings,
Bonnie

SixDegrees

Either this or Place's "Tarot: History, Symbolism and Divination" are next on my list. Decisions, decisions...

Jewel

SixDegrees said:
Either this or Place's "Tarot: History, Symbolism and Divination" are next on my list. Decisions, decisions...
Get them both. Very very very different books. Both worth their weight in gold.

DreamGhost

Thanks to a suggestion from another Aeclectic member, I too have ordered this book. :)

Just waiting for the call from the bookstore.