When You're Stuck Spread (aka Spiderweb)

HudsonGray

It's a little hard to visualize, but figure #1 is the spider, 2-5 is the web itself, and the 6,7 & 8 cards are the threads anchoring the web to something.

1. The main immediate problem you need to focus on/ what can hurt you the most.
2., 3, 4, 5 Description of what's holding you in this problem.
6. What anchors this problem (where it originates)
7. What needs to break to release you
8. Lesson to be learned

This is pretty rough, but I wanted to get something down that could focus on some of those problems we have that seem to have no solutions. I figured by looking harder at the cause then maybe things would be easier to decide in fixing what's wrong.

I haven't tried it out much yet, and it's routh, like I said, but with Halloween coming I thought I'd put it out here to get some suggestions.

shininglion

HudsonGray,

I just have one question about this spread. If cards 2, 3, 4, 5 represent what is holding you in the problem, how do these cards differ from card 7, which shows what needs to be broken through in order to get out of the problem?

Seeing as how cards 2-5 are "holding" you in the problem, wouldnt one or even all of these cards need to be "broken" as well to get out of the situation?

Other that that, I actually like the fact that some of the cards have set positions while cards 2-5 are more open to interpretation. That's a nice combination, but I think that 7 card is what's got me confused.

I can't think of any particular suggestions, but I think that the meanings of 2-5, as compared to 7, could be a little more well-defined.

Hope that helps ya! You're on the right track, as far as I can tell.

HudsonGray

I think I look at #7 as the pivot point mostly inside you that would be needed to break things into getting them moving again. There's an awful lot that can have us pinned down and many of those things aren't directly able to be adjusted, altered or shifted (like being stuck with low cash, unable to move, waiting on a third party to do something, etc.--which is the #6). The #7 is where you can focus on your own actions or intent to actually make a difference to the situation, which gives a personal move that works around the web problem itself.

Anchor threads on a web hold the whole thing in place. Breaking one won't always take a web down, but it weakens the whole thing and the spider has to repair it to get the web functioning at peak efficiency again. Take down two of the three, and the web flops uselessly. Focus on the 6 and 7, and you've got a major breakthrough in getting loose.

shininglion

It now makes much more sense to me. Thanks for explaining.

And now I think I can safely say that this spread is solid and will work well. I think you've done a good job, so good luck, and kudos!

HudsonGray

Thanks!

blackroseivy

Wow, this is great - I needed a spread like this!

I have my own "situations" going on; you said, "low on cash, can't move..." Voil`a, my problem. You know, that really hit home with me! :( I wish I could get out of here but there's not much I can do. Maybe this spread will help me to figure it out, ay? ;)