spiritual tinnitus

star-lover

when i close my eyes i see lots of faces

i dont know what that is
all sorts of faces - good ones bad ones

Isaacrpgr

ring ring

I've always had the ringing,not all the time,alot of time when i go to sleep and I have been experincing the chills alot more often like 5 time a day

Webwitch

madmoiselle said:
I'm wondering if any-one else has had any experience with this? Or I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Yes. The range of pitch I can hear is exceptional (no electronic equipment can be on "stand by" if I am trying to sleep), but I have hearing loss in my right ear and used to suffer with tinnutus. I had no idea that you weren't supposed to hear that ringing until I was in my 20s. Medically speaking, I was told there is nothing to be done.

However, in the course of my homeopathic treatments for another condition, the tinnitus disappeared and it has to be really, really quiet for me to even notice its still there and it is no longer constant. I have never suffered from headaches, nor does the ringing only appear when I am going to sleep. I notice it more at that point, because I turn all the other sources of intereference off, and I live in house with four foot thick walls in the country where it is quieter. I am not especially sensitive to smells, though I sometimes smell things others don't.

I have never heard it referred to as a gift from spirit and given the amount of people who eventually go crazy as the ringing gets louder I am not surprised.

star-lover said:
i think if its spiritual then wheres the follow up? i dont get told nothing

Nor do I!

memries

I have that too star-lover.. whole scenarios like I am looking into someone else's life or a moment of it.

I have always understood that smells are the angels close by. Is that just folklore or what ?

I also see colors sometimes before the imagery of pictures sets in. I quite enjoy it really.

starrystarrynight

I've always heard ringing in my ears. Old wives' tales says it means someone is talking about you (LOL) - Left ear=love, Right=spite.

I have heard it can be due to fluctuations in blood pressure, also medications, etc.

Here is the one I'd like to throw out there. Who smells stuff that isn't there?

Every once in awhile, I smell the pipe tobacco smoke of Borkhum Riff (sp?), which was the brand of my high school/college sweetheart--and I haven't seen him for about 30 years.

I smell it in my home where nobody smokes, and usually when the windows are closed. My neighbors live about an acre away, and they don't smoke, anyway.

I have also smelled fragrances (like colognes) from somewhere out of my past--distant past--on occasion.

It is very weird.

Dancing Bear

yep yep yep!
Highly sensative to any noise, hard when you live with three little children.
I cannot stand loud music at all never have, nor can i tolerate quick fast sounds it iritates me to the bone... Any noise outside whilst i am inside i know what it is and where abouts it is coming from. Hubby is forever asking what was that noise ten minutes after i have already heard it..
I have had migraines forever, tried all sorts, nothing has worked so far..wont give up though, I get the ringing in my ears, not all the time thankfully but at least once to twice a week. I also can hear any electrical goods on at the power point, to me it is a sharp whistle sound. SOme Televisions i cannot sit in front and watch coz all i can hear is a constant shreek.. When i go to bed at night everything is switched off and needs to be silent, Hubby likes the radio or tv on, Drives me nuts, and cant sleep until it is all turned off.
A certain pitch is really irritating and hurts my ears even some peoples voices hurt my ears and make me uncomfortable. that i will find any excuse to get away.. wind in my ears gives me the worst earaches and later turns into migraine, so i avoid staying outside when it windy, especially the beach on windy days..

Anyway a list an arms length long,, i have always seen it this way, I am an absolute lover of peace solitude and being with nature, I can endure any single noise that comes from nature, a shrill cry of a hawk, the call of the curlew, even the bark of a dog.Majority of the noise my ears repell are man made, so to me it just says my ears are more intune to the natural sounds and are not meant to endure all the other stuff.and i try to avoid... all i know of the folk laws if your ears are burning someones talking about you LOL!
thats about it..Phew I can babble :)

floracove

I've always heard that when your ears ring someone is talking about you, the right side is good talk, the left side, not so good talk.
What's wild, is when they both ring, and one side rings louder than the other.

Last night I laid down and put my fingers to my ears. And ya know what i realised? They always ring in some capasity. Most of the time it's very low, but it's always there.

I know what my dad would say if he were reading all this.
"Ears ring, from air whistling through your head."

I just know he would... (always the joker) ;)

Airis

Ringing.....

Gosh....it's the same for me!
I went to the doctor for the ringing in my ears and he told me it's all in my head....you know what, it IS in my head. LOL....back of my head to be precised. The constant ringing changes in pitch & intensity...but it's always there. Headaches & migraines are constant to me.

I can distinguish footsteps before they are near the frontdoor and freak out my family when I'd announce who'll be ringing the doorbell before the visitor arrives. The young ones take delight in this....Sometimes I'd tell my family there's someone at the door...but no one is there. But the sound is crystal clear to me. I'd be in my room with the door closed, deep in my reading, yet I can hear the footsteps approaching my home.At night, when all the households' asleep, that's when I can really hear the "sounds".

Electrical stuff have their sounds too....I'd tell my dad the fridge is going to need servicing a few days ahead cos it'd sound "off" to me...and true enough, a week later it did.

I can hear, I can smell and I can sense motion too. Songs affect me greatly, there are good songs and there are bad songs, not because of the lyric nor the music.....but there are some songs that can trigger off negativity and I can "hear" them.

One question I need to ask the many "listeners" here....can you move your ears? I mean wriggle it or something like that without touching?

StarryStarryNight: Borkhum Riff Vanilla is my favourite ...dunno why...just is...

Isaacrpgr

Umm,I'm not sure i can,Its more like pushing uo my cheek to move my ear but i know what you mean with the sounds increasing or decreasing when doing that etc

PreciousGem

I'm new to the forum, but I like what I'm reading..I'd though I'd share some too..

I do get the ringing in my ear often, usually when I am near a (sometimes in another room or in the woods.) high electric source. The louder the ring the more stronger the electricity... I get headaces everynow and then. I can hear low noises better then anyone in my family (ie. ticking watches shoved under a pillow to stop tick on the other side of the room)
I also get it when I think of a certain subject and when I feel sad.

I think it's just human nature to have this ringing. But you never know...it could be something unimaginable..