Tarot notes concerning health

BLFO

I am trying to expand into tarot readings into health. So if you get certain cards that represent illness, physical conditions, disease, viruses...post your notes here.

I discovered that menstruations/periods is a Reverse Ace Swords.

I have Tarot of the Cat people. Unlike Rider-Waite, Cat People does not have a sword peircing through a crown. Instead a man has a sword up in the air with a defense shield. The shield is shaped like a vagina with in illustration of a cat's head in the middle as if the shield was giving birth.

Since Ace Swords upright usually means fertility for most Rider Waite cards because the swords looks like a penis peircing the crown...the vagina for sexual intercouse. The reverse means infertility. Well, menustruation doesn't mean that you COMPLETE infertility but you are losing an egg every month until a woman hit menopause.

Sulis

A note of caution

Are you medically trained or qualified?

Just a warning to be very careful about telling folks anything about their health if you are not.

In the UK only someone who holds a medical degree is allowed to diagnose. Even alternative health practitioners don't do it.

Be very, very careful -diagnosing something like infertility (which is actually usually referred to as sub-fertility) could get you into a lot of trouble.

If it were me, I wouldn't go there (and I'm a nurse and also a clinical reflexologist).

Gayla

Sulis is right...readers have gotten arrested for practicing medicine without a license. The safe thing to do is tell them to see a doctor.

BLFO

I am not diagnosing anything nor practicing medicine. I am practicing tarot. I am pulling out tarot cards on health. It is YOUR NOTES based on your experiences of health, concerning tarot and associating cards to a certain illness, health issue or whatever that you had.

For instance, you might have gotten an Ace Sword concerning health. Then during the day you accidently step on nail because you walked barefoot.

Now...you got notes?

I got another one today. I got today 4 Swords for health. That was because I had less than 4 hours of sleep. The cards are letting me know that I am run down and tired. I need to rest properly.

mysticmonkey

I've personally noticed that the 4 of chalices (Fey tarot) has come up for me a few times at that time of the month.
The lady on the card is sitting lazily in a chair suspended in the air over a chalice full of dark coloured wine. Basically sums up the zombie state I enter for the first few days. ;)

I wouldn't want to diagnose anything potentially serious though. For my own readings I'd either be clutching at straws because there are just so many possibilities or I'd really already know the answer but I'm just too scared to get it checked out.
I definately wouldn't want to do health readings for others. That's a whole other mine field that I'm ill equipped to deal with.

Sulis

BLFO said:
I am not diagnosing anything nor practicing medicine. I am practicing tarot. I am pulling out tarot cards on health. It is YOUR NOTES based on your experiences of health, concerning tarot and associating cards to a certain illness, health issue or whatever that you had.

For instance, you might have gotten an Ace Sword concerning health. Then during the day you accidently step on nail because you walked barefoot.

OK - you didn't make it clear in your post whether you intended these readings to be for yourself or for others.

Fine if they are for yourself. If not then the warning still stands - be very careful what you tell people about their health if you are not medically trained.

If you ask folk for their experiences on this forum, they will give them, that's what I was doing.

As far as cards for health go - for myself I often get The Moon and The Queen of Swords when I'm feeling particularly hormonal and pre-menstrual and I find that the 9 of Swords turns up a lot when I have a migraine.

Sulis

BLFO said:
Since Ace Swords upright usually means fertility for most Rider Waite cards because the swords looks like a penis peircing the crown.

Interesting take on the Ace of Swords - I've never come across this as one of this cards 'usual' meaings in a RWS deck although I can see where you're coming from just looking at the image intuitively.
The suit of Swords usually represents the element of air, the mind, communication and problems - I wouldn't get 'fertility' from that as a 'usual' meaning at all, in fact I would say that the Ace of Batons would probably suit that interpretation more - Batons being the suit of fire so the Ace representing the act of creation, the spark, the start of a new life.

Sophie

BLFO said:
I discovered that menstruations/periods is a Reverse Ace Swords.
For me it is the Ace of Cups ;). But the Ace of Cups can also be something to do with the heart, or can be water on the lungs. I've had it for cystitis too - all that liquid pouring out - with the 3 of Swords...ouch.

All the cups have something to do with water and liquid. I had DVT 18 months ago, and kept getting the 10 of Cups for that - overconcentration of blood that was solidifying - fluidity missing, heaviness (too many cups, in that case - if you use reversals, it would be 10 Cups rx).

I don't diagnose either - I just practice and then see how close I am to a doctor's diagnosis or other means of finding out (like the person telling me - I am menstruating).

star-lover

the 9 of swords - terrible headache, the feeling of having broken bottles in your head

10 of swords - mental burnout, feeling totally drained

7 of coins - same - drained, depressed and fed up

Sulis

Helvetica said:
All the cups have something to do with water and liquid. I had DVT 18 months ago, and kept getting the 10 of Cups for that - overconcentration of blood that was solidifying - fluidity missing, heaviness (too many cups, in that case - if you use reversals, it would be 10 Cups rx).

Completely agree here, I've also had the Ace of Cups show up a lot when I was suffering from cystitis.

I did a reading few readings for my son a few years ago and kept getting Temperance and the Ace of Cups a lot - turned out he was quite dehydrated..