Tarot Cielo by Kat Black

retrokat

Thanks! :D Also, I'm sure the publisher will do a really nice job on the Mass Market version. The only drawback is that I have to write a 25,000 word companion book so that there can be a deck-only and deck-book set option. Ha, and I thought I was getting near the end of the project!

HearthCricket

Oh, but that would be so cool, too! I would love it! I am so curious who had made the offer, but none of my business until you announce it!! Seriously, though, there is so much about your idea that the intro would be fairly easy, then putting your heart into the meanings and where the inspiration came from, what artwork, etc. A nice glossary of where the original paintings came from in the back. Yes, I know you can do it!!! :heart:

retrokat

I'm dying to tell as well! As soon as the contract's all signed and sealed, I'll be announcing. What I can say is that they're an author-centric book publisher from North America. They are about to release their first tarot deck, which has excellent presales, and they approached me to ask about the new deck - I wasn't looking for a 'real' publisher! It's a case of us being mutual fans (they loved Golden, I think they're an awesome publisher), so again, how fairytale is that?? :)

HearthCricket

It sounds extremely Fairytale-like, with a very happy ending, I expect! Sort of an out into the sunset with a smile ending. :D

fferyllt

A mass-market edition is very exciting news! Congratulations, and thanks for sharing with us. :) It will be harder to wait, but well worth it.

6 Haunted Days

Congrats! I may be getting the TarotConnection deck, it sounds wonderful! Also I love my Tarot of the Crone quality, the cardstock is great. The mass market, since they're new to Tarot, the cardstock/quality might be up in the air.

I was thinking Schiffer's, but they already released a deck!

retrokat

Happily for me, the book publishers are really into Tarot, even thought they're just branching into doing decks - so I'm sure that they will do the research to make sure it's great cardstock and printing etc.

Having said that, Leisa's edition will be very special, and very good value for what it will be (ie, a signed, small one-off edition for Collectors). Of course things like gilded edges aren't viable on such a tiny edition, but we're putting a lot of effort into making it something people will want to treasure and keep for a lifetime. I know there are a million decks on the market now, so I don't know if it will be a commercial success - but I am so much prouder of it than Golden.

It has it's limitations, eg being so small due to the resolution of public domain images, but within those boundaries I've really felt encouraged by my Benefactor to produce the deck I really wanted to. I hope it shows, and that other people feel these personalities reaching out from centuries ago the way I have. I feel like I KNOW these people, and that they know me. And who better to give advice than a friend who really knows you?

truelighth

Oh, how wonderful that there will be a mass market production too. I am for sure gonna get the one from Tarot connections. But it must be really nice that this company want to publish your deck. Keeping eyes peeled... :)

6 Haunted Days

Yep, for sure getting the extra special edition :) Probably the mass one too. It'll be great to get it a year or more (knowing publishers, it'll be well after sping 'til it's published) before the general public! And also the extra love and care taken......

Queen of Disks

A real live deck!!! YAYYYY!!! :party: