Tarot Cielo by Kat Black

baba-prague

magpie9 said:
:bugeyed: Does Baba publish other artists' work? :bugeyed:
Yes we do in theory - and in fact we are publishing a book next year which is definitely NOT by us (and it isn't a companion book). However, so far we have always commissioned work as we have a very small "list" of course (ToP was only three years ago - so we are still new) and we want things to fit with the general approach we are building up. With no reference to anything in particular we are already booked for a couple of years out, although of course plans change and all that.

We do look for illustrators though, and we're currently working with one amazing Russian artist (but she is not quick so that deck may take some years :( )

Papageno

retrokat said:
Sorry... not doing very well at answering questions. Too obsessed with pushing pixels :p

I know I shouldn't post too many images, given the number of times people have tried to pirate Golden, but I can't resist showing a few more.

As you can see, working on the Courts mostly at the moment.

Yep, I think I'm the luckiest girl in the world, as anyone who's met Jasper would have to agree :)

I like your choice of that particular branch for the "wands". there are far too few depictions of the wands I really connect with. often they are either ridiculously elaborate of they look like baseball bats or cave man clubs.
I'm not a fan of the Golden but so far I really like this "Cielo", it seems to have an interesting twist to it, something Machiavellian brewing.

magpiejst

hmmmm....my guess kat

is this deck will be more than merely something to hold in one's hand...
something more in keeping with, ummm, other work of yours that i've been privileged to behold...

retrokat

magpiejst said:
is this deck will be more than merely something to hold in one's hand...
something more in keeping with, ummm, other work of yours that i've been priviledged to behold...

uh huh.... close... although you'll still be able to hold it in your hand... :D

retrokat

trismegistus said:
I'm not a fan of the Golden but so far I really like this "Cielo", it seems to have an interesting twist to it, something Machiavellian brewing.

I doubt you'll like Cielo either, if you don't like Golden. Same era, same collage style, same religiously-intended originals (I know some people don't like GT for that reason), same personal biases from me, same subtexts and symbols where I can fit them in. This deck will undeniably be the child of Golden. The twist is something that has little to do with the actual images (hint, hint)...

Papageno

retrokat said:
I doubt you'll like Cielo either, if you don't like Golden. Same era, same collage style, same religiously-intended originals (I know some people don't like GT for that reason), same personal biases from me, same subtexts and symbols where I can fit them in. This deck will undeniably be the child of Golden. The twist is something that has little to do with the actual images (hint, hint)...

overall the work is excellent, the theme is eloquently conveyed.

back to the Cielo. are you including a physical icon to facilitate reading?

magpiejst

yes but

oh I certainly expect to have something to hold, to use, to have the sensual, tangible pleasure of...just suspect an expanded, other aspect...

Papageno

magpiejst said:
oh I certainly expect to have somethin to hold, to use, to have the sensual, tangible pleasure of...just suspect and expanded, other aspect...

the Love of God

Papageno

so am I on the right track?