Tarot for the Healing Heart by Christine Jette?

Amaris

This is the only book on tarot that my local public library has. I've checked it out and began reading it today. So far, I'm pleased with the book. In addition to using tarot for meditation, Jette has come up with several spreads aimed at healing and learning the core of one's dis-ease. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this book, particularly the spreads, and what you thought.

Thanks.

6 Haunted Days

I just started a thread about Tarot Shadow Work from the same author...sounds quite similar to the book you mention....though I think a whole different slant.

geministar

Amaris, I have recently ordered this books and Im expecting to receive it early next week.

It is a while since you started this thread and I just wondered if you are still enjoying the book.

I have read an excerpt from the book and was impressed. I have also ordered the book by her on Shadow work and I think they both look very good for personal development.

Lewen

Gemini,
I am waiting for this book to arrive in the mail and was wondering how did you like this book? I'll have to look for the other book that you mentioned, but did a search to get more information on this book. Hope you all enjoyed it!

geministar

Lewen,

I havent actually started reading it yet. I have started her other book on Tarot Shadow work which I like but havent gotten far yet with this one either. Im juggling so many tarot books at the moment.

I would like to discuss this book with you though and hear from everyone here though what they think of this book or any of Christine Jette's books.

Gem :)

Kahlie

I worked with it.

I found the perspective very feminine slanted, as well as very pagan slanted. I don't mind reading other perspectives and I do have pagan friends... It's just that Christine seems to want so much to keep things 'universal' that it kind of loses the personal touch.

My male friend who read the book felt it was useless for him since it was so feminine.

I tried some of the spreads, but rarely got any good results with them. They gave me information, but not really any that I felt I could really work with. Like getting the World RX... "you are not ready to go out into the World yet"... Ok, I *know* that, but what can I do about it???

Instead I worked with other Healing Books, which did get me results.

However, I feel that the end of the book, the meanings of the Cards in a Holistic Health way, is very good, although you shouldn't pin the meanings down to that.

Kahlie

Amaris

I enjoyed reading the book, but I didn't get a lot out of working the few spreads I tried. Like Kahlie said, I got some information, but then I didn't really know what to do with it. I also was a bit annoyed by the obvious pagan slant. I don't have anything against paganism, mind you, it just doesn't float my personal boat.

I'm a little disappointed that this is the only tarot book that my library has, but as they keep getting stolen (or 'lost'), they've stopped replacing them. Understandably.

geministar

Thanks Kahlie and Amaria for sharing your opinions on the book. Its a shame, I was really looking forward to working with the spreads and seeing what I would get out of it.

I will certainly let you know how I go with it once I have read it.

Lewen

geministar said:
Thanks Kahlie and Amaria for sharing your opinions on the book. Its a shame, I was really looking forward to working with the spreads and seeing what I would get out of it.

I will certainly let you know how I go with it once I have read it.

I agree, I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I'll let y'all know too once I get it and get started with it. I am interested in hearing more about this Shadow Work one too. What's the title of the book?

geministar

Its called Tarot Shadow Work, also by Christine Jette. There is another thread on this book too.