UK Yarrow Stalks - Yi Jing

Moonbow

I usually use three 50p coins but would like to buy some Yarrow Stalks, and I can't find a UK seller anywhere!

The internet isn't any help either, and I don't grow Yarrow in my garden so, can any kind soul help me with this search.

I really didn't want to use wooden BBQ sticks but they may be my last resort.

Rosanne

Hi Moonbow- have you tried the Chinese Emporium near you? Here we have a Chinese store that sells bowls, chopsticks, and dried food, fans and fireworks- all things Chinese. Has been in Auckland since forever! He sells yarrow sticks!
That is how I learned I Ching- but I found it more tedious than relaxing. I now use the sixteen marble way which has the same odds as the Yarrow sticks. I purchased 16 beautiful Italian glass marbles for the job and I now love the ritual of trigram building. ~Rosanne

Greywoolfe

Moonbow, if you're able to get yourself to London, go to Cecil Court near Charing Cross station, and go to Watkins Esoteric bookstore. They sell Yarrow stalks, as well as Chinese coins. I use Chinese coins for my I-Ching readings, and they work just fine! :)

Moonbow

Thanks everyone, This gives me a few things to try out.

I don't get to London often but I've also been told by someone else that Watkins sells them.

I think I'll try the Chinese food store which is somewhere in the city and if no luck I go out and look for some, I quite like the idea of picking my own and drying it out. It's a shame we seem to cut down the wildflowers along the roadsides in Hampshire, I'm sure it would be easier to get in the West County... long way to go though!

I'll let you know how it goes.

Little Baron

Moonbow* said:
I don't get to London often but I've also been told by someone else that Watkins sells them

If I get there before you get some or see them anywhere else, I'll pick you some up :)

LB

Rosanne

hehe Moonbow, I just had a fantastic idea- and then it got blown up by the Customs. I can not send you Yarrow sticks in the mail. What is this?- you in Mother England and me in NZ- we are family. I can send you Kebab sticks though :D They are vegetation neh? How about some KiwiFruit? ~Rosanne

Moonbow

(((LB)))

That is very sweet, thanks for the offer. If I come to London we can go to Watkins together... imagine the fun! :D ... and then the pub.

Rosanne, Customs are such party poopers, maybe Yarrow stalks labelled as vegetarian kebabs skewers?? Where there's a will....

Little Baron

Moonbow said:
That is very sweet, thanks for the offer. If I come to London we can go to Watkins together... imagine the fun! :D ... and then the pub.

Haha. Yes, I can. As long as we do it in that order. Otherwise there will be sticks and tarot cards all over the floor.

LB

Le Fanu

I know this is an old thread but I did a search and found that Moonbow* asked exactly the same question in 2006 as I find myself asking now.

Anyone know where you can buy yarrow stalks from in Europe? I found a site in the USA but nothing nearer home. If not I shall order Wu Wei's set off amazon uk which comes with a set of yarrow stalks (but also unnecessary stuff like incense and a cloth and a notebook etc...)