Spirit visiting spread

Persephone37

I just had an experiment where I invented spreads for the clients myself without looking at the usual spread list. This one is a bit of a different kind, since the question was about a spirit visiting somebody. It worked quite okayisch for the client and I would like to share the spread (not the reading) with you. Comments are highly welcome!

1. your present situation

2. your fears

3. your hopes

4. what was the spirit trying to tell you?

5. how was your relationship to this spirit in the past?

6. what does its appearance mean to you?

7. How will your life change after this visitation?

Akatala

This looks like a terrific spread.

There are two points I see that could be expanded on though. For one, it doesn't entirely answer who the spirit is. Only how they were related to you. Granted I've only been reading for 6 months, but I've done a whole lot of study in the spirit guide area. They don't always come from a person's past. So you might want to leave that area simply constrained to how they relate to the person and let the spirit dictate what kind of relationship it is. They'll tell you if they've been around a while. Also, you might plop in a card position in there that is a representative of the spirit's personality to help the person being read figure out who it might be through whatever traits show up in the card that appears.

I dunno. Maybe I'm taking it a little bit too far for general preference, but that's just how I see it from the meager experience I've managed to gain. *shrug*

Persephone37

Akatala said:
This looks like a terrific spread.

There are two points I see that could be expanded on though. For one, it doesn't entirely answer who the spirit is. Only how they were related to you.

Thank you for your answer. I know, I had a bit of a problem to make myself asking of who the spirit is. I explained my client my hesitation before I did the reading, so he knew it was somewhat difficult for me to do a reading like that, since I have absolutely no experience with spirits, ghosts and s.o. and did never believe in them, either. You may say, it was my first careful step in this part of the spiritual world.

Akatala said:
Also, you might plop in a card position in there that is a representative of the spirit's personality to help the person being read figure out who it might be through whatever traits show up in the card that appears.

Thank you for this advice. I think it is a very good idea.
I also felt that I really feel insecure in reading about entities I am not believing in. I guess I will refuse to do such readings in the future. But hey, at least I gave it a tryal. :)

Thank you!
Blessings
Petra

brenmck

Persephone37 said:
I also felt that I really feel insecure in reading about entities I am not believing in. I guess I will refuse to do such readings in the future.

Reading this, I wonder whether this whole situation was created by your own spirit guide, just to get you thinking.

~B~

Persephone37

ggg Well if so then to convince me that I rather stick to not believing in them. ;)
I am no christian and have my very own spiritual believes. I don't believe in spirits, ghosts or angels.

Glass Owl

Persephone37 said:
I am no christian and have my very own spiritual believes. I don't believe in spirits, ghosts or angels.
One does not have to a Christian (or follow any form of organized religion for that matter) to believe in spirits, ghosts, or angels. Just something to keep in mind. I'm not a Christian neither nor do I follow any particular religion. I see myself as a spiritual person and Tarot is part of that ever-changing path that I'm on. As for the issue of spirit guides, ghosts, spirits, angels, etc I've had some experiences that have made me very interested in legitimate paranormal research and think that it's a subject worth exploring. I'm open-minded about it, just as I'm about Tarot and other subjects, such as pychic abilities.

In opinion, depending upon Tarot to soley diagnose/treat a disease isn't a good idea and the same is true for dealing with on-going paranormal activity. If you or a client is experiencing paranormal activity, I recommend turning to a reputatable paranormal group for advice and assistance if it's needed. It is crucial though that one find a group who is legitimate and who doesn't charge to help. (If they visit the client's home, they may ask for help with gas.)

One of the most respected and top groups in the field is TAPS (The-Altlantic- Paranormal-Society.) TAPS has contacts and groups throughout the world. For those who are interested in learning more about TAPS and what they do, you can also check out their website, watch their show called Ghost Hunters on SciFi network, or listen to their TAPS ParaRadio podcasts at Planet Paranormal.