Spirit Speak Spread

Akatala

This is a spread I developed as a means of using my cards to have a one-on-one conversation with one of my own spirit guides. After using this particular spread for someone else for the first time the other day and finding it working perfectly, I thought I'd post it as a sort of follow-up/companion to my other spirit spread.

Unlike the other spread, this one isn't complicated at all. The hardest part is merely translating the cards into verbal messages.

Before you deal the cards, you must pick the spirit guide that you wish to talk to and find a court or arcana card that represents that person. Do the same for the seeker. Also, if you have an object or photo connected to the person you're trying to hear from, lay that out on the table. I, personally, have stones and runes that I use specifically for this spread to give the connection extra power. But when you do this, do whatever suits you best.

THE SPREAD
~~objects/photos/etc~~
M~SG~1,2,3,etc~Q~S

M: Your Moon card goes here. It symbolizes the Spirit Realm.
SG: This is where you place the card that represents the spirit you're trying to connect with.
Q: This is where you place the card that represents the questioner/seeker.
S: Your Sun card goes here. It symbolizes the Physical/Living World.

The cards you deal in the center are the messages. They are dealt from left to right. You can set a specific number of cards out, or deal until you feel like the spirit's said 'okay, I'm done' if you're an intuitive reader. IF the questioner/seeker really wishes to say something first to the spirit, then you'll choose the card that best represents that message and place it to the left of the seeker's card. If you don't want to do this, I'm sure the spirit won't have a problem with the seeker writing these words on a piece of paper, or keeping those words to their own mind. The spirit will get the message either way. I've learned the hard way that they are very good at knowing what we think. lol

The one tip I have to offer with this is that practice makes it easier for me to interpret. Though, sometimes spirits can have cards say things totally different from what the card actually means. Also, don't try to chase the cards further than you must as it can be easy to overshoot what is actually being said. If you get stuck, use other cards around the one that stumps you to help you figure it out.

Any questions with this spread?

celticnoodle

an interesting spread, and i wonder if you've tried it already and willing to share your reading? i will try the spread soon myself and post my reading as well, but it would be interested in seeing one already done. thanks for sharing.

celticnoodle

spirit speak spread using RWS deck

oops! i originally posted my reading here---but realized it should go in 'your readings'. please check it out there, and give me any opinions on how you would have interepted the reading if you did it. thanks!

great spread akatala!

TarotBoy

Looks like an intresting spread Akatala, Im just a little lost... :( ok, just ot clear it up, what do this mean...

THE SPREAD
~~objects/photos/etc~~
M~SG~1,2,3,etc~Q~S

What does the M: Your Moon card goes here. It symbolizes the Spirit Realm.
What does the SG: This is where you place the card that represents the spirit you're trying to connect with.
What does the Q: This is where you place the card that represents the questioner/seeker.
What does the S: Your Sun card goes here. It symbolizes the Physical/Living World.

And what do the numbers 1,2,3, etc in between SG & Q mean...?

sunstallion

Yeah Akatala,

I am just like Tarotboy. I am confused too. Can you please explain more in different words. Like i can draw four cards from the deck, and the first is M, the second is SG, the third one is Q, the last one is S or what ?

EoMg

I read the instructions as:

1. Go through your deck, find your 18 Moon and 19 Sun cards and place them on the table as symbols to flank your reading.

2. Go through your deck and find cards that symbolize you and the spirit you wish to contact. Place these next to the Sun and Moon cards.

3. Having set up the above, shuffle your cards and begin to do your reading in between the two pairs already set out.

The four cards chosen at the beginning act as a container which holds the space in which the communication between you and the spirit takes place via the cards you draw in step 3.