Dream/Relationship Connection

Indigo Rose

I made this to answer a question regarding a dream about a real relationship. They wanted to see if/how the dream connects to the real life relationship.

Dream/Relationship Connection Spread:

-----1-----------2------
-----------5------------
-----3-----------4------

1 & 2) What’s behind the dream?

3 & 4) What’s behind the relationship?

5) What connects the two(dream and relationship)?

You can do the reading as it stands, or add some additional layers by using the following technique:

Mini-qc's and QC

Mini-qc=quintessential card or sum of a card grouping to come up with a corresponding major.

Sample
1+2=total=major(i.e. 2 Pentacles + 3 Cups=5 or the Hierophant)
3+4=total=major(i.e. 6 of Swords + Ace of Wands=7 or the Chariot)
5=major=(i.e. 10 of Pentacles=10 or the Wheel of Fortune)

The way you would read this is to take each as a segment, or mini reading. In the example: cards 1+2=The Hierophant....this signifies the energy in the blend of these two cards...the overall meaning of them together. Then for cards 3+4=The Chariot...which is the energy in the blend of these two cards. For card 5=Wheel of Fortune....this is our connecting card between the 2 halves...it shows the dominant energy which is connecting the dream and the relationship.

Finally, we come to the qc=quintessential card....this is the sum total of all the cards. We connect this a major and this gives us the overall theme of the entire reading.

To link the totals to a major use the following formula:

0 or 22= The Fool
1-21=Direct link to the corresponding major
23 and above reduce....i.e. 23=5 or the Hierophant, 24=6 or the Lovers, etc..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:heart:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Indigo Rose

There is a sample reading for this spread posted in my Pay it Forward reading exchange, if you want to see the spread in action. I didn't type up the mini-qc/qc for that reading.

:heart:

Dolphin_Dreamer

Indigo Rose said:
There is a sample reading for this spread posted in my Pay it Forward reading exchange, if you want to see the spread in action. I didn't type up the mini-qc/qc for that reading.

Cool spread indigo! Glad you posted the pay it forward link, a while ago I was trying to create a "Pay it forward Spread" and that went "unpaid" :eek:. So maybe this will spark me up again lol

Indigo Rose

Dolphin_Dreamer said:
Cool spread indigo! Glad you posted the pay it forward link, a while ago I was trying to create a "Pay it forward Spread" and that went "unpaid" :eek:. So maybe this will spark me up again lol

Thank you, Dolphin Dreamer. A "Pay it Forward Spread" sounds very interesting...here's to your spark returning to complete it. :cool:

SolSionnach

Indigo Rose said:
Mini-qc=quintessential card or sum of a card grouping to come up with a corresponding major.

Sample
1+2=total=major(i.e. 2 Pentacles + 3 Cups=5 or the Hierophant)
3+4=total=major(i.e. 6 of Swords + Ace of Wands=7 or the Chariot)
5=major=(i.e. 10 of Pentacles=10 or the Wheel of Fortune)

Hi Indigo Rose (or whoever answers this!
I'm wondering, when you do a QC, what numerical value do you give the court cards? I never got that straight, though I seem to remember a GD attrib of Princesses as 10, Kings as 2, Queens as 3, and Princes as 6 - all from QBLH, which I don't use.

Sravana

amaretta

Wonderful spread, Indigo Rose, thank you very much!!!
I've translated it into Russian and posted to Russian tarot community in LJ.
I especially like the way you're using QC and visual images (detail correspondences, how the figures on the cards are interacting etc.) in interpretation.
Thanks again!

Roewyn

sravana said:
I'm wondering, when you do a QC, what numerical value do you give the court cards? I never got that straight, though I seem to remember a GD attrib of Princesses as 10, Kings as 2, Queens as 3, and Princes as 6 - all from QBLH, which I don't use.

Sravana

Hi Sravana!

When I count the courts I typically count

Pages/Princesses: 11
Knights/Princes: 12
Queens: 13
Kings: 14

But Im sure others have a different method.. of which I too am interested..! :D

Blessings!

Indigo Rose

sravana said:

Sravana

Hi Sravana. Sorry I missed this post.
I actually assign the courts a Zero. Others do it differently, as Roewyn showed in her example. Truly I think it works either way; it's just personal choice. For me though, the zero actually makes for some interesting readings...as zero has story to tell too. ;)

:heart: indigo rose

Indigo Rose

amaretta said:
Wonderful spread, Indigo Rose, thank you very much!!!
I've translated it into Russian and posted to Russian tarot community in LJ.
I especially like the way you're using QC and visual images (detail correspondences, how the figures on the cards are interacting etc.) in interpretation.
Thanks again!

Thank you, Amaretta. :) I'm really glad you like it and are sharing it with others.

:love: indigo rose

SolSionnach

Indigo Rose said:
Hi Sravana. Sorry I missed this post.
I actually assign the courts a Zero. Others do it differently, as Roewyn showed in her example. Truly I think it works either way; it's just personal choice. For me though, the zero actually makes for some interesting readings...as zero has story to tell too. ;)

:heart: indigo rose

Thanks Indigo Rose and Roewyn... Now we have three different versions to play with! :)

Nothing like variety, eh?

Sravana, who's going to find what works for her!