New book by Rachel Pollack

Kyrielle

I saw a new book by Rachel Pollack. I can't remember the exact title (and am too lazy right now to look it up) -- something about a forest or woods. It's a fairly thick book. From a quick look-through, it seems to be kind of like 78DW in that it has history and symbolism rather than reading methods. It also seems to go into the Shining Tribe Tarot a lot.

Has anyone found this book, and is it worth getting?

-- Kyrielle

the hermit

Kyrielle said:
I saw a new book by Rachel Pollack. I can't remember the exact title (and am too lazy right now to look it up) -- something about a forest or woods. It's a fairly thick book. From a quick look-through, it seems to be kind of like 78DW in that it has history and symbolism rather than reading methods. It also seems to go into the Shining Tribe Tarot a lot.

Has anyone found this book, and is it worth getting?

-- Kyrielle
Is this what you're referring to?

The Forest of Souls: A Walk Through the Tarot
by Rachel Pollack
Llewellyn Publications; ISBN: 1567185339; (September 2002)

haven't seen it yet, nor have I seen any reviews but your comments sound interesting

truthsayer

yes, i found it by accident at amazon but i haven't got it. i have so many tarot books i haven't read that i'm probably will wait a while before getting it. that is unless it's about to go out of print... ;)

starfish66

Here's the blurb at the Llewellyn site: The Forest of Souls

Hmmm... will have to check this out at my local bookstore.

:TSUN Starfish

Lee

truthsayer said:
that is unless it's about to go out of print... ;)
No, this one is just published, won't be out of print for a while. :)

-- Lee

Melvis

I just got this one...maybe I won't tell you that I got it at a used bookstore already for half-price. Mwahaha! ;)

I haven't read it yet, but the Shining Tribe deck is indeed all over it. Which is fine, because even though I don't like the artwork on that deck, I really like the thought Ms. Pollack put into it.

I'll try to bump it up on my reading list and let you know how it is.

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

truthsayer

you know i hate it when i read a book review and it sounds like a great book! of course, i felt the same way about a few other books i haven't read yet so i should be able to wait...

cjtarot

a must check out..

Hi all,

Gonna check it out next time I'm in a book store..

Hey..where are all these great used book stores...

Cj

Angel Star

HI all I just got this book today and it looks pretty interesting just couldn't pass it up. I still haven't finished 78 degrees of Wisdom and someone mentioned not wanting to buy anymore tarot books till they finish the ones they have no kidding that is my problem I have started so many but I know I will finish them and I end up using alot of them for references anyways. This book is definitely worth reading.

Jewel

Oh My! another book *LOL* ... yesterday I impulsively had to buy 2 of Christine Jette's books that had been on my wish list for a while. Like several of you I am just awful about buying tons of books to where I can never catch up with my reading *LOL* ... I love it! ... my greatest fear in this new Rachel Pollack book is that it will make me want that ugly deck *ROFLMO*, I love her writting and 78 DW is probably my all time favorite tarot book.

Angel Star like you I start reading them all, and end up using them mainly as references ... but also like you I am committed to one day reading them.

Truthsayer I will try and be strong with you. If you break down let me know ;)