relationship double cross

jenessa

I developed this spread to try and get a handle on what a querent needed to know in order to determine - "what to do about their relationship".

It should however be noted, that this was not designed to be a decision making spread, nor was it designed as a problem solving spread, but rather the "positional meanings" are intended to provide insight into the relationship, thereby enabling the client to reach a decision based on: "what they need to know about the relationship".

Also for your info., what prompted me to develop this spread was that i've begun to read using *elemental dignities* and so prefer to work with the cards in groups of three. & With this in mind, please note that i tend to favour a basic 5 card cross which allows me to view the cards in Groups of 3, given that this type of layout provides me with two groups of three, as there is both a horizontal & vertical row consisting of 3 cards each to consider.

So given my preference/reading method, i decided to simply "double-up" on a basic 5 card cross, hence the name for this spread. & Speaking of which, sorry to disappoint LOL .. in the sense that "relationship double cross" sure sounds intriguing .. whereas this spread is in all actuality merely a "double" cross. However, IF you lay-out the 2nd. cross slowly .. one card @ a time .. perhaps you'll grasp the symmetry as the last cross unfolds!!

Layout as follows:
***5****6***
2**1**3*Q*8*
***4****7***

NOTE: I'm not that computer literate, but the spread should appear as two - 5 card crosses. The 1st. cross/(cards 1-5) shows both a horizontal & a vertical row. The 2nd. cross is comprised of cards 3 + cards 6,7,8 & Q. So the 2nd. cross "incorporates card 3" which appeared as part of the 1st. cross. However, by incorporating card 3 from the 1st. cross to form the 2nd. cross, we have created two diagonal rows of three as follows: cards 3/5/7 & cards 3/4/6. So all told there are 6 sets of three cards to read in this spread. Or in otherwords, there are the vertical & horizontal rows for "each cross" + 2 additional diagnanol rows.

Positional Meanings as follows:
1. SF/significant factor with regard to the matter/situation or relationship in question; or the enterprise whose progress and outcome it is desired to determine.
-- Card 1 reveals something which is of "real significance" with regard to this relationship; OR with respect to the seekers question.

2. Important influence ... something which IS influencing the relationship or which could effect the relationship or some factor which needs to be taken into consideration.
-- Card 2 identifies an important issue; event; influence; or attitude around the situation/relationship OR with respect to the question.

3. The obstacles in this relationship or what is likely to impede the progress of this relationship; OR what will be of benefit.
-- Card 3 reveals what can: help or hinder the relationship in question; or it can be read to suggest the steps you can take to improve the relationship .. or it may reveal what you need to avoid.

4. That which is fixed, solid, tangible and concrete in the situation.
-- Card 4 represents something which is fixed .. or in otherwords, something which is unlikely to change.

5. That which is fluid; changeable; or illusive.
-- Card 5 shows us something which IS changeable with respect to the relationship; OR it may represent a "hidden" component ... something just under the surface.
-- So this card can identify something which your not seeing .. or which you don't fully understand about the relationship or with respect to your partner.

6. The Catalyst/(pivotal pt. >>what the situation depends or hinges on)
-- Card 6 identifies the turning pt. of the situation/relationship in question; or its climax or culminating point.

7. This card represents the action or movement possible in the situation/relationship.

8. Crucial Insight or Advice
-- Card 8 may suggest: what you need to do/(action to take)/the way in which you should proceed/possibly what you need to change or embrace depending on the desired outcome; or it may reveal: what you need to focus on within the context of your question .. ie. what you need to know about the interaction between yourself & this other person so as to arrive @ the correct course of action.

Q. Quintessential/control card:
-- Card 9 may show us the ESSENCE of the relationship in question; or it can be used as a summary of sorts re: the cards drawn in the reading; or as final advice; or used to: CLARIFY the question.

NOTE: It is recommended that you lay-out all the cards in the spread, before using any clarifying cards. You should also carefully consider each card set/(group of 3 cards), in order to "see any possible links" between positional meanings .. &/or as a means of clarifying the answer to your question.

WalesWoman

jenessa,
This is an intriguing spread. I like it!