Waking the Wheels, and setting them to spin

Umbrae

Usually (meaning every experience I have had), when someone works with you to ‘open your Chakras’ they start at the base of the spine and move up; “Releasing the Kundalani through the crown Chakra!”

It never worked for me. I could never figure out why.

Let’s picture this. You have opened the first two Hindu Chakras. Energy flows upwards to a blocked Chakra. Ooops…it will not open with the pressure against it.

Picture this; you begin at the crown, and slowly work down. Now excess flow has somewhere to go.

Another difference is using the feet.

Hindu Chakra points ignore the legs…and you wonder why your feet hurt? Your feet contact the ground. It is one of your most important points. It is your point of contact - grounding.

I urge you, to go back to ‘Wheels of the Body – Part One’.

You need to memorize the colors. Picture each Wheel, as having the corresponding Rune in blazing fiery red. These need to be firmly fixed in your mind before we move on.

This exercise is done standing, preferably outside in bare feet (not critical but it feels great!). A couple of notes as you head to the door and kick off your muddy boots. Some will recommend lying down or sitting when you first begin practicing. However, it does work best when standing.

You will be speaking, or vibrating the Rune sounds (also Galdr sound or Galdor sound) for use as a trigger.

Close your eyes, practice your meditative breathing and feel your body slow.

Picture each of the Rune Wheels, their colors with the fiery red rune in the middle. The Rune sound for Sowilo is ‘sssssssssss’ (pronounced like ssssssnake, or for you Europeans, sssssssssoprano). Speak the sound and picture an eighth Rune Wheel, Sowilo. Move it up and down your body – it is pure white with the red Rune in the center. It moves up and down and slowly starts the seven Rune Wheels spinning in turn.

Throw it to the top of your head, the Crown Wheel. Elhaz begins spinning with its Rainbow White light, faster and faster as you speak the Rune sound (The Rune sound for Elhaz is a softened Z sound as the G in Rouge).

When you feel it and know it strongly (the top of your head will be tingling, picture a shaft of the rainbow light move down (as you exhale) to the Brow Wheel.

As Mannaz spins its deep violet wheel with the Rune in the center, speak the rune sound (mmmmmmmmmmm). You need to be able to see and feel both Wheels spinning at once.

On an exhale, shoot a shaft of deep purple down to the Throat Wheel Ansuz (whose rune sound is aaaa as in Call, or the Khaaaaa of a crow). See and feel the deep blue Wheel spin.

Do not lose Elhaz or Mannaz.

On an exhale shoot a beam of dark blue down to Wunjo of the heart. See and feel it spin, the gold alighting your chest as you speak or sing the rune sound (Wunjo is uuuuuuuuuuu with the lips barely open). Keep them all spinning. Lose no light.

Shoot a shaft of pure gold down to the red-orange Wheel of Jera (its sound is yyyyyyy as in year or jjjjjjjjjj as in Jule).

Keep them all spinning. Keep the simultaneous image of the fiery Rune in the center and the spinning wheels.

Shoot a red-orange bar of light down to the base of your spine and activate the Wheel of Laguz (which should be deep deep greenish blue with a red-gold center, yes I made a mistake in the prior post), (Galdr sound of LLLLLLLLLL).

With every thing spinning – on an exhale – activate Berkano. See the red rune in the green brown black spinning wheel (Galdr sound of bbbbbbbbbb softly through barely open lips.

Now that you have conscious awareness of all seven of The Wheels of the Body, watch as the light that they give off, expand and meld- surrounding your entire body. It will be darker and blend to lighter as you move towards your head. You should not have a single color aura. It should be divided roughly in thirds, shining gold at the top.

This is a shield of might.

When you get good at this, once you are in sync with yourself, add the power of Sowilo and Eihwaz to the root, moving upwards beyond the crown, moving back towards the root (always end at the root).

I am looking forward to feedback from those of you willing to put in the time and effort into this exercise.

8)

jade

wow, that sounds like it would be very powerful but difficult to master.

did you find it hard to hold all those visions at once?

jade

Umbrae

Jade: I had no trouble holding all of them at once, but I am wired that way. I can tell you that when one “drops off”, it indicates a blockage – over-activate that site with Sun and Elk.

Diana: Then again, it is a wonderful way to begin the journey.

Laurel

Wow. I'm tempted to break in my new rune stones with this. Working from top to bottom makes -so- much sense.

Chakras, like runes, have been a 'weak' part of esoteric understanding. I've understood the basics, but never really given it the center of my attention and I know I have a lot of energy blockage.

DarkElectric

Ok, I can see that for me, it's going to take a lot of practise, It's a lot harder than it looks, but I feel that the results will be most beneficial. I memorized the colours, with the corresponding runes in firey red. I worked my way down from the top, using Sowilo, pure white, to activate Elhaz, and Mannaz. This was as far as I got before I fell over. I refuse to give up. Practise makes perfect. DE

ladycj

Where are you taking this from? I would like to know more about it. Thanks

Umbrae

There are two principal writers on Norse/Teutonic spiritual practices; Edred Thorsson, Kveldulf Gundarsson.

I have yet to find others who are historically accurate, and do not attempt to force personal bias, belief, and ego patterns into their books.

ladycj

Thanks so much. I'll look for those two authors.

DarkElectric

I recently had a Reiki session, and, as the lady was beginning at the crown and working down, and since this energy movement corresponded to this excercise, I decided to combine the two, and see what happened.

I knew I had major energy blocks, and these were giving me trouble. So, as I got the Reiki, and the energy moved down, I activated the corresponding runic energy as well. I got the big white Sowilo wheel started, and off it went.

The crown, and third eye were no problem. Things got a bit sticky at the throat...so I energised the rune Ansuz, and was able to keep the colours and motion of the others going on as well. I felt my throat tighten, a lot, then it just opened up in a rush. The next one was Wunjo, heart chakra, and that was where all the trouble started. It was a real stubborn block there. But I sent the blue ray down, activated the gold, and felt it, I couldn't actually sing the galdr for it, but I heard it in my head, and slowly got the wheel turning. This one opened up too, and I felt a "pop" in the back of my neck, corresponding to the throat chakra.

Everything loosened up, and I was able to feel the energy move down. I continued the excercise, and the last ones opened up and flowed, no problem. The lady took a lot of time with me, and I was able to do the whole excercise, using white wheel comprised of Sowilo to start everything moving, and all of the other runes. And I was able to hold on to all of the colours, and feel their energies working with the Reiki.

After this was finished, I noticed soreness in my throat chakra (inside my throat, when I swallowed, not the back of my neck where I felt the pop) and a considerable amount of soreness at the base of my sternum, corresponding to the heart chakra blockage. I'll be honest, I felt sort of beat, and it was apparent that work had been done, stuff sort of hurt a little after, because it had been frozen up so long. But, that was to be expected, because something real had happenned. Any residual pain was a temporary effect, and all discomfort was gone the next day.

I can now move energy more efficiently than ever, and the flow is back. I don't feel like a garden hose with a knot in it anymore.