Speaking with Spirits using Tarot

Amaya

Well I don't know if I posted this in the right place but if it's in the wrong place i'm sorry. Now I have a question I belive there is a spirit in my basement of a dog who died down there and I wanted to communicate with them in a safe way with Tarot cards. Does anybody have any methods or know any ways?

celticnoodle

Amaya, there are numerous spreads in the tarot spreads section of this website, but one that i remembered using before may help you--is called the "spirit visiting spread", created by Persephone37. question number 5 may or may not apply to you-unless you think the dog spirit is tied to you directly or someone in your house. If you don't think this spread will apply, check out the others there--many for dealing w/pets and spirits. good luck!
1. your present situation
2. your fears
3. your hopes
4. what was the spirit trying to tell you?
5. how was your relationship to this spirit in the past?
6. what does its appearance mean to you?
7. How will your life change after this visitation?

Apollonia

I don't ever use a particular spread, I just ask questions as if I were in a conversation. But I want to throw in my usual two cents about being sure to ground and protect yourself, and to make a stated intention that you wish to contact only certain spirits.

Whenever you go trolling for spirits, you're putting out an invitation that any entity, positive or negative, can RSVP to if you don't put some parameters around it. At the very least, I usually specify that I wish to speak only to spirits of those who were once actually incarnated in physical form on this planet, and who have only good will towards me.

celticnoodle

very good advice, Apollonia. Yes, be sure to ground yourself, Amaya, (as I've found out to do!), and also be sure to make it clear which spirit you want to contact. I always say a short prayer before doing tarot readings asking for my spirit guardians to watch over me as well as Archangel Michael. (the Catholic upbringing in me) and not to allow any low energies or evil spirits touch me, the cards, my home or property.

Tarotphelia

Don't do a reading in which you directly ask the spirit questions , and if I were you I wouldn't do the reading in the house . Construct your spread such a way that you are asking your own spiritual guide or higher self about the spirit . Creating a dialog with the spirit itself may empower it to do more than just hang around , and the answers you get might not be truthful anyway . Just because you think it's a dog (or it wants you to think it's a dog ) doesn't mean it really is a dog either .

Zedekiah

In the UK with the Fraudulent Mediumship act you must put the cards away and inform the sitter that you have made a link to somebody in the woprld of spirit.

I have this happen quite a lot but stay disciplined until the card reading is finished before delivering a message from spirit.

Never miox the 2 as I feel this will confuse the sitter to what actualy they are getting in the terms of a readings.

Anbody any thoughts ?