dreaming of ex boyfriends

star-lover

i read this on dream dictionaries as unfinished business....well with this i didnt have any unfinished business really - we split up - i didnt handle it well - tried to keep contacting him and no hope.....last night i dreamt of him and me together and his flat and street and it was a lovely feeling

i asked my pendulum whether i should email him and it said no, so just wondering why would i dream about him?

the context was a big party - i was with him after a few years and he was older and maturer but i still felt the same - and then left and went with someone else and when i went back he was gone for good - 400 miles away - i couldnt go there
hav e you had this sort of dream?

even his phone number appeared in the dream and im wondering whether to call or not

anonymous_artist

Ive had similar dreams to this. I think your mind is trying to tell you that while the time you shared with your ex was awesome it is now time to make a clean break and put him out of your mind and move on. What is done is done and all in the past and the time to grow and move away from him has come.

Alectra

Just a thought

star-lover said:
i read this on dream dictionaries as unfinished business....well with this i didnt have any unfinished business really - we split up - i didnt handle it well - tried to keep contacting him and no hope.....last night i dreamt of him and me together and his flat and street and it was a lovely feeling

i asked my pendulum whether i should email him and it said no, so just wondering why would i dream about him?

the context was a big party - i was with him after a few years and he was older and maturer but i still felt the same - and then left and went with someone else and when i went back he was gone for good - 400 miles away - i couldnt go there
hav e you had this sort of dream?

even his phone number appeared in the dream and im wondering whether to call or not

Well just an opinion because I have been through a similar experience. I personally can not stand my x and in no sort of way want him back and he is married now. But I have had those sorts of dreams where they are who you want them to be and sometimes it is a good feeling. It’s like the feeling from when you had your happy times together and it comes back into you dreams. If your ex was 400 miles away it’s because it was trying to tell you, that you aren't going to be back together. Even though it can be tempting to call I would not. It just makes it so much worse and what are you really going to accomplish? You are just thinking about it alot therefore you are having dreams about it. It is completely normal. I see dreaming as one of the highest forms of mediation and I think regardless if you call or not the universe well send your energy out to him. I do not know the circumstances in which you two spilt but there is always a reason for everything. It could also be a parallel universe in which you have had the opportunity to view but my thought from the sounds of it, it was just a dream and your minds way of releasing your emotional attachment to this person. We all go through it. My advice which is easier said then done, don’t call and find something to keep yourself interested. Maybe Talk it out with a good friend or have someone do a reading so they can clarify what is really going on because you usually can not get a good answer from the cards about yourself.

~Alectra~

Whitestar

Well...

I have an ex, we broke off our engagement 13 years (!) ago, I have not seen him or had any contact with him since, and I still dream of him once in awhile.

I think that perhaps when someone has been in your life in an important way, you may dream about them sometimes and it doesn't have to mean anything or require action.

Though it can be disconcerting :)!!!

Whitestar

Milfoil

Yes, its almost like a test. This is one of those issues in your life that you still have to resolve and you are coming to a point where you can so the dream is pushing your buttons to see how you react.

Basically if you are still clinging to the past, you will not move forward so by bringing up this bit of unfinished business you are being given the opportunity to re-examin it, see the clear, longterm picture (it was once great, its now over, see it as a photo, a good memory to keep but not a situation that can be re-lived) then you can move forward and other things will start to flower in your life. These small changes in the way we perceive ourselves and the world may have, what appears to be, an almost imperceptible effect on our lives yet what looks like a tiny decision (not to phone someone) can make a massive difference to how we develop and the choice of path we take.

I think you are being asked to make a choice about living in the past or embracing the now.

huredriel

Time to let regrets go, focus on the present ....... with an eye/goals for what you want in your future.

Would not advocate getting back in touch.

Hugs
xx

Al Si'ra

((((Star-Lover))))..because it is really a hard thing to deal with!!

I almost "never" dream of ex boyfriends or even current relationships..so when they pop up in a dream it means something..once i remember similar to your dream, he was sending me a text message sayin that he would be in touch in 3 weeks..now you may think that it was a prophetic dream..but when i woke up deep down i simply knew that it was not..although i wish it was..3 weeks had passed and nothing happened..it was a message to me to deal with the possibility of him not coming back at all..it was my deepest desire/fear coming to surface..and i just had to deal with it..
what i am trying to say is i bet deep down you know what this dream means to you..maybe you really still want to be in touch with this person and your mind is giving you an excuse? or it may really be a sign of getting in touch too..it's the feeling you get from your dream..
But i did see my ex's in certain situations in my dreams-which were pretty accurate..
either way i would probably advise you to wait a bit..if this is truly a connection between the person and you-you are already bonded and you will find your way back to eachother somehow..and you will see more signs down the road

:love:
xx

star-lover

thanks all xxx

last time ihad contact with him was 2002 - its not as if i had been thinking about him recently at all - hence wondering why suddenly i dreamt about him - but perhaps my subconscious still was and had a few things i never had closure on maybe

think the dream told me in hindsight that he was ok and that perhaps he was thinking of me -he recently had 40th birthday and i knew from ebay that he was doing well financially - he took over my line of selling antiques - he used to sell cds only making 50p per sale - i used to sell antiques so i hope he took that from me and i helped him do well - always wished him good

perhaps i was going back to thinking about him because recently i broke up with said internet bloke i was involved with and trying find something to hold onto?/refer back to? something that wasnt so bad? who knows

i only went an emailed him pmsl just saying how are you if you want to catch up just mail etc ....no reply....no worries
we would only be chatty friends if he did
just thought his number being said to me in my dream meant something cos i could never remember it and it was in my dream

suppose you have to leave the past in the past for good and just look to the future even if it seems vague/empty - it always gets better i guess so looking forward to what life throws at me soon as i am ready i guess

thanks again x