12th house thoughts

isthmus nekoi

I've seen this house refered to as a "Trouble" house, "Garbage" house, even "Unconscious" house! It seems to me that the meaning of this house is less easily defined as the others so I'm wondering if "Marginalized" house works, as in marginalized values - ideas and constructs that society shuns from mainstream belief systems and would rather not look at: illness, death, weakness, subversion, perhaps even intuition... basically anything threatening the status quo/ruling ideologies (hence all the secrecy and treachery associated w/this house). Plus, the 12th house itself seems to be pretty marginalized ^_~

In any case, I'm having some difficultly connecting 12th house w/Pisces and Neptune. The connection is not as obvious as say, Capricorn, Saturn and the 10th!

lunalafey

eye no knothing

Hmm. Death, I associate that with the 8th house (sting of a scorp).
Houses are new to me, got my toe in the water these days. So this will be an interesting thread.
My thoughts on your question.
I see Aries as the baby and Picses as the 'lived' one. (full circle) So the first house is the origin, ie; ego and the 12th house as the finished product, big picture.
We do not get to this place without some trials and dissapointments along the way. From that we become knowing (intution) and move to the next phase a bit more enlightened. Most of the picses I know are pretty easy going and take the bad with an 'it's just the way life is' attitude.

Minderwiz

Traditional astrologers treated the 12th House (along with the 6th) as one of the pits of the horoscope - mainly because it makes no major aspect to the Ascendant and is a cadent House - one which has passed a major angle and moving away from power.

Manilius associated it with ill omen and misery, others with bad luck, Fermicus associated it with enemies, and there are plenty of referencese to prison, slaves, etc. Liily also linked it to self undoing, sorrow and imprisonment.

The more mystical assignments are twentieth century develoments coming from the association firstly with Pisces and then through Pisces with Neptune (though Neptune is often referred to as the great deceiver). Don't forget that Neptune was only discovered in the mid-nineteenth century and the link with Pisces came after than (Pisces is traditionally ruled by Jupiter).

As I have Saturn, Mars, and Pluto in the twelfth I'm not to keen on the traditional interpretations. However when you try and overlay these with the mystery and dreaminess of Neptune, the Neptunian merging with something greater, then you end up with a house that is very difficult to pin down (very Neptunian).

Minderwiz

purplelady

isthmus nekoi said:
I'm wondering if "Marginalized" house works, as in marginalized values - ideas and constructs that society shuns from mainstream belief systems and would rather not look at: illness, death, weakness, subversion, perhaps even intuition... basically anything threatening the status quo/ruling ideologies (hence all the secrecy and treachery associated w/this house). Plus, the 12th house itself seems to be pretty marginalized ^_~

In any case, I'm having some difficultly connecting 12th house w/Pisces and Neptune. The connection is not as obvious as say, Capricorn, Saturn and the 10th!

I have my sun (capricorn) in the 12 th house and I think I question , or just downright disagree with some socially imposed values all the time. One of my boyfriend's frequent comments is that I'm "way far over in the left field" !

AquarianGoddess

Isthmus,

Always enlightening thoughts from you!!!

May I recommend reading "The 12th House" by Tracy Marks...it's the best 12th house book around and covers all facets of the house.

It's very strongly identified with intuition, giving of the self, being on the planet for a higher purpose, one's psychological health and yes, the other things you read about...drugs/alcohol addictions, secret enemies, low self-esteem, self-imprisionment, etc.

However, the more evolved one is, the more one can relate to the most positive facets of the 12th.
I've found that many, many folks in the medical/healing professions have 12th house planets, or strong Pisces/Virgo in the chart. To me, the 12th house is very "Neptunian".

Blessings & Light,
AG

isthmus nekoi

Thanks for all the replies! I'm trying to complete a really drawn out move-in, but once I've settled w/an internet connection, I promise to post something more substantial ^_^

Tor

The twelfth house is probably the hardest house to deal with, since it's hidden behind the ascendant. It's psychology and motives is really hard to find, beeing a "water-house" - very unpersonal and maybe the place we meet God and the forces behind our lifes.

We have discovered the psychology in the other "water-houses" - especially the fourth house - but also the eight house. Here is death an issue, but in the twelfth house our fears and opponents are more of a divine character.....and it's forcing us to develop our very souls.

The twelfth house brings disorder to what the sixth house have made order in, and in the twelfth we have to put aside our ego - which we have used so much power to strengthen in many of the other houses.

It's here the circle ends, where we go back to the beginning. And we must face our higher self, which is a part of the divine source that life's coming from. It's like a judgement, where we lay our lives in front of the jury.....which is God or our higher self.

For example, in christianity Jesus says something like "if you're not true to me, that will be forgiven - but if you're not true to the holy ghost, that will not be forgiven."

What I mean is that we have to be true to our higher self, which is the pure spirit we originally were given. In the twelfth house we meet this pure and divine source, and if we're not true to it, we will suffer from the pain of transformation.

This is why so many feel lonely, or is isolated or in other ways are taken away their freedom.

But the twelfth house can on the other side also be a great and a happy place to be, if we just listen inside and understand that we are a part of a divine plan with higher love, hidden answers we can reveal and a path to heaven if we lay our ego aside and seek the truth and light inside from our higher self.

I have Saturn retorgrade in twelfth house and Pisces, and when it returned when I was about 30 yrs, I was sick with a mental illness. I stayed out of the hospitals, but changed totally from who I was. I discovered a higher meaning of life, but also I went through some tough times that transformed me into a person I liked much more than the person I used to be.

I'm glad I have an active twelfth house in my horoscope, because it gives me an opportunity to meet God and develop myself and my soul to a higher level.

Well, this was some thoughts I had. It's based a lot on my own experience with the twelfth house, but I hope others can find something eatable here too. :)

purplelady

AquarianGoddess said:

However, the more evolved one is, the more one can relate to the most positive facets of the 12th.
I've found that many, many folks in the medical/healing professions have 12th house planets, or strong Pisces/Virgo in the chart.

Blessings & Light,
AG

Well , I'm going through CNA training right now, so I am in the medical field. I have sun in capricorn in the 12 th, the moon , uranus, and pluto in virgo, and jupiter in pisces.

Minderwiz

Good recommendation AG - indeed Tracy Marks has produced some good books, The Astrology of Self Discovery is also well worth a read.

Totally agree with you about the Neptunian nature of the twelfth and am hastily trying to relate positively to it :)

Minderwiz