Tarot Shadow Work--Whats on your altar?

SherryZoned

If nobody minds sharing of course...Going to be kept in a wooden cigar box(something easily put away and brought back out)...with a solid purple ball that has white veins..reminds me of something that has been healed..everything is going on a black clothe..i am also putting a white owl with a candle in it...A pin I picked up at a garage sale..a cameo really..of the heads of 2 women facing the same direction..I see it as myself and my shadow self...also an amythest and smoky quartz...anyone else? the book explains about the altars for those who have no idea what i am talking about..

Edited to add..I will be using my Gendron deck exclusively for Shadow work..kept in a dark purple crown royal bag..

jema

i loved the idea of a portable altar so i took an old box i painted and decoupaged with images of tarot-cards and other things.
i have a big silk cloth in green and blue and yellow, a snowglobe that is a pirate with a lighthouse (gotta find a pic for him later on) he is about finding the way home. a really old fashioned witch with tombstone and R.I.P and broom and all, incense sticks and my buddha incense holder, a dagger, a moon-oil i made myself, a pouch with stones (sunstone, moonstone and a fossil)

for deck i picked the transformational by Arnell Ando.

now it all fits in the box if only i find a smaller note book to write in.

SherryZoned

Oh my gosh..I forgot about a notebook!! thank you Jema..Wow I love hearing about your altar..how it does differ from person to person..more people!!

mooncat2

Don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing yet - hopefully the book will arrive tomorrow .

I laid out all my decks and used my pendulum to see which one to use for this work. Resounding positive response to the Witches Tarot - strangely enough I've had it for a while and never used it - obviously it was meant to be saved until now.

And I've bought a notebook!

Laurel

So far, my altar has a black stone pyramid I found at the Dollar Store and a couple of candle holders that I think I'm going to put a pair of green bean-filled snakes I have on. I found a different size and shaped cande (a triangle that's sort of tiger-striped) that I'm going to use.

I have a nagini serpent goddess replica that I'm bidding on, on Ebay. If I win, it will be added to the altar. I need to decide on some incense and get an altar covering- I'm thinking dark red.
My altar itself is on top of an old speaker-shelf I scavanged the other day.

I'd also like to put up some art behind the altar. I'm waiting for my reproduction of John Collier's "Lilith" to arrive (another Ebay win) but was planning on putting that up above my bed.

mooncat2

on my altar I have...

A purple- black candle..... a black cat.......a black feather......obsidian....... a 100 yr old glass jewellery chest that was my grandmothers.... a small brooch, blue & white enamelled shaped like wings also from my grandmother inside the chest.

That is all for a start - a dark blue cloth for them to sit on. I shall add flowers and incense when I work.

I have a room where I could set it up and leave it but I liked the portable idea so a plain wooden box and a silk scarf to wrap it all in if there are people about.

Love

Jewel

My statue of the Millenia Gaia, incence my tiger eye and amethyst. Keeping an altar is not very practical for me as I am between homes at the moment. Once I move, I think for the most part it will reside on the canopy of my computer and I will move the items down to the surface when in use. Not original but very practical. As for the deck, I plan to use The Healing Tarot. I am currently using it with the book Tarot for Self-Discovery and I think it will be perfect.

Yogi Cat

Shadow Work--Whats on your altar?

Gee you all seem to be well underway with your altar. After reading what you have I have got mine ready:

I have found a wooden box for a portable altar
I have everything wrapped in a dark wine silk cloth
I used mooncat2 idea of the pendulum to see which deck to use
Sacred Circle deck was chosen
I have a black cat,
a brown and gold owl,
butterfly broach in reds and blues,
3 crystals, a black candle holder with stars and crescent moons on,
a red candle but will buy a darker coloured one,
a picture with a wolf on,
incense sticks and holder brown with gold stars & crescent moons
I have frankinsence oil and a burner
a notebook

Anything else needed I will have to wait to read in the book.

I am glad you waited till the 20th to start as it took a bit longer to get my book than I thought it would.
My book hasn't arrived with the courier today - hopefully tomorrow - should definitely be here for Monday

MystiqueMoonlight

My altar is positioned in the centre of my apartment. It is a Chinese style wooden bureau of 6 drawers which house all my coloured candles, incense, essential oils, seasonal altar cloths, tarot decks etc...

The top drawer is prioritised for my Grimoire, my main Tarot Deck in a wooden box with silver inlay and runes.

Upon the altar is a statue of Quan Yin (my Godess), Shiva (my God) and Ganesha (my guide). A pewter dragon holds my obsidian ball, an incense burner, brass bell, small glass bottle containing altar oil, Tibetan wishing bowl and 3 small offering bowls.

Above my altar is a carved wooden pentacle and a picture of a dragon entwined in a pentagram with the words "And mind the three fold law ye should, 3 times bad and 3 times good.

Yogi Cat

MistiqueMoonlight

Your altar sounds lovely - I'd love to be able to see it.