Teeth falling out

Dolphin_Dreamer

Ooooh just remembered where I heard the pregnancy and teeth falling out link :eek: While it is a health issue lol, many women when they are pregnant will 'lose' calcium thus thier teeth, hair gets in bad shape or falls out etc... This is in waking life and if you dream of it isn't necessarily pointing out pregnancy (altho if this has been your personal experience or you've seen it often around you, then it might be), buuut maybe pointing to lack of calcium (I've also had such dreams of this and found that my gums were in bad shape tho and took vita b complex), but as many will recommend for vita deficiency concerns a good prenatal vita is helpful. I know a few who take them (and they aren't pregnant) but check with either your doc or ask a pharmacist (not about the dream but about which vitas to take).

Mostly tho I would recommend that you think; are you feeling out of control, self conscious of your teeth (maybe it's just they aren't white as you'd like them to be -- there are natural ways to do that too!), is there something you've said/done? or should?

Mostly with dreams the best thing I have found is not to fall prey to the common belief systems (books etc) because too often the symbology of dreams can be specific to the person, this goes for most books including tarot.. they are hints not laws of nature. That being said I have also found where personal symbology will follow what society dictates (a sort of brainwashing hehe). So check your life and see what it means to you or who you are dealing with.

Good Luck

Dolphin_Dreamer

Fudugazi said:
I've had this dream. I mulled it over for a while, and talked about it with my shamanic teacher.

Teeth are part of the hard structure of you body, like bones. They allow you to chew things so you can deal with what is hard and large, and make it smaller and more manageable. Symbolically, loosing teeth is about loosing some of that structure, and loosing the ability to make large things smaller - food, of course, but also problems, plans, etc.

You might want to look at your life and see where you think you've lost some structure, especially the kind of structure that allowed you to deal with large problems or plans and make them smaller, chew them down until you can swallow them.

Great words Fudugazi! I'll remember that, you put it in a much better way than I could lol

Maye Faire

Dolphin_Dreamer said:
Mostly with dreams the best thing I have found is not to fall prey to the common belief systems (books etc) because too often the symbology of dreams can be specific to the person, this goes for most books including tarot.. they are hints not laws of nature. That being said I have also found where personal symbology will follow what society dictates (a sort of brainwashing hehe). So check your life and see what it means to you or who you are dealing with.

I agree with Dolphin_Dreamer and Fudugazi...I believe that dreams are largely symbolic (as opposed to literal), and that the symbology is usually personal. That being said, some dreams - like the teeth falling out ones - are often shared by a lot of people, including myself at times. In my opinion this is where the collective unconscious and it's archetypes come into play.
Actually, I never dreamed my teeth were falling out, but rather that I was looking into a mirror and noticed that my teeth were loose, and I began to pull them out myself. Sort of puts a different spin on things. :)

BLFO

Thanks guys. Oddly enough I have been feeling a total lack of energy and for almost a week I would get this discomfort in my upper intestines (? area above stomach and beneath ribcage). The discomfort would only go away if I eat food but about minutes of finishing I would get a cramp feeling in that area.

I did get paranoid about it thinking that I could have worm from eating sushi 2 weeks ago? But after taking some Tums with calcium that feeling has subsided about 2 days ago.

Odd!