Dreams from Your Self

Elnor

Sophie-David said:
Your cavern is by no means empty of course, but contains things of great beauty such as stalactites and stalagmites, as well as the hint of pearls from above. These are strongly visual images, and it strikes me that your cavern is at the level of sight and insight - at the Third Eye. The pearls from the ceiling above may evoke the descending energy of the Crown Chakra. I would suggest that what you experience in the upper chakras is seeking expression through the Throat - an artistic but not necessarily vocal expresssion. The cavern will be stimulated by release of its beauty to fill with even more beautiful imagery.

Thank-you! That is very reassuring... especially since I am trying to work on a series of paintings for an exhibition planned in August- and I'm worried that they might not 'say' what i want them to; so that is a very interesting and relevant interpretation.

Especially since my boyfriend thought this was the funniest dream he'd ever heard, and asked if I needed a torch. :rolleyes:

Elnor

Sophie-David

Commentary on The Cock Crows

The earlier part of this dream seems to recall recent developments of growth in the lunar domain. In contrast the later part of the dream is about the morning, and the cock or rooster is known as the bird that greets the dawn with its crowing. The setting is a mobile home, suggesting a psyche in dynamic movement or transition. The young man is a vigorous symbol of immature masculine energy, and the rooster appears to be his totem. Both are only recently birthed, yet have matured rapidly. I believe they are both aspects of the same masculine and solar energy that recent dreams have been focusing on.

The dream ego would of course naturally suppress anything suggesting Change, but Sophie my guide overrides this Saturnine inclination, and recommends that the bird be allowed to live both inside and outside, therefore acting as an intermediary or agent between the inner and outer worlds. This is in fact the typical role of the anima and in particular the masculine Beloved.

The golden red is also suggestive to me of Mars, the active masculine archetype, and his crowing and virility are a showy but necessary function of growth and creativity, not necessarily an egoic expression but certainly a celebratory, primal and instinctual one.

Last night before bed was an intensely creative period for me, starting with 30 minutes of vocal practice, then a similar period on the solar def, and concluding with some high energy accompaniment of The Corrs Unplugged DVD on the bodhrán. I was pouring my all into each song, and after each one I was physically tired. But this energy output was energizing in itself, and so I persisted. I remember idly wondering where this was all coming from.

It appears that the dream world provided the answer to this question, that the Mars archetype is at work, and like the crow of the rooster greeting the rise of the sun, this work is irrepressible.

In my natal chart Mars is conjunct with Saturn in Sagittarius. This implies a rather controlled and conservative Martian influence, although this is somewhat offset by being in a very idealistic and liberating sign. With Capricorn at the Ascendant, Saturn also rules my chart. My Mars is naturally slow to react, but once engaged the Saturn influence also brings great staying power to Mars and a great reluctance to give up.

In the last couple of days I have become greatly inspired by Uncle Mafufo's collection of Middle Eastern percussive drills, 25 Essential Rhythms for Arabic Drum, playing it at every opportunity. The revitalization of my interest in Arabic rhythm seems to relate to this rising solar and Martian influence. The Chariot is departing.

Sophie-David

Elnor said:
Thank-you! That is very reassuring... especially since I am trying to work on a series of paintings for an exhibition planned in August- and I'm worried that they might not 'say' what i want them to; so that is a very interesting and relevant interpretation.
Oh that is wonderful! :) BTW I had not read your profile until just now: "Occupation: Hopeful Artist!"

Milfoil

Soul dream

At the end of a wide, village/town street there stands a neat, white house in a very large, well tended but plain garden (ie. lawns but not much in the way of flowers or shrubs). A drive leads from the road to the house and past it to a opening in an embankment through to the lake beyond. An elderly lady owns the house but sells it to me. She shows me around and it is deceptively large with many bedrooms. I am thrilled that the house, although in need of some alterations and work, is so perfect both in its size and location, being surrounded on three sides by nature and with a neighbour on the other. Being on the outskirts of a town it is both in the country and close to the amenities too. I explore the outside of the house and it is then that I find, to my amazement that through the opening in the embankment there is access to a lake, surrounded by large, old trees which I had no idea were there. I can see that on the far side of the embankment is a public path around the lake and to my right, another access to the lake for the house next door (their drive also seems to go right down to the lake also and seems to cut through the side of my land but I am not sure)

David (my Husband) is at the house when I return and though thrilled with the new home he starts saying that it is too close to nature and not what he likes, he wants to be in the town centre but I smile and tell him we are still in the town, this way it is perfect for us both. Another old lady in a long, brown, woolen coat and pulling a shopping bag on wheels is passing the house, although I don't know her, somehow I seem to recognise her in the dream and ask her to come in to see our new house. She, a woman in her 40's with bleached blond hair and with a permanent scowl on her face and another woman come into the house and look around. David points out that they have come from the bus which is parked on the other side of the road. There is the feeling that this bus transports people who have mental health issues and he doesn't want me to let these people know where we now live but its too late and they are already walking down the drive.

The first room as you step through the door is the yellow kitchen then straight through into a long hallway. The first hallway off the main hall to the right has two bedrooms, the right hand one is long and a few feet higher than the left hand one which you have to step down to. The right hand one is decorated in 70's big pattern, brash pink/red/brown wallpaper. The left hand one has a very narrow entrance and is pastel blue, a baby boys room which still has the cot at one end and other baby things there, a little cluttered but clean and just as though the baby was still there. I wonder at this point how and why the old lady kept this room like this, it must have been from a long time ago yet looks modern. To get out of the baby room we all have to crawl up on our hands and knees out of the doorway and again I wonder how the old lady managed to do this?

Across the hall is a door, someone tells me that some of the rooms are not finished, there are no floors down and it is dangerous so to be careful. I open the door to find exactly that, a series of three rooms, one after the other which I can see down to the end but although a beautiful solid wood floor (pine or some other light wood) has been started, it is just laying on the insubstantial joists and not nailed down. I walk onto the joists but they spring so much with my weight that I know this must all be replaced before the floor can go down. I see someone at the end of the last room, trying to step through the massive piles of boxes and other stuff that the old lady has accumulated over the years.

I know that further down the main hallway there are more bedrooms and rooms and a rear door to the property which looks out onto the embankment at the back.

This dream is very revealing to me, it is full of symbolism that makes sense right now even if its not what I want to hear. The new house, my soul is taking a new direction and shows me how I am in the world. The old lady (the old me) clearly kept things nice but couldn't cope with it all, I need to find a new youth and vitality to make the necessary repairs and alterations within. Although the house looks perfect from the outside and is in a great position, inside there is a lot of work to do.

The three women 'with mental problems' who come into the house are aspects of myself that don't think clearly. I have shown them the house, now I need to show them the door and get on with my life. The unfinished parts were from a long time ago and would suggest that I have unfinished and insubstantial aspects of my spiritual growth which need taking back to basics and setting on a more solid basis. Clearing the clutter from the past is also an issue I need to address.

The driveway right down to the lake is intriguing, right there on my doorstep is the primordial, feminine, the clear stretch of water which is shallow at the edge but goes very deep. There is a mooring for a small boat which I have every intention of getting. I remember being excited at the thought of taking trips out into the lake in a little rowing boat. This emotional representation clearly gives me the access to my emotions yet in the right place and at the right time. I see it as a wonderful opportunity to explore my emotions without letting them take over. The embankment would sheild the house from a rise in the water so the soul house is safe.

The first room in the house is the kitchen, to me both the lively yellow and the kitchen itself mean energy and work. This suggests to me that work seems to come first which is not how it should be, perhaps I should move the kitchen to a more suitable place in the house? The baby boy's room with the narrow entrance you have to crawl out of suggests issues from childhood that are not resolved as does the 70's horrible wallpaper in the other bedroom. Not sure what is to be resolved, perhaps I need to go back to these rooms and find a few clues. Funny that it should be a boys room and not a baby girls.

Elnor

Need some help with this one!

First, some background to this dream....

I had a difficult childhood- and I first started to suffer with depression when I was about 7 or 8 years old, from what I can remember.

The only time I was happy was when we went to Canada to stay with relatives- I loved it there so much, and would cry myself sick when we had to go 'home'.
Now, I have started working on various ways of healing old hurts, and one of the things I been investigating are Shamanic practices of soul retrieval... I do believe that part of my fractured inner child is still in Canada, inhabiting the places that she loved.

One of my favourite childhood toys was a cuddly buffalo, (or bison, it became PC to call it) and I do believe that the buffalo is one of my totem animals... have done several meditations where one has come to me.

Now, I would love to have a soul retreival done with a qualified shaman, but at the moment this is financially impossible... so I tried to attempt to do something on my own. I called my buffalo totem to me, and asked Him to try to find my missing soul piece by going to my beloved childhood places.... I did a painting of Him before His journey, which now hangs by my bed. The last meditation I did, He told she wouldn't come- she doesn't know or trust me as an adult... she doesn't like 'grownups', but he knows where she is.

So, now the dream I had two nights ago....

A large building, brick, rundown- with a dark, unfriendly-feeling basement. There is a baby buffalo wandering outside, like a stray puppy (although a baby, he doesn't appear as a calf- he is like more like the toy buffalo I had). I need to hide him inside, until I can find a safe place to keep him, (a field? with other buffalos?)

I manage to find him and pick him up- he seems weak, and I knock on a door in the building, (there are flats in it, it seems like) and there are two young boys in it- they seem poor, as does the room. I ask for some milk for the buffalo- I explain he is thirsty and starving.
I then put him in a small cupboard-type area in the basement, which has two doors... one leads into the building, the other outside. When I return later, he seems happy to see me, but somehow gets out- I don't know through which door. I am looking frantically- and discover a crawl space I didn't realise was there... I think it is him, but it turns out to be an armadillo kind of creature- or a very large woodlouse? Not sure what it was, but it was creepy.

I am supposed to be at work- something to do with the basement? but instead I'm going around looking for the baby buff... (this bit was VERY vague- some alley cats eating something bloody, at first I think it is him? I turn away in horror).
I am worried about getting told off for not working- and the stairs leading to the basement were very grubby- rubbish and debris littering them.
At one point I am outside, still looking- the area next to the building is cobblestoned, with some grass growing- I am picking some to put in the cupboard for the buffalo when I find him, but have to stop and help two eldely women out of a car- one of them is not very nice... the only word I can think of to describe her is 'malevolent'. There is an ominous feeling about the building and the area around it.

I do think this dream has a great deal of meaning in it, and does seem to contain a message from my Spirit Guide - but I'm not sure what exactly, only that it's left me a bit anxious. I did a meditation the next night, and smudged the resin statue of the buffalo which sits on my shrine, (I got it the last time I was in Canada) and lit a candle by it...

Any thoughts on this one, or advice on how to interpret?
Thanks!

Elnor

Milfoil

Hi Elnor

I'm not surprised you see this dream as significant, I would too if it were mine.

If it were my dream it would suggest to me that the search for the inner child is very important (finding the baby/toy buffalo) but the sickly state it is in suggests that there are fundamental issues regarding lack of power and weakness that need to be addressed. The little buffalo is lost which suggests that re-intergrating the inner child is not as straight forward as first hoped. There is a lot of old clutter and debris in this dream which indicates that a lot of psychological muck needs to be acknowledged and disposed of. We all get dreams like these so don't worry.

You say that you have already tried to contact the lost child part and that there were some problems in your childhood which you are attempting to work through - your dream confirms this.

Helping the old women out of the car suggest that part of your path right now is getting rid of the 'malevolent' element of your psyche. Whatever has happened in your past and which you feel angry and possibly spitefull about, you have to get it out of your life (car).

You say the whole place feels ominous, I think that is very significant and suggests that this whole area of dealing with difficult memories and situations from the past is very difficult and frightening for you even now. Your dream, however, has shown you that you can and are doing it.

Elnor

Thanks for that input, Milfoil- I struggle with understanding dreams like this that seem to have so much meaning to them... I suppose I feel it's important to get the most out of what my subconscious is trying to tell me.

One thing I've started doing, is I've made an index in the back of my dream journal, with catagories for the symbols that seem to come appear over and over again. I then record the date next to a symbol when it happens in a dream... It's amazing how the same ones will reoccur, sometimes more than once in the same night!

For me, it is often these ominous-type buildings- dark, with cluttered and dirty areas; lots of stairs going down to scary basements. Bit worrying, since I know that buildings often represent the 'Self'- and the basement the Unconscious, (or so Jung believed).

Yes, I am working on it- not entirely sure how to progress, but paying attention to my dreams is one way that I think will help.

I wish I could remember them as clearly as you seemed to do with your house dream... that was quite a complex one!

Elnor

Kahlie

Ugh... I woke up at 5:55 from this strange dream. It left me feeling a bit sick... I have no idea how this relates to work I've been doing. I got really nauseated from this. I hope people are not eating while reading this!

I'm dreaming I'm a prince, and I'm supposed to marry a girl. However, when I look for her, she's dead. I look in the toilet, and besides some leftovers of a 'big message', I see a big worm/parasite. I take a glass bowl and place it over it, intending to talk to somebody about it.

However, when I come back alone, the worm somehow managed to get out of the bowl by itself. It infects me. I then infect it to somebody else. Prince disappears, now the person is a messenger?! At least that's who I think I am now.

He's now infected, and a unwilling victim of this parasite. For some reason the touch of the infected person is able to paralyze the other, while the parasite jumps over, by a kiss between two people. I really dream the motions through the whole pipe and back up through the mouth.

I then infect the big "mob boss", who is now infected. Again I dream the sequences of infecting, and again, the person who does it, it suddenly gone in my dream.

The Mob Boss then infects his key assassin. However, the Mob Boss doesn't disappear, instead, he knows now he's in danger, and he decides to leave the building. He's deadly afraid and leaves through the window. He's walking on a high window ledge. He's nearing the corner of the building, when he feels that the guy is after him.

I wake up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In principle this looks like a bit of a Kundalini dream. I usually dream of worms or something else working up and/or vomiting to release issues. However, I do not understand why 'other parts' are infected and then disposed of? At least, I think that's happening. They are at least no longer in the dream scape.

Early in the week I had another dream, in which a worm like, black creature got removed from near my collar bone. I stepped on it, because I knew it was bad, but regretted it. It seemed to me that I was releasing an old part of me, and grieved for it too.

However, these Archetype's are very strange.

Princess/Maiden I understand, and is an archetype I needed to let go off. Apparently, she's dead. That's good =) I've been taking an active part in getting my life back on track, and I'm not looking again more for somebody to 'save' me, or take care of me so I don't have to do it!

Then comes Prince. I'm unaware what he's doing... I do need to let go of the part of me that wants to go and charge off on my chariot and save the world =) It's ok to help out, but I should stop putting my own life on hold to help others. I've been doing extensive work on this.

Then comes a sort of messenger, underdog, unimportant person that IS able to reach the 'big man'. I'm not sure what he is doing or standing for?

Mob boss? Ack?! Apparently I have a part of me that is out of control with authority? I don't personally see myself as a mob boss... or have any of the qualities. "Unethical behavior, manipulation, danger, able to have a lot of control and power".

However, I do know somebody sadly, in my life, who is like this.
The progress from Prince/Messenger/Underdog/Mob Boss/Assassin sadly would describe the way my relationship with this person has been going... but, I don't think I should deny that this is MY dream, and are my archetypes.

Kahlie

Sophie-David

The Voyage Continues

March 17, 2007

I am attending a college or university course. The male instructor has passed out a large folded up chart to each of us, and asks, "What do you make of this?" I fold it out on the table. It is a beautiful picture of an ancient Greek sailing vessel, its single sail billowing out in wind, across an energetic deep green sea. The sail is white with a red cross painted across it. A painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Around the ship there are Tarot cards. At the bottom of the chart, directly underneath the ship, there are two cards with a space in between them. To the left is a portrait of Sophie, dressed in blue. The Tarot card is marked "2" at the top centre, with the caption, "The Dark Lady" at the bottom. To the right of this was a similar picture of Eirian in green, numbered "3" and titled "The Empress". The lettering and numbering are in white.

There are other Tarot cards scattered about the chart. At the top right there is a card with a bright green frog on it, that I later learn represents the Four of Cups. To the left of this there is another card with a picture of a vole, that is later identified as the Four of Staffs. At this moment I look up from the chart and confer with my partner, a young man in his mid-twenties. There is a woman missing from the class, one who I am interested in romantically. My partner says that it is no use calling her, she is gay and not interested. But I say, "It doesn't matter. I love her and I will call her". And so I do.

The scene shifts and I am looking for a washroom. I am successful in finding one.

Then the scene shifts again. The frog and the vole have become animated on the chart. But the vole has a gun, a Victorian pistol, and he is firing on the frog! The frog takes refuge below a short flight of concrete steps at the top right corner of the map. Then the point of view moves back, and I see that the Dark Queen has encouraging the vole. She has lied to and corrupted the creature, so that he thinks the frog is the enemy. The Dark Queen and I are full size people, and the drama is played out on the chart in miniature. I try to encourage the frog, and he is able to hop away and camouflage himself in some swampy ground further down on the right side of the map. But the Dark Queen follows the frog, shining a searing yellowish white light on the frog so that the vole can see and pursue him.

The frog manages to get away again, and waits in ambush on the left side of the map, holding a box in his paws. When the vole comes over, he pulls the box over the vole and pushes the box down into the water so that the vole starts to drown. The Dark Queen goes over to them and is about to intervene by lifting the box out of the frog's hands. But I say to the Dark Queen, "You will not interfere with my animals!" The frog finishes drowning the vole. The dream ends.

I wake into a trance, which lasts for some time. Not only do I learn the Tarot identity of the two animals, but I also hear that the frog is called the Lover, the Beloved, the frog who is a prince. While this trance continues there is the persistent sound of a def, the Arabic frame drum: Duum Duum, Ta Ka Ta, Ta Ka Ta Ka-Ta / Duum Duum, Ta Ka Ta, Ta Ka Ta Ka-Ta / Duum Duum... This beautiful, haunting and melodic riff is from the Eastenders track "Tender", found on the compilation album, Arabic Chill.

Sophie-David

Commentary on "The Continuing Voyage"

In my collection of many significant dreams over the past few months, this one may well be the most important of them all. This is so, not so much for its particular content, but because of its very explicit references back to the dream of early morning April 29, 2004: The Storm. This dream of egoic self-sacrifice initiated the Sacred Marriage with the Inner Beloved.

In this latest dream, the dream director appears to have taken an on-camera role as the college instructor, showing me the "chart" - implying a nautical map rather than simply a picture - of my current psychic voyage. Unlike the clunky three masted Victorian era vessel of the past, ill equipped to survive its journey to the East intact, the new vehicle of the psyche's libido is light racing model, completely at home in the seas of the eastern Mediterranean. I would note that even at this point the journey is only halfway there (and fittingly I recently celebrated my 51st birthday), for this imagic destination lies in the Far East, even so far as the islands of the South Pacific.

This dream actually consists of three layers, and this framing technique of dreams within dreams is characteristic of particularly important material. At the top or exoteric layer there are the scenes in the college or university. Then the esoteric lies beneath it, the chart itself with its Tarot, artwork, and aspects of the personal and emergent unconscious. Lastly there is what might be the archetypal level itself, in which the Adversary and the Dream Ego engage in a godlike struggle of wills superimposed over the esoteric story unfurling beneath them.

Similar to the primary dream that initiated my new life, there is a psychic component submerged below the sailing vessel. Whereas in the dream of the Storm this took the form of three beautiful flowers, now there are two fully revealed and named feminine entities, each associated with a Tarot archetype: Sophie and Eirian. But there is a gap between them, vividly showing that Lady Death, the third flower of the triad and the third aspect of the Triple Goddess, is yet to be fully integrated.

After surveying the rest of the chart, it is to this missing person that I direct my concern, the dream ego here returning consciousness to the exoteric layer. My analytic counsellor, most likely the expression of Mercury in Aquarius, Inu the Gandharva, tries to give me practical if rather strange advice - suggesting that my love interest would by nature have no interest in me because she is gay. This seems to express the conservatism of the linear "left-brained" mind, for my experience has been that the sexual preference of the inner aspects of the psyche is pretty much irrelevant.

Sophie and Eirian are by nature involved in a gay relationship together, as well as each one being involved with the egoic masculine. Not only is this my experience, but if one thinks of this relationship in archetypal terms, this is not surprising. Just as the Magician must recognize and integrate with the High Priestess, so she too must integrate with the Empress. The unitive potential energy of the Magician comes into consciousness through the reflective love of the High Priestess. This High Priestess is the agent of Change, and through the integrative activity of this primary dualism, the Creative Love that arises from and is their relationship is expressed as the Empress.

But it is not enough that this Empress is set forth as a free agent to act within the world. This triad must act within complete unity for its work to be perfected into Form: the Emperor who is both the Empress's son and lover. It must be remembered that these Tarot archetypes are merely personified and metaphoric models of a higher and more basic reality. We see much the same incongruities in the many of the world's religious pantheons, and of course problems arise if we attempt to apply these metaphors literally at the human level. In fact the fundamental failing of exoteric thinking is that it very regularly confuses the metaphor with the meaning, and the Word with the Truth.

Returning to the dream, I am pleased to say that the dream ego overrides the quibbles of the linear analyst. He calls up Lady Death because he must.

The next scene, the search for a washroom, is a recurring one for me. Jungian analysts have suggested that the need to go pee in a dream is equivalent to the search for a creative outlet. In this I am successful - my drumming, writing and singing bring rich rewards.

In the next scene we experience a drama at the esoteric level. I must mention that both the vole and the frog were equally wonderful, lovable and beautiful creatures in this dream, each worthy of a place on the chart. But we learn that the vole has been misdirected by the Adversary into attacking the frog. In Tarot terms, the celebratory energy of completion expressed in the Four of Wands has attempted to block out the necessary emotional withdrawal and refocusing of the Four of Cups. Active masculine energy is tries to suppress with the reflective dreamer.

The frog is itself a very rich symbol of transformation, both in its metamorphosis from tadpole to frog, its amphibious ability to "breathe" in both water and air, and its mythological cycle as prince, then frog, then prince again. You can quite often visibly the effect of a frog's heart beating, and his transformation is effected by the love of a princess who can see beyond appearances into the virtue of the soul itself.

We hear later that this frog's identity is also coincident with that of Lover or Beloved, and of course my name "David" also denotes "Beloved" in its Hebrew source. This character in the dream is the Beloved of the those who are from my conscious perspective the Inner Beloveds: Sophie and Eirian. And it is of course their love that has redeemed me, transforming frog into prince. So this frog plays the role that would most typically be taken by the ego, but in this dream this identification does not occur.

Instead the scene shifts again to that of a pair of adversaries, the Dark Queen and the Dream Ego, each of them choosing a champion on the scene of battle. There is the immediate recognition by the Dream Ego that neither of these entities should be at war, but nonetheless the frog is threatened with extinction by a colleague with a Victorian weapon - Victoria here denoting "feminine victory" in a negative context. Not only has the Dark Queen turned the vole against his brother, but she actively attempts to manipulate the outcome with the searing bright light of uncompromising objectivity.

The Dream Ego does not directly interfere, but reaches the point where he forbids further interference from the Dark Queen. It is at this point that through subtlety the frog encloses and kills the vole. Contemplative emotion has been saved, but at the expense of the masculine completive energy.

This of course has a direct bearing on my current psychic state, which is most easily summed up by saying that the two lowest and two highest Chakras are very healthy, but that the Solar Plexus, Heart and Throat definitely need work. And the basis of this is that I still find it difficult to effectively apply the egoic energy of the Solar Plexus to relational and creative problems. There has been progress, but it is still tentative.

In the life-changing Shamanic meditation on the Major Arcana in October 2004, an egoic sacrifice was made. During the encounters with The Hanged One and Death, the journeying ego offered himself up to the Old Landlady (another image of the Dark Queen or negative anima), in return for the release of Eirian, representing Creative Love, who was at that time in pregnancy. In other words there was the suppression of masculine energy and structured form in favour of creativity and creative output. It is seldom that we can go forward while staying perfectly in balance.

This imbalance is reflected visually and audibly in my drumming work. Layne Redmond has described the frame drum as having four elemental zones: Earth in the centre, Water in the intermediate areas, and Fire at the rim. Air is most vividly expressed in the jingles of a tambourine that are typically accessed beyond the edge of the rim, but more subtlely present when the surface of a drum is brushed.

In chakral theory, these four elements are expressed as follows: Earth with Root, Water with Sacral, Fire with Solar Plexus, and Air with Heart. As you may have guessed, I excel at playing in the domains of Earth and Water, but am reluctant to play in those of Fire and Air. And although I was invited by a beautiful dream late last year to play the riqq, the Arabic tambourine that is full of airy jingles, I find it quite challenging to play, and have never played it in public.

So this dream is both a reminder of the great progress that has been made, and a reflection on where I might best chart my future course. It would seem that both Lady Death and the Active Masculine (typically imaged as Aragorn, embodying Mars in Sagittarius), have a key role to play.