Dreams from Your Self

Sophie-David

Milfoil's New House

I have been deliberately separating myself from other people's dreams for a little while now. I must confess that there are times when I need to withdraw in order that "other people's stuff" would not overwhelm me. With yesterday's dream this term of pregnancy has come to fruition.
Milfoil said:
David (my Husband) is at the house when I return and though thrilled with the new home he starts saying that it is too close to nature and not what he likes, he wants to be in the town centre but I smile and tell him we are still in the town, this way it is perfect for us both... David points out that they have come from the bus which is parked on the other side of the road. There is the feeling that this bus transports people who have mental health issues and he doesn't want me to let these people know where we now live but its too late and they are already walking down the drive.
Your husband is an excellant symbol for your own animus, and in particular your Inner Beloved. In this case there is a particularly rich symbolism present in that his name actually means "Beloved". This appears to be an area of potential growth. The animus is intended to be an effective mediator and agent between your soul and the outer world. But you seem to be at cross-purposes with him so that neither of you understands or completely trusts the other.

Milfoil said:
Across the hall is a door, someone tells me that some of the rooms are not finished, there are no floors down and it is dangerous so to be careful. I open the door to find exactly that, a series of three rooms, one after the other which I can see down to the end but although a beautiful solid wood floor (pine or some other light wood) has been started, it is just laying on the insubstantial joists and not nailed down. I walk onto the joists but they spring so much with my weight that I know this must all be replaced before the floor can go down. I see someone at the end of the last room, trying to step through the massive piles of boxes and other stuff that the old lady has accumulated over the years.
This is a particularly intriguing segment. The unconscious, represented by the basement, has opened up before you. But it seems to threaten the structure of the conscious psyche and prevents you from meeting a new development (person) that is waiting at the end of the room. Clearly this part of this psyche needs to be put in order, but yet there must be a safe way down into the basement also, a door and staircase that did not become evident in the dream.

Milfoil said:
This emotional representation clearly gives me the access to my emotions yet in the right place and at the right time. I see it as a wonderful opportunity to explore my emotions without letting them take over. The embankment would sheild the house from a rise in the water so the soul house is safe.
I remember that at one point I too had an embankment that kept me safe from the sea. There is a time when it is necessary so that the newly awakened emotions do not completely flood the land. I suspect that eventually you will find that it is no longer needed. Not only does the water represent the emotions, but it is in a larger sense the centre of duality, dance and dynamic movement that is the Sacral Chakra. The rivers will find there own true courses, the sea and lakes will live in symbiosis with their shores, and the land will be safe without any unnatural barriers.

Milfoil said:
The baby boy's room with the narrow entrance you have to crawl out of suggests issues from childhood that are not resolved as does the 70's horrible wallpaper in the other bedroom. Not sure what is to be resolved, perhaps I need to go back to these rooms and find a few clues. Funny that it should be a boys room and not a baby girls.[/i]
This speaks to me again of a partially repressed or inaccessible animus, a boy child who has been left behind.

This was a beautiful dream, Milfoil, and I was deeply moved by both it and your wonderful analysis! I can see why I could not read it until now.

Sophie-David

Elnor and the Buffalo

Elnor said:
First, some background to this dream....

I had a difficult childhood- and I first started to suffer with depression when I was about 7 or 8 years old, from what I can remember.
There are very likely root causes for this depression that will emerge when you are ready to deal with them.

Elnor said:
The only time I was happy was when we went to Canada to stay with relatives- I loved it there so much, and would cry myself sick when we had to go 'home'.
I too had a fixation about Canada when I was a child in England. I was born here in Victoria, BC, but we moved to England when I was four, then moved back again when I was nine. To me as a child, Canada was symbolic of wide open spaces, and of freedom. But in later years I have realized that the deeper meaning to this was that as a younger child the nurture I received from my parents while in Canada was more healthy. By the time we moved to England this nurture broke down, as did their relationship. Ironically, moving back to Canada only made it worse.

Elnor said:
Now, I have started working on various ways of healing old hurts, and one of the things I been investigating are Shamanic practices of soul retrieval... I do believe that part of my fractured inner child is still in Canada, inhabiting the places that she loved.
I tend to believe that we are our own best Shaman. But I have the feeling that Shamanic intervention may be a bit premature in any event - and likely you would manifest the money necessary if this were the right time. From what you describe of your basement you are in the stage of healing the shadow self. A really good friend or counselor may be able to help with this. And not all counselors require payment.

Elnor said:
One of my favourite childhood toys was a cuddly buffalo, (or bison, it became PC to call it) and I do believe that the buffalo is one of my totem animals... have done several meditations where one has come to me.
This is a most beautiful and powerful totem, Elnor, and it brings tears to my eyes to think of it. Do you still have your cuddly buffalo? If not, I do suggest you buy yourself a new one.

Did you know that Remo manufactures buffalo drums? (No buffaloes were harmed to make them)

Elnor said:
I am worried about getting told off for not working-
Yet there cannot be any more important work than this! Milfoil has already given a sensitive and acute analysis of the dream itself.

Sophie-David

Kahlie and the Worm

Kahlie said:
Mob boss? Ack?! Apparently I have a part of me that is out of control with authority? I don't personally see myself as a mob boss... or have any of the qualities. "Unethical behavior, manipulation, danger, able to have a lot of control and power".

However, I do know somebody sadly, in my life, who is like this.
The progress from Prince/Messenger/Underdog/Mob Boss/Assassin sadly would describe the way my relationship with this person has been going... but, I don't think I should deny that this is MY dream, and are my archetypes.
It is a sad truth that such a person in your life gains what power they have had over you because an inner shadow is in agreement with them.

These are pretty unpleasant dream images, but as you suggest, the Kundalini is indeed a serpent, and part of her role is to expel the impurities. I find myself in agreement with your analysis, but yet there seems to be something more... A further dream will undoubtedly explain.

Kahlie

Sophie-David said:
It is a sad truth that such a person in your life gains what power they have had over you because an inner shadow is in agreement with them.

These are pretty unpleasant dream images, but as you suggest, the Kundalini is indeed a serpent, and part of her role is to expel the impurities. I find myself in agreement with your analysis, but yet there seems to be something more... A further dream will undoubtedly explain.

Thanks for the help Sophie-David,

I have not had any serpent related dreams... yet I met Panther, which seems also to be an incarnation of Kundalini....

It was very powerful. She was there, very large, and she had my hand in her mouth. I can not remember which of the hands it was... She did not bite, just 'guard'.

I feel like I'm reclaiming a lot of my power, especially since I ended that abusive relationship last week.

Kahlie

Elnor

Sophie-David said:
This is a most beautiful and powerful totem, Elnor, and it brings tears to my eyes to think of it. Do you still have your cuddly buffalo? If not, I do suggest you buy yourself a new one.

Did you know that Remo manufactures buffalo drums? (No buffaloes were harmed to make them)

Sophie-David;
I do have a small resin statue of a buffalo from Canada, which I keep on shelf by my bed, along with a painting I did of a buffalo after a meditation with my totem, (in it he faces west: towards Canada).

Thank-you for the link to the drums... that is something I would love to do more of; I did an African drumming class last summer, and have been looking for a local shamanic drumming group to join!

Thanks also for the imput re. the dream- the ones I've had recently have been a bit vague and fragmented again, without anything quite as clear as that one was.

elnor

rcb30872

I think that I was at a party, or a gathering of some sort. Someone looked out the window/sliding door adn said "Look, it's raining". At that point, I ipened the door, I walked out and stood in the rain, I was very happy. I got looks of disapproval from the others, but i didn't care!

This is what the book says:
Dreaming of a party is associated with our feelings about the way we socially relate to others. It also relates to how we are able to relax and enjoy ourselves. This dream could be helping you to assess the way you feel about being around large groups of people. It could also be enabling you to relieve your fears about demanding social situations. Perhaps it's about time you got out more. To look at something in a dream is to give your full attention to be aware of whether it is that you are seeing. Being looked at by someone else implies seeing ourselves from a point of view that is not ours. Looking out from windows or from high places suggests ambitions (unfulfilled at this stage). Looking down on a person suggest being judgemental about an issue, whereas looking down on or into somethign indicates close examination and reflection. Rain can be seen as in times of drought and releases pent-up emotions that we've held in for too long. This action serves to heal us and to make us feel better. Therefore, dreaming of rain would be a sign of your longing for release and new life in a situation that is stagnant at present time. If you are passing through a door it's a sign that you are ready to tackle your inhibitions, or making progress in respect to a certain area in your life.

:love:

Bec

Sophie-David

rcb30872 said:
I think that I was at a party, or a gathering of some sort. Someone looked out the window/sliding door adn said "Look, it's raining". At that point, I ipened the door, I walked out and stood in the rain, I was very happy. I got looks of disapproval from the others, but i didn't care!
The book seems to focus on the outer or exoteric meanings. In addition, the inner or esoteric context suggests conservativeness in the psyche, a party celebrated inside in the comfort of what is known. An initiator within, like the Magician or High Priestess, points to what lies beyond. The egoic self follows this prompting, although the conservative elements in the psyche disapprove. The rain brings cleansing, renewal and fertility to the inner landscape, indicative of a feminine dynamic of change. You have stepped outside the box.

Sophie-David

The Lake of Memories

March 19, 2007

I am viewing a calm and slightly mist covered lake, surrounded by deep forest and high mountains. I seem to be in a little wooden boat that moves by itself. There are several houses located on the shores and on islands in the lake. Many are have been abandoned and are in disrepair. Yet all of them are quite beautiful.

I visit the young Beloved on one island. She lives in a large house or apartment with her parents. At least two other families live there, the abodes joined by a great room in the middle, and off this room, down a short flight of stairs there is a chapel. Throughout the dream there is a deep peace, but yet an active curiosity. The dream ends.

In comtemplating Milfoil's inner lake, it crossed my mind that if I had such a lake, what form would it take? The dream director seems to have taken this question seriously and given me an answer.

This lake seems to be a place of memories, deep within Heartland Forest. Even those things which have died or fallen out of use have their beauty and contribute to the wholeness of experience. But the most sacred place is not in some external religion or form, but within the inner places of the heart. This is the home of the Beloved within the community of the soul: here lies the chapel of transformation.

Milfoil

Hi David

I only saw your response to my lake dream yesterday so a belated thankyou for your comments. :)

I realise now what you mean about the embankments not being necessary around the lake, they arn't but at the time I thought they were. I'm much more relaxed about it now.

In my lake dream, the house didn't have a basement only unfinished rooms, all on one level (and yet not - if that makes sense) and I think that the embankments outside were part of this same theme about possibly trying to see the subconscious and conscious as one yet not being able to defend against the inevitable emotional tidal waves that even a slight flood will bring to a house which is all below the water level!

I started to wonder if the outer beauty and the inner chapel in your dream are aspects of the same harmony like your shamanic drumming coupled with your more conventional church - one based in nature the other beauty entirely man made but both echo the glory greater things.

Sophie-David

Milfoil said:
I started to wonder if the outer beauty and the inner chapel in your dream are aspects of the same harmony like your shamanic drumming coupled with your more conventional church - one based in nature the other beauty entirely man made but both echo the glory greater things.
Ah yes, thank you Milfoil, I had not thought of that. I must remember that the whole dream of the lake, forest, buildings, and interiors are all within the relational and integrative context of the Heart.

It is interesting too that I did not actually go inside the chapel of the dream, but thought of it as the place where the young Beloved and I would be wed. It was in effect part of her home, just as large castles and palaces might contain a church. In this case it was simply the most practical thing to do, instead of having a separate building within the community. Instead of setting the sacred aside as something separate and compartmentalized within the psyche, it is integrated into daily living. And as you suggest, the sacred pervades the whole background of the dream, the Heartland Forest that also contains the grove of seven sacred trees, each one with a frame drum at its foot.