Dreams from Your Self

Sophie-David

rcb30872 said:
Sorry, I took my time getting back to this, have been busy, with readings and other stuff, and catching up with someone I knew from school, on the internet. Oh yeah, you can say that, but still, I am inclined to think that is both exoteric and esoteric.
My intention was not to suggest that the book was incorrect, but that "in addition" these other elements could be at play. It is rare indeed that a dream does not carry several layers of meaning. I find that "both/and" thinking is extremely useful to me: I am trying to do that more and more...

Kahlie

Sophie-David said:
The reading of the book and the pine cones seem to frame the rest of the episodes, suggesting to me that they may hold the key to them. It occurs to me that the purpose of pine cones is to disemminate the tree's seed. When the cone is dry and breaks apart then the seeds fall into the ground and so that they can begin to grow. Some trees actually require forest fires so that there cones will open completely and that the underbrush is cleared away so they have a better chance to grow. The pine cones are also dark, fragile and hide precious things, like your shadows.

Interesting.... Of course, I am doing all this Healing Work to make opportunities for new growth. I hadn't thought of it like this.

Sophie-David said:
The complaining woman seems to represent the part of the psyche that needs to predict and control - the Saturn. This may or may not be a good thing - there needs to be balance. The huge house of shadows is beautiful but could be overwhelming.

It didn't look overwhelming or dangerous... it looked beautiful and welcoming. However, I see what you mean. I've been working on the side of me that needs to predict and control. I have a lot of issues with that! I feel I managed to make a lot of progress, so that now, I don't immediately worry about thousands of outcomes... maybe this is represented by the fact that I stay outside.... *ponder*

Sophie-David said:
Yes, I was also puzzled by the "29" sequence. 29 does derive down to 11 and then two. The sequence is circular, with the beginning and ending numbers associated with the same name.

Yes... I also thought the circular sequence was special, but I haven't found any system that works with 29... Tarot works with 22 of course...

Sophie-David said:
The metal helmet is protective, but also conductive: stopping the wind and rain, but passing the lightning (fire) energy. It is worn at the Crown, and reminds me of what I posted above, that the Crown Chakra is like an electrode, and a masculine one at that. But like the pine cones, it disintegrates, potentially allowing fertile seeds to drop clear. So structure and control drop away so that there can be new beginnings.

That sounds very good.

Sophie-David said:
The disadvantaged children - psychic energies that have been neglected - shadow children so to speak.

Oh, I hadn't seen it like that! But now that you mention it it's very likely...

Sophie-David said:
The gaming that you no longer do suggests an element of play that is being suppressed. Play is a necessary part of the creative process, as long as it is not excessive - experimental and intuitive play ideally leads to development and manifestation. Perhaps the animus figure in your dream - the would-be lover, protector and intermediary - is disconnected because you no longer play enough?

I think I do. But playing like that was always a social type of thing for me. Especially since the game centers around shooting and killing people. Not really the thing for me, but when I'm with a group, and they like it, sure I'll play. I can see how this relates back to the animus, the more aggressive side of me... just a few hours ago I had a dream in which shooting also took place... I might need to find a way to channel the animus in a healthy way for myself...

Sophie-David said:
The ineffectiveness of the animus is highlighted by the note at the end that your leadership is thwarted by a toreador or gladiator. An inner champion needs to be nurtured and trained to defend yourself from the negative and destructive impulses that distract you from the directions you wish to go in. Could it be that it is his helmet that has disintegrated? In any event, the analogy to a pine cone, that bursts so that the seeds make germinate, indicates that you are on the right track: new energy - perhaps animus energy in particular - will be released.

Sounds like a good idea....

Thank you for helping me out Sophie-David. Since all this has to do with Shadow Work, the dream is quite difficult to decipher, after all, these symbols are 'foreign' to me.

I'll look into channeling the animus in a better way,

Kahlie

rcb30872

Didn't know if it was a Spirit Guide of from myself dream

To be on the safe side, I am posting this here, I had some difficulty figuring out where it belonged!!!

Oh, I had this dream on Monday 2nd April 2007.

I was a passenger in a car. A man, who I didn't know and I really didn't get to see his face, but he had brown hair, and his hands indicated that he was not old. All of a sudden he gets my mobile phone, places it to his ear and then hands it to me. I didn't even hear it ring! Next thingm, not even sure if it is the same dream, little man's grandmother (not my mum) was playing on the road like a child. She was by herself, laughing and was really, really happy!

According to the book:
Driving or being a passenger in the car could indicate my "journey" through life, my life path. Hair is a symbol of virility and also of our attractiveness to others. The head usually symbolises the whole person: personality, hopes and fears. Hands are associated with our creative prowers and our ability to make things happen. A dream in which you are caliing someone up or answering the phone reflects your need to connect with others. Sometimes it can symbolise your desire to get in touch with various aspects of yourself. If you don't answer the phone in your dream it suggests that you may not want to hear something. Is someone trying to get through to you? Dreaming of deafness can be something or somebody you are refusing to hear. This dream can also represent your fear of being cut off from your surroundings or other people. In general, this dream is a sign that you need to work on new ways to listen to your own needs or to communicate with others. Dreaming of something old or ancient often suggest your desire to connect with or re-examine something in your past, whether a person, an emotion, or a situation. Sometimes such a dream is a subconscious message that the dreamer can learn a lot from the past or hasn't yet learned what lessons the past has to offer. I know this is not in the dream, but this seems to ring true, the fair brings back our childhood memories of fun, excitement, rides and prizes. It suggest a letting go of social restraints as we indulge in a more imaginative state. The dreamer may need to get in touch witht he childlike aspect of his or her personality. Your subconscious may be telling you to let go of the restrictions and boundaries you've set up in your life, to embrace creativity, and to see things through fresh eyes.

:love:

Bec

Elnor

"The Self"?

One thing I've been wondering about, (especially since this thread is about dreams in which our subconscious self can manifest 'itself', is how to determine which symbol it might actually be using?

I have read that sometimes it can take the form of a building or house with many rooms or floors- each a different aspect of our personality.... or a car, which can also represent the enclosed (and sometimes out-of-control!) physical body we inhabit on this earth.

The reason I ask, is because a few nights ago I dreamt I was in a cab, (possibly my 'self' feeling not quite in control?) which had the ability to drive up the front of buildings that happened to be in the way, (my 'self' being ignored or 'overridden'? hmmmm....)

Interestingly, the cabbie told me at one point, (when the cab wasn't able to make it to the top of one particular building) that it was my fault- I was "too tense" and the car stalled.

I'm fascinated with how my subconscious can utilise all these various things to illustrated 'me' to 'myself'.... the problem I have is deciding which 'me' is which! :bugeyed:

Elnor

Elnor

Sophie-David said:
Crown - static masculine
Third Eye - dynamic feminine
Throat - dynamic masculine
Heart - static feminine
Solar Plexus - dynamic masculine
Sacral - dynamic feminine
Root - static masculine

Sophie-David-

I thought this was a lovely dream... sorry I've not commented sooner, havent' had a chance this week.
I understand about your ambiguity re. the church... I left years ago, but still miss the beauty of the high ritual- and the music!
My first thought on reading through your description wasn't that the priest involved was the Hierophant... I pictured him as being more like one of the two priests kneeling before him- (in the Rider-Waite) so perhaps more vulnerable, like a student? (which would account for him driving backwards?)

I am curious about the classification you used for the chakkras- I never thought of them as being divided into masculine and feminine before. I would have to feel that the root would be primarily feminine, since is relates the closest to the earth- and birth... but that's just my instinct upon reading that. :surprise:

elnor