songs and divination

PisceanRedhead

Due to recent events in my life, I have given up my radio because I too, find a lot of meaning in the lyrics (and my head and heart are already muddled enough!).

I have found though, that I will wake up in the morning with a song in my head whose lyrics are identical to my concern or feelings about the situation at that time... and more often than not, these are not songs that I've heard (on the radio/in the store/on TV/etc.) in years and otherwise would never have given thought to.

I also find that if I'm particularly concerned about someone or something and I have to go to the grocery or drug store, a song will start when I'm in the store that pertains to the situation and I will stay in the store at least long enough to hear the end of the song. (And yes, sometimes I do sing along... even if others are looking at me strangely :) )

Messages? Perhaps... I'd like to think so. It always makes me feel better, so it can't be that bad!

Lula Jing

Another one...

In the car earlier, Take That again... :)

The words made such sense to me for what's happening to me right now...

Take That Shine Lyrics

All your anticipation pulls you down
When you can have it all, you can have it all.

So come on, so come on, get it on
Don't know what you're waiting for
Your time is coming don't be late, hey hey
So come on
See the light on your face
Let it shine
Just let it shine
Let it shine

stop (stop)
being so hard on yourself
It's not good for your health
I know that you can change
So clear your head and come around
You only have to open your eyes
You might just get a big surprise
And it may feel good and you might want to smile, smile, smile.
:)

Don't you let your demons pull you down
'Cause you can have it all, you can have it all.

Hey, let me know you (let me know ya)
You're all that matters to me
Hey, let me show you (let me show ya)
You're all that matters to me.

I love it!!!

It felt like a message from my guide... I've been getting a few signs and strong thoughts lately.

It made me smile. :)

Shy xx

Raya

I once was going through a particularly difficult time in my life. Then one night I woke up for no reason that I could tell, it was pitch black and completely quiet. But I must have rolled over onto my stereo remote just before I awoke, because the radio had just turned on. It took a second for the stereo sound to start, but when it did, it was the very first note of a song that said what God wanted me to know and understand. To this day, that song is like a covenant to me. I think God uses everything around us to speak to us, we just have to be tuned in (pun intended ;) ) So why not the radio?

Vadella

replying to first post.

Oh thank you!! :) This has been happening to me for a long time. I used to think I was crazy. I have been able to do this wondering what someone is going through or feeling... and it's always dead on. I scared a few asking questions and then telling them why and singing whatever song it was. lol I've also asked questions and then turned on the radio... or asked a question while one was playing and said to myself that the next song will bring me the answer. Awesome post. <3

XX
Vad

wytchwood

oh yes! I know about the thinking you're crazy thing. I sometimes see messages everywhere- music, animals, numbers, sometimes it's just everywhere. Then I remember somewhere reading that this is what schizophrenia is like! Ouch! lol Although I think I'll start worrying if ever a Labrador is telling me I should kill.....kill....KILL!!!!

Zoe

Raya

wytchwood said:
oh yes! I know about the thinking you're crazy thing. I sometimes see messages everywhere- music, animals, numbers, sometimes it's just everywhere. Then I remember somewhere reading that this is what schizophrenia is like! Ouch! lol Although I think I'll start worrying if ever a Labrador is telling me I should kill.....kill....KILL!!!!

Zoe

I'd be more worried about the little dogs. There's a pekingese in my apartment building who's always going on about homemade explosives. That dog is just crazy, and I told him so, too! lol

Roewyn

Signs, signs everywhere signs

Lmao.. I just had that song pop into my brain...

You know.. this is all too relavent.. I had not run across this thread before but the past few weeks have been filled with signs for me and I have thought to my self, wondering if I am reading too much into all of it or not.

My recently very estranged not so much anymore boyfriend lives in Turkey. Well, while standing in line at Starbucks one day, a couple passed me and the young woman pointed to something and said, "They have those in Turkey". (???!!!)

My son came to me last week with a toy and told me, "Here mama, you need him". It was a stuffed Turkey.

I read the news online frequently and never before two months ago had I read anything about Turkey, but lo and behold.. three articles regarding Turkey.

Im thinking, what the hell? At least I know I'm not alone.. lol..

OH!! And then my mother says something to me about her bf living off of Turkey burgers.. geeze..

So should I stay and wait or what?

I walked into a metaphysics shop like three weeks ago to buy some incense... they have a flippin turkey hanging from the ceiling.. c'mon now.. its not Thanksgiving for crying out loud..

What am I supposed to make of all of this???

Im not even asking for signs, but these damned turkeys just keep following me around..! im starting to think in gobble gobbles.... geeze.. lol

.traveller.

I hear you about the turkeys. I had something similar happen to me with silver cars. The fella I am hung up on drives a little silver compact something or other and I kept hoping I would see his car. Overnight it seems, the town I live in became the City of Silver Cars. I have never before seen so many silver cars in one location in all my life. For an entire month, it was like the granddaddy of silver car conventions.

I too look to songs for guidance, but it is a random thing. Mostly the radio is background noise but every now and then, something says "listen" and so I do. It generally gives me comfort when things seem very dark and I am in doubt.

Raya

Roewyn said:
Im not even asking for signs, but these damned turkeys just keep following me around..! im starting to think in gobble gobbles.... geeze.. lol

Geez, turkeys, eh? Maybe it's like a totem/spirit animal for you right now. Someone recently was telling me about totems, and I guess they can change as you change. So maybe you need to learn from the turkey... I never thought I'd find myself saying that....

Gobble.