Tarot Tells The Tale "THE 5 D's"

Jewel

I love the book. I read it cover to cover, which is not something I usually do with tarot books *LOL*. Fantastic book, very helpful and easy to understand.

6 Haunted Days

I just got this book a couple days ago and am loving it! It's outstanding, and his explanation and usages of reversals actually makes me WANT to incorportate them into my readings now. Before it just seemed so messy and confusing.

rainwolf

Yes im interested also--what are the other two?!

shadowdancer

I too loved this book and the other in his series.

As a result of reading this book I created 33 characters from either fiction, film or history and used his technique to do the readings. I loved the process and whole learning experience (yep even after all these years we can still all learn.....lol)

To this end I have actually boxed in a separate box, my most enriched RWS cards which I use for such readings. I think the enthusiasm now for me is creating new characters every now and then to do another reading using his format. For those who want to try, it is interesting choosing a current TV soap character and doing the reading based on current story lines, and then comparing to who they progress.

I also keep a spread sheet of cards used and patterns seem to have developed with a heck of a lot of court cards showing up. (more so than in my regular readings where more cards are usually used in each spread)

The only other author who I feel has kept me enthralled with the simplicity of writing style/ humour etc has been Mark McElroy whose books I also enjoy.

Shame though we can't readily get hold of James' first book - I think I have more chance of juggling with soot or knitting with fog than getting hold of that! :)

seaweed

James Ricklef's books are, IMHO, true must-reads in the field as he can explain both spreads and the individual cards with so many layers of depth. I've read both of the above books and recommend them highly (with Solandia's blessing, I hope to send a couple reviews of his her way by the end of the week, hopefully she'll be able to post them here soon.) The man himself is every bit as charming, elucidating and gracious in life as he is in his books. An amazing feat, all-around, but he honestly is the most culturally-adept and humble seeker of knowledge that you would ever want to know. Impressive man. And truly useful, impressive books.

mythos

This thread, which I have only just read, has finally moved this book onto the 'to buy' list and off my 'Will I? Won't I?" list ... then, drats, I went to my favourite bookseller ... who has had it in stock since it came out, and guess what? None left! Grrrrrr! at myself!

Mind you ... I do have a few (lot) of other things that require my cash currently. Another day it seems!

mythos:)

Grizabella

Mythos, I hope you do get the book eventually when you can find it and afford it. Well-----find it. Affording it? We know how that goes sometimes when we want something. :p

Gavriela

I'll happily enable by mentioning that both of them are nearly dirt-cheap at www.discountnewagebooks.com :)

Which happens to have eminently reasonable prices on international shipping...

mythos

Thanks Gavriela :) I have bought from them before. First time was a success. Second time the postage was appalling and the parcel took 33 days to get here, and the third time I didn't receive a postage quote in 5 days so I cancelled the order.

But ... I will get the book ... eventually :D

mythos:)

Djcooler

I read Tarot Tells The Tale and loved it. To those that have read the sequel, is it just as informing when it comes to constructing a "story" with the cards? I've been reading tarot for several years and this is something I struggle with. Despite how many books I read, I still have a hard time getting the cards to flow in such a manner. I've heard that the 2-Hour Tarot Tutor is also a great book to learn about constructing the "whole story" of the cards. Can anyone speak to any of the above or make any recommendations of their own?