More tarot on TV!

Rhiannon

Last night while watching the premiere of Fastlane (Wednesday nights at 9 on Fox) ;) There was a scene in which they used the tarot.

And for all of you dying to know, they even showed the deck VERY close up. It was the RWS deck, the one with the blue plaid backs. The cards drawn were even appropriate to the scenario (which I won't get into right now because it would take too long). The cards pulled were Death, Knight of Swords and Justice.

Very good show overall I thought, funny and fast paced, and NOT afraid to show the tarot and be ACCURATE with it! Woo hoo!

R :)

Faerie Lin

I watched this lastnight too! and thought it was cool they showed the tarot. The guy was a 3 stacks cutter. :D I wanted to see his tarot room longer... looked kinda cool. Did you notice the bead curtain? hehehehe

lin

ihcoyc

Rhiannon said:
The cards pulled were Death,
Is it even possible for Tarot to be read on TV or in the movies without Death showing up?

Rhiannon

Um, no, I don't think it is possible for that to ever happen.... but at least they didn't use the Devil! ;)

Jewel

Rhiannon said:
Um, no, I don't think it is possible for that to ever happen.... but at least they didn't use the Devil! ;)

Probably saving him for the next episode ...

Phoenix

I have moved this thread to the Talking Tarot forum as it is better suited there.

Thank you
Phoenix
Co-Moderator of Tarot Books

Melvis

Hi, all!

I think there's going to be something about Tarot cards on the CSI premiere next week. I keep catching the last part of the commercial for it, where Grissom says, "The Death Card" and you see some cards on a table.

Another instance of the Death Card...imagine that!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

HudsonGray

I just saw the commercial too, it was on tonight--it's the standard Ace of Spades from a regular card pack, not tarot. Unless they have that come in later....not sure. The season opener is next week I think.

napaea

did you guys already discuss the use of the Hierophant in the Witchblade this summer (or whatever it was for you a couple of months ago!)

the whole episode was about a guy (bad guy) who used the Hierophant as his "calling card", left it everywhere to show he'd been around. then they end up going to a reader (who is a guy from the Doors!) and he does a reading for the main character. it was rather funny, and an interesting episode. connected it very well to some situations, but i'm not sure how the overall look of tarot and tarot readers came off.

Rhiannon

Yeah, I saw that one, napaea! It was Roger Daltrey from The Who. He was also playing the role of the Devil in that episode (reprising a role from the previous season) so the card reader turned out to be the devil. He did do a CC spread for Sarah, and I think it came out as all majors... can't really remember.