Steps To The Crown ~ by Arthur Edward Waite

Rosanne

Hi Elven! Wonderful find! In America Arthur is held in high esteem. You could write to the Iowa Grand Lodge Library, Ceder Rapids. USA. I guess they have an address on the Web- but they have a very large collection of his works, letters and writings. They may be able to help you with some information. He was born in America- though it never seems to be mentioned much, because he was raised in England. ~Rosanne

Elven

I think thats a great idea rosanne - thankyou!
The only book I found which is a later edition than the one I have is this one, though mine is not is good condition - I have to check what 'good condition is ;):

Steps to the Crown

So, yes, I think I got a bargain of sorts :) It is a lovely book! Filled with precious material - quaint, wise, thought provoking.

I dont know what the book seller has done with the books he put away for me - he cant find them now :( ... I am going back tomorow to have a look for them myself.

Blessings Elven x

tabi

SWEET! I just found your thread and I have a personal love for old used books, I'm sure the hours of research and cussing out the search pages were well worth it!

CONGRATS :party:

Elven

Thankyou tabi - I think I have found a new love - collecting really old books - Ive alway just collected Tolkien, but now there is this wonderful world beyond - just have to get over the smell of some of them LOL!! :p .... but I am doing a bit of reading up on that at the moment :)

Blessings Elven x

tabi

Elven said:
Thankyou tabi - I think I have found a new love - collecting really old books - Ive alway just collected Tolkien, but now there is this wonderful world beyond - just have to get over the smell of some of them LOL!! :p .... but I am doing a bit of reading up on that at the moment :)

Blessings Elven x

LOL You do realize that collecting old books are even more expensive then collecting OOP decks, right? :p

They have a special quality to them, unfortunately I don't have the means to buy them. Enjoy your new hobby though. :D