Book/Morgan Greer?

HearthCricket

Does anyone know if there are an Tarot books that use the cards from the Morgan Greer as examples? In other words one about reading tarot or even a basic book, besides the LWB that comes with the deck? Thank you! :)

lark

Spiritual Tarot by Signe Echols..Robert Mueller and Sandra Thompson
ISBN 0-380-78206-5

The Book of Tarot by Susan Gerulskis-Estes
ISBN 0-88079-277-9

I like the Spiritual Tarot it compares 3 decks the RWS -Greer- and Aquarian.
It goes into symbolism on the cards and gives some interesting insights...a fun read.

The Book of Tarot is OK your basic meanings with RX meanings.
It discribes the cards but doesn't go indepth as to symbolisim, but it is the official book that comes in the kit with the Morgan Greer deck

HearthCricket

Perfect! I just ordered the Spiritual Tarot! Thank you for the information!! I appreciate it!

Formicida

I loaned the book to my sister and so can't be completely sure, but I think "Step-by-Step Tarot" by Terry Donaldson does as well. I don't particularly recommend it, though. It's a bit filled with psychobabble for my taste. It does have a nice emphasis on discovering your own meanings for the cards, though

lark

Formicida said:
I loaned the book to my sister and so can't be completely sure, but I think "Step-by-Step Tarot" by Terry Donaldson does as well. I don't particularly recommend it, though. It's a bit filled with psychobabble for my taste. It does have a nice emphasis on discovering your own meanings for the cards, though
You're right Formicida, I checked my copy and it is illustrated with the Morgan Greer deck.

But I think you made the right choice with the Spiritual Tarot it's the best of the three. IMO

Emily

I like the Spiritual Tarot too - It really goes into detail on the specifics of the card images and its nice to see the three decks compared together, I was going to get the Aquarian at one stage but never got round to it.

The 'official' book on the Morgan Greer could have been so much better, but it does give you a stepping stone to start off with. :)

HearthCricket

Thank you for recommending The Spiritual Tarot to me! My copy came very faded and a bit bent, thanks to Amazon's lovely packaging, but I am loving the book, itself, and its approach. In fact, on my way to nap/read it! :D