book of decent spreads?

ayumigirl

I love experimenting with the different spreads in the "learn" section trying to figure out which ones work for me and what doesn't...

But I was wondering, is there a book out there with nothing but spreads?

Thank you for any insight,
Jacqueline

(I'm using celtic dragon tarot if that information is needed)

AJ

Welcome to the forum!

I have :
Illustrated Tarot Spreads
78 new layouts for Personal Discovery
Heidemarie Pielmeier & Marcus Schirner
ISBN 0-8069-6345-X from Sterling Publishing

They are 3 to 11 or 12 card spreads and it includes other interesting stuff in the front.

Also, when I find a spread I like here or on the web I put it on a recipe-type card including the info of who posted/created it and that date. (just in case I want to share it later I can give credit)

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 96

celticnoodle

ayumigirl said:
I love experimenting with the different spreads in the "learn" section trying to figure out which ones work for me and what doesn't...

But I was wondering, is there a book out there with nothing but spreads?

Thank you for any insight,
Jacqueline
welcome to A.T. and check out the tarot spread forum here! it's loaded with tons of spreads to do. some great ones in there too! If you cannot locate one to use for a specific topic, post a request on A.T. and before long, you'll get a spread from someone out there that will work!

AJ said:
Also, when I find a spread I like here or on the web I put it on a recipe-type card including the info of who posted/created it and that date. (just in case I want to share it later I can give credit)
I've recently begun to do the same thing. I had been copying them from this forum & then printing them out on standard paper and including them in what had been my 'tarot journal'. however, i am lousy at keeping the journal up & so it is now looking like a huge book of spreads! :D I like the index card thing too---I have a small box to hold them in--like a recipe box. I only just begun doing this, as it doesn't take up as much room on my sometimes very limited space when I do readings.

greenbeans

hello ayumigirl!

I'm still learning all this stuff, but I've just started reading 'Designing Your Own Tarot Spreads' by Teresa Michelsen. I'm hoping it will allow me to be 'self sufficient' in making custom spreads to match the issues I read for, rather than struggling with the Celtic Cross (which I cannot get a handle on no matter how hard I try...). I'll probably always keep the spreads pretty simple though, I'm easily confused!

MysticalMoose

Highly recommend the spreads section here at AT some great reading for you there! :D

Cocobird55

greenbeans --

The Celtic Cross is not the most user friendly, or useful spread around, especially when you are learning. Try some simple three card spreads like past/present/future or mental/spiritual/emotional. You can get a lot of good information from them, and they are much easier to figure out. I very seldom use anything larger than a five-card spread.

Penny Dreadful

I love the book, "Power Tarot" by Trish MacGregor and Phyllis Vega. There are more spreads than I think I'd ever use in it as well as my favorite, "The Writer's Spread".

Sheri

Welcome ayumigirl!

All the advice given is great!

Interestingly enough, there is an ebook of the spreads here on AT in the making!

eBook of Spreads Thread

valeria