• Yes, I use a base card

Votes: 34 37.0%
  • No, I do not use a base card

Votes: 37 40.2%
  • I don't know what one is

Votes: 21 22.8%

• Total voters

Grizabella

Do you use a base card in readings? HeavensVault has requested that I post a poll with this question.

I forgot to make this one multiple choice, but you can post questions here in the thread, of course.

SunChariot

So what IS a base card???:grin:

Bar

Pao

is that a significator? i feel silly not knowing what it is lol

SunChariot

Don'y worry Pao. When I did the poll 50% of the people admitted to not knowing what it is. Now, just as many people don't know what they are as use them. Apparently this is not something that is common knowledge.

Bar

Pao

Yes I noticed! lol I dont feel AS stupid now hahaa :D

Amanda B

I voted yes,

but actually it's just sometimes. To me, that's definitely more yes than no, and sometimes wasn't one of the options!

AB

Rin

*can't wait to find out?*

Grizabella

Well, I think the base card is when you add up the numbers on all the cards in a spread and then reduce them down to one number. Then you take the card of the Majors that's got that one number and that's your base card.

Like if you have 5 of Wands, 4 of Cups and 6 of Pentacles, you add them all up and what you come out with is 15, the Devil.

5+4+6=15

Lula Jing

To me - the base card is at the bottom of the deck after shuffling and cutting. Sometimes called the shadow card. I always look at it - it's often more revealing than the spread I used!

To me, the quintessential card is the sum of all the cards as per Lyric's example.

Shy :)

MysticalMoose

Yes thats my understanding too, the I always looked at the base/shadow card before I realised that it was called that or that other did it too. It just seemed to signify what was "lurking" in the background...Ive never used the quint card...Hmmm I shall have to look into that idea....:) sounds interesting....