Books, books and more books!!!

Alpha-Omega

I love buying a Tarot book just as much as buying a new deck! I love reading diffrent point of views to the cards and general diffent views from diffrent people. I felt like sharing with all of you whats in my tarot book & Deck collection.

1) Learning The Tarot by Joan Bunning
2) Learning Tarot Reversals By Joan Bunning
3) Learning Tarot Spreads By Joan Bunning
4) Tarot made easy by Nancy Gareb
5) Tarot for a new generation By Janina Renee
6) The Complete book of Tarot Reversals By Mary K. Greer
7) Tarot Tips By Ruth Anna Amberstone & Wald Amberstone
8) Power Tarot by Trish MacGregor & Phyllis Vega*
9) It’s all in the cards – John Mangiapane
10) Professional Tarot – The Business of Reading, Consulting and Teaching By Christine Jette
11) The Tarot Bible By Sarah Barlett
12) Tarot Card Combinations By Dorothy Kelly
13) Complete book of Tarot Spreads By Evelin Burger and Johannes Fiebig
14) HOW TO – Use tarot spreads by Sylvia Abraham
15) Revelations Tarot Companion by Zach Wong
16) The Gilded Tarot Companion By Barbara Moore
17) Special Topics in Tarot :Understanding The Tarot Court By Mary K. Greer & Tom Little
18) Special Topics in Tarot : Tarot & Dream Interpretation By Julie Gillentine
19) Llewellyn's Tarot Reader 2007
20) Llewellyn's Tarot Reader 2006
21) The Hanson-Roberts Tarot Companion By Susan Hansson
22) The Llewellyn Tarot Companion by Anna Marie Ferguson
23)Tarot Plain and simple by Anthony Louis
24) The Complete Book of Tarot by Juliet Sharman Burke

Decks
The Rider Waite
The Universal Rider Waite
The Radiant Rider Waite
The Thoth Tarot
The Archeon Tarot
The Revelations Tarot
The Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg
The Gilded Tarot
The Golden Tarot
The Llewellyn Tarot
The Hanson-Roberts Tarot
The Universale Tarot Mini

Does anyone have any of these books or decks and what do you like or dislike about them?

The crowned one

I enjoy any of the history of Tarot.

I have read

The tarot: history, mystery and lore /Cynthia Giles. (intresting)
Tarot / Alfred Douglas (very good to wonderful)
The tarot bible/Sahar Bartlett (good/ beginners)
Understanding the tarot:/ Juliet Sharman-Burke. (Good)

I have coming:

The pictorial key to the tarot / Arthur Edward Waite.
Meditations on the tarot : a journey into Christian hermeticism / Anonymous translated by Robert P

6 Haunted Days

I also do LOVE collecting books on Tarot (but then of course I am a certified bibliopihle as well!) and I have the vast majority on your list (I have around probably 80-100 books on all things tarot, I've been meaning to make a list, never any time!). I love to read the different viewpoints and approaches to anything Tarot related.

If you don't have you MUST read Tarot Tells The Tale by James Ricklef and his others. IMO he is one of the very best Tarot authors out there today.

Also I collect weird old books on Tarot. Just last month at a used bookstore I found 4 from the 60's and 70's.....what a hoot! One of them is so sexist and horrible it's good for some laughter lol.

The crowned one

Tarot Tells The Tale by James Ricklef is now on its way to me, thanks for the recommend!

Alpha-Omega

James Ricklef's Books are on my to buy list.

shadowdancer

Any book by James Ricklef or Mark McElroy are worth reading.
Nice easy style, but also entertaining enough to make the enjoyable reads as well as educational and thought provoking

Davina

Alpha-Omega

Just just bought "Tarot Get the whole Story" Cant wait to read it.

sweet_intuition

One tarot Masterpiece that's essential to be on everyone's booklist is Tarot for Yourself by Mary K Greer. It's one book that totally transformed the way I viewed and used the Tarot. :)

The crowned one

sweet_intuition said:
One tarot Masterpiece that's essential to be on everyone's booklist is Tarot for Yourself by Mary K Greer. It's one book that totally transformed the way I viewed and used the Tarot. :)

OK I will buy that one too. I found one for 17.00 and the other for 20.00 Seems reasonable to me.

I wish we had a thread of "three books you must own" I could sort through them and find the winners. Any recommends for history related tarot books?