Anyone reading Tarot Shadow Work (Using the Dark Symbols to heal) by Christine Jette

inanna_tarot

When I started working on the Shadow side of my path over a year ago, a friend of mine gave me a copy of this to borrow. I read it and knew that this was something I wanted to do, but didn't. I needed time to be able to sort through some of my shadow work away from tarot and away from what I knew.
I'm at a place now where having dealt with some of the really big nightmares I am prepared to go on the journey again and deal with everything else in the closet!

I've just ordered this book and hopefully it'll be in my mailbox soon. No idea which deck to use with it though I don't think i'd want to use my Druidcraft. Maybe its an excuse to buy the IIT and not just hoping i'll get one in a trade :p

brujablanca

I like some of the darker decks with Shadow Work. The Archeon Tarot is my favorite by far. But it should be a deck that you not only connet with; but also feel safe with.

Wishing you well on your journey.

Bruja

Master_Margarita

brujablanca said:
I like some of the darker decks with Shadow Work. The Archeon Tarot is my favorite by far. But it should be a deck that you not only connet with; but also feel safe with.

Wishing you well on your journey.

Bruja

Thank you, Bruja! I found myself wrestling with some aspects of the first part of the book still so I started a thread here in the Your Readings section. This is powerful stuff.

:heart: M_M~

Master_Margarita

Just found an interesting web article written by Christine Jette (and located here) about using the entire deck, not just the trumps, for shadow work. She gives a detailed description of how to use them to expand the shadow layouts. Interesting.

brujablanca

Thank you MM for the link to such an interesting article.

I will try using the whole deck now. Yippeeeeeeeeeee

inanna_tarot

interesting stuff!
I'm still pondering on my star of discovery, but I like what i'm getting through meditating through the cards etc, that to add the other cards would over complicate the process for me.

But is amazing she's writing more on shadow work!

autumnsdaughter

Found this thread, and had to get the book... so now I have it. It looks pretty interesting, and I've been dealing with a lot of self sabotage lately, so it seems like the right timing.

brujablanca

Autumns Daughter:

May your journey into the shadows bring you discovery and peace.

Blessings to you.

Bruja

flicker

thanks for the thread on this book I am just about to check a few sites to order this as, I really want the bohemian gothic deck but will have to wait for it when i can afford it.

Master_Margarita

inanna_tarot said:
interesting stuff!
I'm still pondering on my star of discovery, but I like what i'm getting through meditating through the cards etc, that to add the other cards would over complicate the process for me.

But is amazing she's writing more on shadow work!

I don't know if she's written more recently...that article is from 2002 and seems to be all the stuff she now wishes she put in the book.

I think using the remainder of the deck to readings is a big addition to the method, frankly. :D

flicker said:
thanks for the thread on this book I am just about to check a few sites to order this as, I really want the bohemian gothic deck but will have to wait for it when i can afford it.

I have been using the BG for my work with this book for the last couple of weeks now and it is AMAZING. Save your pennies. :)