Madame Endora´s Study Group: The black cat.

Loewenzahnhexe

Hello,

From the book:
THE BLACK CAT Enigmatic and aloof, the black cat is temperamental with affections. it is the symbol of mystery and superstition. Avoid unnecessary risk, your luck will soon change.

First of all is: it´s an old superstision, that the black cat brings bad fortune. Every time I see this card, it´s a kind of warning: don´t fear things, that aren´t real, make no unnecessary panic. And: it is said, that cats have 7 lives: If your luck turn into bad luck, you will survive - things won´t become to bad, even when it seems so in the begining.

Best wishes
Tanja

MysticalMoose

I like this cat he has a positive feel about him to me. I have always heard that to see a black cat is lucky ~ This cat is upright & full of self confidence & I feel he says just sit tight, dont do anything crazy things are a-changing...
:)
not sure if that was a typo Loewenzahnhexe....cats have 9 lives....so thats an extra 2 for you! :D
:love:

squeakmo9

I agree MysticalMoose, this cat's got a confident feel to him, and I believe he has a scarob beetle on his chest, just like from the Sun card...life after death? A promise of rebirth? For as confident as this furball looks like, he seems very pleased at his ability to keep a secret, and I like that lots. I think he would prove most interesting when surrounded by other cards. Giving more hope to reversed or "heavy" cards. Interesting little fellow;)

purple_scorp

Wow, the way that cat is posed, plus the hieroglyphics on the borders, smacked of sphinx to me. So I googled black sphinx and found this website:

http://www.chaos.org.uk/~eddy/when/2007/riddle.html

It made me wonder whether there was a secret message on the border of this card.

Anyone want to have a crack at it???

with love
purple_scorp