The Magician as a fear?

Isisrana

I pulled up the magician as a "fear" of someone I did a reading for.

I really cant even begin to scratch the surface of this.
I checked out the meaning of the card in my books, online, on the forum

the only thing I came up with is maybe someone who fears being mislead or fooled by illusions?
Or someone who doesnt want to know themselves? Or doesnt want to be introspective.

Im not sure.
Maybe someone who fears being inadequate? Someone who fears knowledge?

what do you guys think. Im stumped. It was clarified by 10 DISKS (thoth)
If this needs to be moved I apologize. I figured since it was on one card I could post it here.

The crowned one

Perhaps they fear the power someone has over them, or it could be as simple as the fear to start something new.

VGimlet

Fear of failing at something one thinks one should be good at, perhaps - or even has proven they are good at. Possibly a lack of confidence in one's abilities - even though you've been successful before. (10 disks)

That the original success was all smoke and mirrors, and you may not be able to reproduce it.

A few ideas.

Isisrana

Very interesting.

Im still unsure but Im going to go with your interpretations.

What a strange card to come as for a fear?

Isisrana

I just realized VGimlet you are in my area! How funny.

I actually think this rings true, lack of confidence in ones abilitities. This person seems to have a lot of problems with confidence.

STRENGTH being placed under :whats stopping them:

Skysteel

The Basic Fear of the Magician is of being worthless, without inherent value - this manifests as substituting images (persona) instead of ones true-self, mistakenly believing that the former is more valuable. The impetus is then on validating said images as successful, getting people to notice and affirm it. Secondary fears are then along the theme of being rejected, of being overshadowed and of losing the positive regard of others.

Kenny

Fear that he will not succed.
Fear that he will succed.
Fear that he knows what to do, but doesn't want to do it.

Lewen

Perhaps fear as in

F alse
E vidence
A ppearing
R eal

Perhaps this person is afraid to trust in their own abilities and their fear is blown up to prevent them from taking charge and having confidence in themselves.

wytchwood

I would take that as fear of success. We've all been in a situation where we were afraid what would happen if we got out own way. I think that could be indicated by the Magician as 'fear'. One possibility anyway.

Zoe

Isarma

fear

the magician needs somenone to notice him, to be recognized, a public, a ilusionist always needs someone to look at him, or else it can´t be an ilusionist. Maybe fear of not be noticed... and so on...