Numerology: 5

vijeno

We're moving...

5 means to me...

Chaos, disorder, struggle, life itself; complexity, spirit (the 5th element). Well, and then, of course, as we all know, 2+3=5 ;-)

The pentagon is the simplest (but i bet not the only) equilateral figure you cannot construct with pure geometrics - you need to approximate the angle.

The pentagram, obviously, is most often interpreted as one sign of the devil.

ladycj

5 means to me . . . 5th wheel, being left out. Half way to compleation (being half of 10) . . . Prime number (there goes that math again). . . lol

zorya

to the ancient greeks, five stood for marriage (i find this rather amusing, lol ) because it was made up of a boy number (odd) and a girl number (even).

five senses. energy being scattered. motion. challenges and wisdom. conflict. adjusting. struggle. loss. conflict. fear. nervous energy. uncertainty. taking. impulsiveness. expansion.

Strega

The number of sensuality and multiplicity. It is active, adventurous, unconventional, and unpredictable. There's a need for change, variety, and progression. It suggests freedom and exploration.

Rune: Raidho
Tarot: Hierophant
Astrology: Mercury, Venus, Taurus, Leo
Element: Air, Fire
Tree of Life: Geburah, Severity (Power)
Colors: Blue-green (Turquoise), Orange
Gemstone: Turquoise, Ruby
Month: May
Day: Tuesday

meatbox666

Are you moving in with a significant other. If so then there will be frustrations. Such as the five of cups came to my mind.

Umbrae

The Hitchhiker. Represents a desire for freedom and independence that makes you go against the status quo. Fives can signal a time of nervous energy, challenges and conflicts with others, and adventure and impulsive actions. Fives also suggest travel and expansion as well as fluctuations in many areas of life.

The reason I refer to it as the hitchhiker, is that if you ever hitchhike – you must surrender to fate, if you wish to change (travel).

Look at the number…four with one in the middle, the four spin around the one...

lili

Five is the number of struggle and uncertainty. The stability of the 4 is upset by adding the number one to it. Five represent the arrival of problems, conflict and disappointments.

Rhiannon

Freedom, Abraham Lincoln was a 5. He is a very good example of how to use freedom as constructive, rather than the destructives of a 5: addiction, never settling down, etc.

R :)

rainwolf

Since we know 5's a number of instability, adaptation, and change how does this relate to key 5? As one book puts it, "here the number doesn't fit the card...the hierophant is decidedly status quo".

I beg to differ. The explanation does seem right at first, but being assigned that number it must have something to do with the 5's. Duquette says "think about something long enough and its meaning comes to you eventually (paraphrase from somewhere in Chicken Qabalah).

If we spread out change, instability, and the need for adaptation long enough (ie, human history) we see the hierophant--change is the only constant, with change being 5, and constant being the root of the hierophant.

How else can I explain this?
Things change; if you don't follow along you are unorthodox.
If you don't expect change, you'll stumble.
Change is the only constant, especially through history.

mynumerologist

Experiences. Variety. Knowledge. New. Excitement. Versatility. Sampling. Taste. Flavor. Buffets. Novelty. Variance. Variations. Variable. Vacillating. Changeable. Sporadic. Spotty. Scatter.

All knowledge is experience. Try it - you'll like it. Variety is the spice of life. Jack of all trades and a master of none. All over the road.