Pictures of our reading space/table

Anam Cara

Disa said:
anam_chara

...the crystal ball you have looks to be about the same size as the cobalt blue one I have. I didn't think to use it on my reading table but it's a great idea. I've not tried scrying with it yet, does yours work well for scrying? I thought the size might be an issue.

TC,

Disa

Thanks for all your kind words Disa! I have to admit, I hadn't been using the secretary for reading until I was inspired by all the others who've posted in this thread...it actually is working out very nicely, as I store all my cards in the glass case above, and many of my other reading items (incense, crystals, scaves, etc.) in the drawers below...it was just a matter of cleaning out all the junque from the inside of the desk!! :D

As for the crystal ball in the photo, that's a smoky quartz...I was surprised by how it looked in the photo! I use it for protection and perception in my readings. I haven't truly tried scrying with it yet, but it seems like it would be big enough...

Thanks for asking!
:heart:cara

rainbowmoon

what a great thread. I love peeking into everyone's world :)

6 Haunted Days

anam_chara said:
We recently moved to a new/old house (new to us, but almost 60 years old...)

I had to laugh, I read the part about it being an "old" house and thought 60 is old for a house?! Then thought, bet she lives in CA (I lived in SoCal for years)where that would be considered old, and ya did! :laugh:

I live in an old victorian, built in 1841, so 166 years old! Around Vermont, 60 would be a fairly new house.

Alta

6 Haunted Days said:
I live in an old victorian, built in 1841, so 166 years old! Around Vermont, 60 would be a fairly new house.
And to Europeans, 1841 is yesterday. I was in Moscow lying on my bed in the hotel reading the guidebook that the Kremlin was first built around 1000, and it all came into perspective for me. :)

The house I grew up in was started in 1811 and ready for habitation in 1821. I used to think that was old. :D

Merenwen

Those reading spaces are so nice. Thank you so much for sharing. I wish I had room for a nice space like that. *sigh* Maybe someday when we move somewhere that has a spare bedroom. I just read on our bed, with everything stored in either my bedside cabinet or the draw under the bed. I'm sure my photo won't be as inspirational as the others, but hey, it's only fair I show mine after you guys showed yours.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/Alexandriana/DSC_0486-1.jpg

Yes, the grey blobs in the bottom corners are my legs in 'tailors' position (as my mum used to call it). The black thing on my knee is the remote for the music on the laptop.

Sometimes, I read on the sofa if it's only a three card spread and then I use the grey lapdesk you can see underneath the laptop in the photo. On occasion I've used the coffee table, but that's covered in chain-mail at the moment (long story). Normally I use a spread cloth, today I just forgot! I use spread cloths and bags made by Sullis, but haven't got one yet for this deck (hmm, father christmas isn't far away)

AJ

My mind registered 'grey boobs' as my eyes left the page mid-read to pull up your picture.. Imagine my amazement when I saw how big they were :)
Thanks for sharing, all our spaces are special

Grizabella

I've sat "tailor's position" all my life and still do. Nothing else is comfortable for me. I guess because I'm so short. There's too much pressure on the backs of my legs and I can't sit clear back in a lot of chairs and couches. I used to find that the floor was the most comfortable place to sit but now, at 62, the floor is harder to get up from. I make sure I have a nice big office chair to sit in at my computer. The nerve damage in my legs can't stand the pressure on the backs of them.

But this is about Merenwen's reading space, not me.

I love your space---it's beautiful. The most beautiful places to me are the places we can relax and be ourselves without a lot of fuss.

What deck is that? At first I thought it was the Llewellyn, but then I noticed the bag doesn't have the beads on it like the Llewelly's does. Looking closer, I also see that the cards don't look exactly like Llewellyn's, even though they look similar.

firefrost

I do love these reading space pictures. Merenwen, this looks so comfortable and warm.

Hils

HearthCricket

Merenwen~Nothing wrong with reading on a bed! I've done some of my best readings and bondings with decks while casually looking through them, lying on my tummy, watching tv! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

mysticmonkey

Solitaire* said:
What deck is that? At first I thought it was the Llewellyn, but then I noticed the bag doesn't have the beads on it like the Llewelly's does.
The book on the bed says Mystic Faerie Tarot so I looked it up and yup that's the one:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mystic-faerie/index.shtml
Very pretty!

Hey Merenwen I read on the bed too and it may not be glamorous but it's always comfy. :)

I sometimes read here in front of the computer but I won't embarrass myself by taking a picture as it's a bit of a mess. **understatement alert!!** ;)