Power Tarot ( assistance)

coyoteblack

Hello All!!

I have owned this book a while and some of the spreads are great some are there as fillers it seems. My problems is some really nice spreads don't have enough detail in them ( like the ladle spread)

Does anyone know if this book ever came out with a companion book or some online help for more detail?

If not anyone here have any experience with any of the spreads there they want to share.

My personal favorite is the one she based on the Inca medicine wheel.

Skydancer

I have this book - will have to go get it and get back with you. There are no companion books that I know of.

If you like a spread but feel that there's not enough detail -- make up some more question spots!! You can add anything you want to to a pre-made spread, and leave out any parts that don't seem to apply. You can always go back another day and do it differently!

*S*

room

I did the ladle spread a couple of times--it's one of my favourites. I Like it because I find large spreads exhausting, but it has more information than a 3-card spread or simple Past-Present-Future spread.

The other thing you can do is pull an extra card for the positions you want more details on. Usually this is called a "clarifying" card. You can draw from the main deck you did the spread with, or use a different deck.

I'm going to copy the meanings for each card:

1) Root of question, the concern, the issue
2) What is hidden
3) What is emerging
4) What is visible now
5) What you scoop out.
6) Resolution: how it affects you.

I think part of the reason that spread meanings aren't more particularly defined is so that you can interpret and use your intuition more freely, and thus tune in and get a better reading without a preconceived notion from the description of meaning.

Does that make sense? The details are in YOU in other words.

coyoteblack

Maybe if I tried re-reading the book now after a few years in tarot I would understand this better. The meaning is in me that makes sense

room

Also coyoteblack, I was thinking of another book for you:

Designing Your Own Tarot Spreads by Teresa Michelsen
Paperback: 192 pages
Publisher: Llewellyn Publications; 1st ed edition (March 1, 2003)
ISBN-10: 0738702633
$11.01 USD at Amazon.com

I actually think that this would help you as you make and define your own spread elements, they will have the detail you understand in your own way.

What about that?

coyoteblack

looks good I will have a look at this. Thanks !