Possible to predict death in a dream?

siren85

hi there. I was wondering if you all think that its possible to predict your own death in a dream? Recently, I had a dream where a witch/wise woman told me that I was going to die in a couple of months. Or rather, I read it in her 'book'. I was in a library at the time... and this got me thinking: Is it possible that I was viewing the Akashic Records, and reading my Souls Book? Also in the dream, I was being chased by the living dead, and they surrounded me in a mausoleum. I didn't know what to do, so I started to act like them, and they left me alone and went the other way, and I ran. And right before I woke, I dreamt of my funeral, and all the people who would be there. I was an observer, like I was watching above the situation, you know, like as a spirit. Edited to add: During the funeral, I remember seeing one person in particular, who was of more importance than anyone else there... everyone else was a bit faded and insignificant. And he was a romantic interest of mine; I have had very deep feelings for him. So I was thinking, maybe it could be telling me that being with him will 'transform' me, bring a death to my old ways of being? just throwing that out there..

Now this has me a bit freaked out. Also a while back, tying this into tarot, as 'My Souls Purpose for this Lifetime', I drew Death. (but my main one is the Magician)

Now I know this whole thing (the dream together with the tarot) could simply mean 'Transformation', but it has got me a bit scared. Do you think thats what it is? Has anyone had a similar dream? :(

calligirl

Every time I dream someone is going to die, I usually hear of a pregnancy. If it's a movie star, then someone I know only by name, i.e. husband's work announces they're pregnant. Only time I dreamed I died, well, her name's Makala...but that's just me.

If you've had dream warnings before, then I'd say, pay attention but if this is just something new, then I'd say your drawing of the Death card has bothered you to the point it's coming up in your dreams.

JewelTones

I've dreamt of deaths before but -- ironically -- they never end up being actual "death"... they wind up representing change. The "death" of the old. Old ways of thinking, of living, of being. They represent sudden changes that make a shift in direction. I recall one particularly vivid death dream (complete with funeral, mourners, and a wailing siamese cat) that never came true... but vast changes in that persons life (complete with wailing) did.

When I dream of death it takes a much more subtle tone. Like... the uncle who appeared in a dream talking about how he would no longer need his car because he wouldn't be driving anymore and did I want it? I woke up knowing he was going to die. He'd never give up that car. He'd never NOT need to drive. He died a few days later. Or when I dreamed that another uncle pulled his car up to a window in my house (like a drive-through) and I noticed tiny, itty bitty bugs crawling around the wall... then realized there was a boarded over vent there with a hole in it (where the bugs were going in and out of). I realized there was something wrong with him... probably a heart trouble. He became very very sick and almost died. They still don't know what was wrong with him.

The only other precursor to death dreams I'v had involve the person coming to me for that good-bye.

So I tend not to view Death in a dream as actual Death.

Plus, when you're viewing those records in the library... who is to say which life you're actually looking at? When I say mine (and my mother's and aunt's) I only saw backward, not forward, and not even this life.

JT

siren85

thanks guys. its good to hear from others who have had similar dreams. thats what I was kind of thinking.... that it didn't mean actual death, but transformation, a big change, ect. but needless to say, I was a bit scared when I woke up lol. a voice in my dream said that I'm going to die in a couple months

calligirl: do you mean just a pregnancy in general? b/c I'm not even dating this guy (who I dreamt about), but he is actually dating another girl at the moment so.. Also, I drew the Death card awhile back, a few months ago.

jeweltones: thanks for your insight. death representing sudden change, that makes sense. and were you referring to the akashic records when you said you saw yours, your mothers and your aunts? you only saw the past, not the future?

JewelTones

jeweltones: thanks for your insight. death representing sudden change, that makes sense. and were you referring to the akashic records when you said you saw yours, your mothers and your aunts? you only saw the past, not the future?
Yep. It was funny. I know a lot of people say they see a library etc etc. I got a crammed medical room full of files (like patient files). And I got to pull mine, my mom's and my aunt's. And I remember looking at the label on my aunt's which said "From Egyptian Slave to...." and for the life of me I can't remember what the "to" was. But man, the Egyptian Slave part explained a lot! <G> I don't recall the label on mine, but I remember opening it and seeing clippings -- like things pulled from magazines and newspapers. One of them was a botanical drawing of fruit and greenery arranged in an urn type pot (couldn't tell scale) and it was in an article/blurb about either Roche Gardens or Boche Gardens. I got the impression I drew the sketch. My mother's I never opened because I wanted to give it to her to read. And of coruse that's when I woke up. Go figure.

Though I do know from previous dreams and other readings that I was also a nun in a former life. And boy, let me tell ya, that explains a lot in this life too. LOL!

JT

memries

I cannot even see your entry on my page here siren85. It is a plain page with a slight pink cast that's all.

NightQueen

I say yes! as i have only ever dreamt death of 2 people and they both died, one died as i was dreaming and the other person died the next day

calligirl

Siren85: In answer to your question about dreaming about pregnancy, it depended on how close I was to the person in the dream how close someone to me emotionally would announce they were pregnant.

For example, I dreamed Tom Hanks died. I don't know him, never met him. Hubby came up a few days later and said someone in his office announced they were pregnant. I didn't know them but had heard of them.

I dreamed a cousin who I hardly ever saw died. A few days later, my nephew (who I had seen once in seven years) announced they were having a baby.

I dreamed a close friend died, my sister-in-law announced she was pregnant.

Funnily enough, one sister-in-law announced she was pregnant. I had not had a dream of anyone dying so I thought I had lost that particular 'trait' or whatever. She lost the baby a week later. That happened with my other sister-in-law. She thought she might be pregnant but the dr. told her it was a missed one (?) but I didn't have a death dream then either.

Haven't had one in awhile, but nobody's having babies right now either!

memries

siren85.. I can read you first entry now relative to your dream.

It must be very upsetting for you. I have had dreams of Death with both results. Sometimes it has been for someone close to me and they went on and on although they were more concealed.
Other times I have dreamed of a bomb dropping on top of us which would mean the end of this life for everyone there.

Dreams are for the most part symbolic. If you have a precognitive dream where the content comes true it has been masked in other dream language in my experience. Aside from a precogitive dream all else is symbolic.

It may be parts of your dream will materialize in some other way than the literal death of you as a person. You can certainly feel like you are dying in life many times and live on.. due to illness, trauma, even a very bad flu.

All you can do is carry on and not overeact to your dream.

Maybe your dream was telling you to pick up and move on with the man who showed up and with whom you had a romantic interest and maybe if you do not do that then life will be less fulfilling.

siren85

memries said:
All you can do is carry on and not overeact to your dream.

Maybe your dream was telling you to pick up and move on with the man who showed up and with whom you had a romantic interest and maybe if you do not do that then life will be less fulfilling.

thanks for that. so you think this dream may be telling me to move on, to let go of my feelings for this guy? I was kind of thinking the same thing.... that either the dream meant that being with him would transform me, or that the dream was predicting the end of the relationship and I would need to let go. It has been very painful indeed to try and let go of this... like you said, sometimes traumatic events in life can feel like your dying. but I'm still a bit confused by the whole 'you will die in a few months', b/c I've been going through alot of that stuff now. hmm.