Is this the same as "scrying"?

HighPriestesss

lark said:
I do scry paintings.
I take a blank sheet of watercolor paper and I just randomly paint different colored designs on it....later I come back and all kinds of amazing images have risen up out of the paint....then I accentuate them with a fine line marker or a paint of another color.

Oh! I just LOVE watercolors! They really speak to me. But although I've thought of how easy it would be to draw what I *see*, drawing on the tile floor or carpeting just isn't too practical! LOL Never thought to paint and wait to see what appears....duh! Thank you for sharing this...I'll have to try it myself!

I was sitting here at the computer and gazing out the window at an oak tree. Suddenly this scary face appeared in the leaves, moving slowly, staring at me!! I looked away and when I looked back, I couldn't see it anymore. With me, it's always faces.

lark

When my kids were little we lived in this old farm house and it had a huge kitchen with a very ancient linoleum floor...we used to take kids markers and sit on the floor and outline what we saw in the floor.
I think that was the beginning of my scry painting, and both my kids turned out to be very creative artist in their own right,... so ....get those paints out! :)

PS. when we built a new house I pick a floor for the bathroom with leaves all over it and it shows me the most interesting stuff....
The other day I saw the pope with his big pope hat on....and I told my husband ...watch the news something is going to happen with the pope this week...and darn didn't some guy try and jump in his pope-mobile when he was in a procession and it was all over the news a few days later...
So watch those floor and keep them sparky clean because they can tell the future! :D

tarot4fun

lark said:
I'd like to thank HighPriestess for starting this thread, up until now I didn't really know what to call this type of painting, but now I do.... Scry Painting.
Yes! I’m so glad to have found a name for what I’ve been doing with floors and walls -and with painting. Now, I need to learn to tap into my intuition with it. :)

lark said:
....I'll open a thread in Divination about this so as not to take this thread way off track.
Lark, I hope you will, I am so interested in this subject. :heart:

Blessings~
Suz

Emily

I have a marble tile that I always get amazing images from, moving images too - I found this tile by chance, its on the wall of my bathroom LOL. If I ever have to take the tiles off, I'm keeping this one.

The hardest part is trying to decipher that these images are trying to say to me - a lot of times its animals but if i concentrate then I get human figures and scenes too.

I find that objects like marble or swirly patterns work well for me. I'd love to try it with a black mirror. :)

Something has just occured to me - It gets pretty hectic in our house and sometimes the only time I get to myself is when I go in the bathroom. Is this why I get most of my best scrying attempts in the bathroom? Because its peaceful? I think I'll take my crystal ball in with me next time, shut the door and forget about everyone else. :D

celticnoodle

Emily said:
Something has just occured to me - It gets pretty hectic in our house and sometimes the only time I get to myself is when I go in the bathroom. Is this why I get most of my best scrying attempts in the bathroom? Because its peaceful? I think I'll take my crystal ball in with me next time, shut the door and forget about everyone else. :D
hope you have more then one bathroom! :laugh:

celticnoodle

lark said:
Oh Thank you celticnoodle!
I'll try to tap into you on my next picture ...when it's done I'll send you an email and you can give me your address.
Thank you for letting me practice on you....I'll open a thread in Divination about this so as not to take this thread way off track.
no lark, I THANK YOU! such a wonderful gift to share, and to think I'm the first here on AT! What a gift! I am anxious to see what you come up with for me! Many many thanks, my friend.

tarot4fun

The other day I got all my decks and stones and decided to let them play together. :D I had a serious question and decided to pull one card from each deck. (just a side note - I pulled 3 kings!)

After a time of thought, interpretation and meditation - I decided to 'look' at all my cards on the table as a 'whole picture'. When I stood up I realized that my computer had gone to sleep. So I stood behind my table and viewed the cards in the black screen. Immediately there was an image in the front and it was moving (sort of like the repeated motions of Princess Leia in Star Wars). I watched for some time and asked out loud, "What are you doing?" Then, while still looking in the screen, I slowly put my hand to find the card that the image was touching.
It was a very illumination experience. :)

Emily said:
The hardest part is trying to decipher that these images are trying to say to me - a lot of times its animals but if i concentrate then I get human figures and scenes too.

I find that objects like marble or swirly patterns work well for me. I'd love to try it with a black mirror. :)
All these years, I had never realized that I could/should interpret the images that I saw!
I've been reading about using a black mirror. Tell us what you 'find'~ :)

Suz :heart:

Emily

I read online somewhere about how to make a black mirror, using glass and either black paper or black spray paint. But then I realised that a black shiny tile might work well too. I think it would have to be shiny, I don't think a dull black would work.

I did see a black shiny scrying tile in a New Age shop I go to in Wales, the first time I saw it I thought it was a drinks coaster then I happened to see a pic of one online and it was the same so the next time I went in the shop, I asked the lady if it was a scrying tile and it was but it was so tiny and also very expensive.

I've tried a black cloth under my crystal ball and I thought that might work until my son walked by and said he could see a rainbow in the crystal - I thought it was an 'aha' moment until I realised that, yes i could also see colours - it was reflecting just about everything in the room. LOL

celticnoodle

tarot4fun said:
The other day I got all my decks and stones and decided to let them play together. :D I had a serious question and decided to pull one card from each deck. (just a side note - I pulled 3 kings!)

After a time of thought, interpretation and meditation - I decided to 'look' at all my cards on the table as a 'whole picture'. When I stood up I realized that my computer had gone to sleep. So I stood behind my table and viewed the cards in the black screen. Immediately there was an image in the front and it was moving (sort of like the repeated motions of Princess Leia in Star Wars). I watched for some time and asked out loud, "What are you doing?" Then, while still looking in the screen, I slowly put my hand to find the card that the image was touching.
It was a very illumination experience. :)

All these years, I had never realized that I could/should interpret the images that I saw!
I've been reading about using a black mirror. Tell us what you 'find'~ :)

Suz :heart:
wow suz! that is pretty cool! you should try to see if you can do this again, when your computer goes to sleep like that. did you ever decide what exactly the image was that was moving on your computer screen? what did it mean to you? and, your reading with the 3kings, how did that turn out for you?

yes, emily, i have heard you could make your own scrying black mirror the same way. i'm not sure it would have to be shiny though. i mean, i've seen crystal balls that have a lot of inclusion and a cloudy appearance to them, and some folks seem to prefer them. i think it's just a personal choice, but i wonder, if you want it to be shiny, maybe lacquer applied to it after the black paint dries may help? if you do this, please be sure to let us know how well it works out for you!