Madame Endora's (Secret Circle) Study Group: The Wolf

.traveller.

The Wolf:
from the lwb
A relentless hunter, the wolf is both feared and respected. This beast is selective yet extremely loyal in matters of friendship. Follow your instincts. Beware who you trust.

I did a bit of research on the wolf, even though I know quite a bit about wolves already, when it started appearing in my readings. Most of what I read up on was regarding their vocalizations (it was/is appearing with Air), in particular, the howl.
This lead me to associate this card with communications, especially long distance communications. More abstractly, it could refer to circumstances when we feel we can or cannot communicate, and familiar versus strange surroundings. Age factors into it as well, youth communicating more freely than an elder.
Anyway, those were just my thoughts on the subject.

Pao

I like your view with regards to it having to do with communications. I get scared if it ever comes up in a reading bc the key phrase says someone you cant trust (dont have my cards in front of me) but i like wolves I dont know why they are always seen as "bad" even in the movies like narnia. so i dont know how else I can see this card as positive. i am going to do reasearch on the animal like you did bc i dont want to think of something bad everytime the card comes up or think a person is betraying me and such.

Disa

I got this deck yesterday so I am trying to get a feel for the cards.

The wolf doesn't really even look like a wolf to me. It looks more like a "big cat" (At first glance it's hard to tell the difference between The Wolf, the Gryphon, The Chimera, and The Dragon)

I feel that the caption "Beware who you trust" is similar to the saying "A wolf in sheep's clothing". Not necessarily a bad card, but one of caution?

Wolves to me are cunning, highly intelligent, sleek and charming, yet quite savage and primal as well. They might easily pull the wool over your eyes.