What is the best divination tool for a YES/NO question ?

star-lover

i don't know about these warning stories re pendulums

when i started using mine i got conflicting answers/wrong answers but i think it was me asking stupid questions or repeating a question that had already been answered because i didnt like the answer lol and got told yes then no :D

i trust the pendulum now and always before i ask a question i say a kind of prayer and ask for love truth my higher self and the universe to answer

it hasn't been wrong at all for ages now

i think if you respect your question and have positive motives in asking and the answer it works

sunstallion

star-lover said:
i think if you respect your question and have positive motives in asking and the answer it works

It's not that I dont have a positive motive, but I always want to know the truth. I mean I do trust the divination I am using, but experiences showed that some of the answers I got when I asked the questions didnt come out true later. A completely different answers for those questions revealed themselves.

sunstallion

bradford said:
I get the feeling you're looking askance or with disdain at what is by far the most common method. Would that cheapen it for you? But the venerable old Yijing is accessed by tossing coins. It's just that the tossing is done with some meditation and reverence.

I really have no idea what you are saying here. Sorry, I dont mean to offend you, but I really dont understanding your post at all. May be you post your comments again in different words.

What is "askance or with disdain at what is by far the most common method. Would that cheapen it for you? But the venerable old Yijing is accessed by tossing coins. It's just that the tossing is done with some meditation and reverence" ?

Thanks

Kalymura

sunstallion said:
I DID try a pendulum before, and got hit and miss, more miss than hit. One psychic told me that it is because my analytical mind, my left brain is too strong, that it takes over my intuitive mind. She also said that if I am not careful, a dark entity may take over and mess me up. She is right about my left brain being too strong. Two other psychics told me the same thing.

Sonia Choquette also said in her book that for a pendulum, if you are not careful, a negative entity could take over and mess you up.

By the way, are there any GREAT books from famous, popular authors out there on pendulum that any of you can recommend ?

Hi again Sunstallion,

I’ve never had any experience with spirits, when dowsing, but I do have books that recommend rituals or exercises for gaining protection whilst you work, which would hopefully stop any of the negative energies you‘ve been warned about and importantly prevent energy exhaustion, which is when attacks would be more likely to occur.

Googling ‘White Light of Protection’ brings up many websites, and the exercises can be as simple as grounding and mentally coiling a spiral of white light around yourself like a shield. It’d be a pleasure to find you exact quotes from my books, if you want further help.

In my opinion, dowsing is not like a ouija board, it does not call upon entities. I have found it to be a link to the subconscious, which is what moves the pendulum (so it is you - but not at all consciously, which explains how it can be draining). As you’ve had unhelpful results from the pendulum before, and have been told you have a dominant analytical mind, taking time to meditate (including protection exercises) can help access the subconscious. Other’s may have more advice about this!

Unfortunately, I don’t have any other techniques to suggest that would give a clear yes/no answer and still be divinatory - unless you try Bradford’s flipping a coin idea (but with reverence) ;)

Best wishes, Kaly.

6 Haunted Days

What about just flipping a coin? Seems the simplest way.

Umbrae

6 Haunted Days said:
What about just flipping a coin? Seems the simplest way.
hee hee hee
Umbrae said:
Hunt down the book The Book of Ordinary Oracles by Lon Milo DuQuette - it is (IMO) a must have anyways...

Chapter 4 is about the Oracle of Ko-Ween, which addresses this very question.

sunstallion

Umbrae said:
Hunt down the book The Book of Ordinary Oracles by Lon Milo DuQuette - it is (IMO) a must have anyways...

Chapter 4 is about the Oracle of Ko-Ween, which addresses this very question.

My local library system does not have this book. I am not going to spend money to buy it just to answer one question. So, would you mind tell me about it here or you can PM me.

Thanks

6 Haunted Days

I am thinking Umbrae is being a little tongue in cheek here (him? no!)....look at how it is spellled Kow-ween. And then I mentioned why not just do a coin toss for a yes or no answer. I bet you get the method now! :p

sunstallion

6 Haunted Days said:
I am thinking Umbrae is being a little tongue in cheek here (him? no!)....look at how it is spellled Kow-ween. And then I mentioned why not just do a coin toss for a yes or no answer. I bet you get the method now! :p

No, I think he was serious. I found this book on Amazon, and you actually can look inside a few pages. But I am not going to buy this book just to find out what that Kow-ween is.

6 Haunted Days

sunstallion said:
No, I think he was serious. I found this book on Amazon, and you actually can look inside a few pages. But I am not going to buy this book just to find out what that Kow-ween is.

Coin (Kow-ween) toss, flip a coin etc. Get it?